NOW THAT THE BRUINS HAVE WON, COULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

NOW THAT THE BRUINS HAVE WON, COULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?

Cant believe what i'm seeing with the bruins right now. about to destroy canuck in game 6 to go bak to vancouver. though they've lost all 3 games there thus far, they've all been close 1-foal affairs unlike the 3 games in boston. i think for just one game, tim thomas and our offense can put together a win. luongo is leaky. he can be had. i never really focused on the bruins before but its a good thing to see all 4 major teams in contention for rings in their respective sports. my order of prederence is: pats, sox, celts and then more closely by the bruins then by a mile by the revolution.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THE BRUINS BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?

In Response to IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THE BRUINS BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?:
    [QUOTE]Cant believe what i'm seeing with the bruins right now. about to destroy canuck in game 6 to go bak to vancouver. though they've lost all 3 games there thus far, they've all been close 1-foal affairs unlike the 3 games in boston. i think for just one game, tim thomas and our offense can put together a win. luongo is leaky. he can be had. i never really focused on the bruins before but its a good thing to see all 4 major teams in contention for rings in their respective sports. my order of prederenceis: pats, sox, celts and then more closely by the bruins then by a mile by the revolution.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

My loyalty "prederences" don't change depending upon who is hot at the moment.

Although my interest in any non-contending team may tend to wane a bit. 

As for the Bruins, I think this the first time I've tuned into a hockey game for decades, and now that they're up 4 to 0, I've come back here to post. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THE BRUINS BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?

Definitely!!!!   I feel like I'm 9 years old again!  :)

The Bruins are gonna do it!  Tim Thomas is a living legend!!!!    :)

The new Jerry Cheevers  :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Dirt -- it's GERRY Cheevers.

And to the question. No. The Bruins are already tied with the Red Sox as my favorite Boston team. It's been that way ever since I can remember either team (around 1969-70) as a kid.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmm21. Show gmm21's posts

The Sox have always been the top draw for me as long as I can remember, specifically since 1975 and onwards. However, my family roots are in Mass. but in CA., so yes the Celtic's and the Bruins are represented in my home in one form or another. And no way on the Pats, been a Raiders fan since the days of Kenny Stabler...we all have faults...

I thought I would never see the Sox win a Championship, the only team left to hang one that I have yet to see are the B's, sure hope it this Wednesday!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

No but they were my second favorite for a long time. I just kind of lost a little interest in hockey because of the fighting and letting practically every team in the league get in the playoffs. For me it now it goes 1. Red Sox , Celts slightly ahead of the Pats then the B's. I do believe that they are a strong no. 2 in this city to the Sox. It's a great hockey town besides a Bruins town. Philly where I live is a Flyers town not a hockey town. I fell in love with hockey in 69-70 when I moved to Wellesley from Fall River. I think they have hockey leagues from birth. The 1970 Bruins are still my favorite team in my heart. When the Sox won it all in 2004 they made me the happiest. But with apologies to John Feinstein the 1970 Bruins I refer to as forever's team. Now I also believe that the Bruins have underachieved more then any team in Boston sports history. 1969 they blew two leads in game one and two in Montreal and lost in 6. 1971-ugh! 1974 favored over the Flyers.  And there have been more. 93 to the Sabres, 90 to Edmonton and no Gretzky, 80 to a Islanders team having an off year(OK they did win the first of four cups)82 to Quebec, 84 to a Habs team with a losing record. And two years ago to the Hurricanes and of course last years nightmare to the Flyers. What I'm saying is I believe they have underachieved or choked much more then the Red Sox and have seemed to get a free pass from the fans and the media. When the Sox would lose it would be, Oh they choked again and broke our hearts.When the Bruins would do the same it seemed to be, oh well we still love our Bruins. And of course blaming Jacobs the owner and not the team. That's just the way I felt the pulse was. Anyway I have never been happier for one Bruins team win or lose this year. They got outplayed by the Habs and won in 7. Shocked the Flyers, then had a tough 7 game series with the Lightning. Win or lose I've been very happy with this team. LET'S DO IT!!!!! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpikeCunn5. Show SpikeCunn5's posts

Celtics
    Red Sox
    Patriots

I don't understand Hockey so it will never be on my favorites list.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

My list of favorite professional sports teams in order:

1.  Red Sox (by far)
    2.  Celtics
    3.  Patriots
    4.  SF 49ers
    5.  SF Giants

My list of least favorite professional sports teams in order:

1. Yankees
    2. LA Lakers
    3. Oakland Raiders
    4. Dallas Cowboys
    5. Miami Heat (as of this season)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

The Bruins have dominated at home and have been close on the road. We shall see if they can win that Game 7 on the road. I am not a hockey fan.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THE BRUINS BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?:
    [QUOTE]My list of favorite professional sports teams in order: 1.  Red Sox (by far) 2.  Celtics 3.  Patriots 4.  SF 49ers 5.  SF Giants My list of least favorite professional sports teams in order: 1. Yankees 2. LA Lakers 3. Oakland Raiders 4. Dallas Cowboys 5. Miami Heat (as of this season)  
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I also like the Hanshin Tigers for this reason (from Wikipedia):

Though they are the sister team of the American baseball team Detroit Tigers, they are frequently compared to the Boston Red Sox. Both the Tigers and Red Sox have an enthusiastic fan base and play in older stadiums. The Tigers' rivalry with the Yomiuri Giants of Tokyo parallels the rivalry between the Red Sox and the New York Yankees. At one time both teams shared the title of "cursed"; leading to the Tigers' nickname of "Hard-Luck Hanshin."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THE BRUINS BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?:
    [QUOTE]Celtics Red Sox Patriots I don't understand Hockey so it will never be on my favorites list.
    Posted by SpikeCunn5[/QUOTE]

Mine is the other way around...
    Patriots
    Red Sox
    Celtics

I cheer for the Bruins because it is a Boston team, but I don't think of myself as a real fan as I am of the above teams.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

My second favorite NE sports team has been the Patriots since 1976, Steve Grogan's rookie year. I absolutely loved the way that guy played QB. He wasn't as successful as Brady, but he was as tough as they come at quarterback. Anyone who will play most of a season in a neck brace gets major points for being tough. I'm also still bummed they ditched Pat the Patriot for the flying elvis logo.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]My second favorite NE sports team has been the Patriots since 1976, Steve Grogan's rookie year. I absolutely loved the way that guy played QB. He wasn't as successful as Brady, but he was as tough as they come at quarterback. Anyone who will play most of a season in a neck brace gets major points for being tough. I'm also still bummed they ditched Pat the Patriot for the flying elvis logo.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

I'm a traditionalist most of the time, but the Pats' uniform change was one change I like. I think the uniforms of today are much better than the Red Jersey and Pat Patriot helmets.

But I agree with you on Grogan. He's my favorite Patriot player of all time. One of my favorite games I went to was the final Dolphins game at the old Orange Bowl. It was a Monday night game against the Patriots in 1986 and Grogan came off the bench to replace an injured Easton and tossed a couple TD passes to lead the Patriots to victory.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Weiner shoud not do what Obama has told him to do.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Weiner shoud not do what Obama has told him to do.
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]Huh?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THE BRUINS BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM? : I'm a traditionalist most of the time, but the Pats' uniform change was one change I like. I think the uniforms of today are much better than the Red Jersey and Pat Patriot helmets. But I agree with you on Grogan. He's my favorite Patriot player of all time. One of my favorite games I went to was the final Dolphins game at the old Orange Bowl. It was a Monday night game against the Patriots in 1986 and Grogan came off the bench to replace an injured Easton and tossed a couple TD passes to lead the Patriots to victory.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]He also came off the bench in the super bowl that year. It was the only time the Patriots' offense showed any life all game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Celtics Red Sox Patriots I don't understand Hockey so it will never be on my favorites list.
    Posted by SpikeCunn5[/QUOTE]so how come you never post on the celts board?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THE BRUINS BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM? : My loyalty "prederences" don't change depending upon who is hot at the moment. Although my interest in any non-contending team may tend to wane a bit.  As for the Bruins, I think this the first time I've tuned into a hockey game for decades, and now that they're up 4 to 0, I've come back here to post. 
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]hey i admit to being a fairweather-bandwagon bruins fan. never really cared before this playoff run. in future, i wil l continue to watch now that i know the guys esp tim thomas and seguin (he could be as big as brady in these parts). btw, they are up 4-0?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THE BRUINS BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?:
    [QUOTE]Cant believe what i'm seeing with the bruins right now. about to destroy canuck in game 6 to go bak to vancouver. though they've lost all 3 games there thus far, they've all been close 1-foal affairs unlike the 3 games in boston. i think for just one game, tim thomas and our offense can put together a win. luongo is leaky. he can be had. i never really focused on the bruins before but its a good thing to see all 4 major teams in contention for rings in their respective sports. my order of prederence is: pats, sox, celts and then more closely by the bruins then by a mile by the revolution.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

No the Bruins are my FIRST favorite Boston team.  I happen to like hockey more than baseball because its so fast paced and the action is non-stop.  Hockey players are also tough guys and play thru significant pain whereas baseball players will sit out games because they tweaked a muscle. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from YAZZER. Show YAZZER's posts

gretski was on tv last night during game 6.
    repeat after me please-BOBBY ORR was the greatest hockey player of all time.

thank you.

and the BRUINS are my 2nd favorite next to RED SOX.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

After all "B" is for bandwagon!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

don't know if they will complete the mission, but a big time clutch step up by the B's last night...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

gretski was at game 6 last night.
    please repeat after me: BOBBY ORR was the greatest hockey player of all-time.
    thank you.

the BRUINS are my 2nd favorite, next to the RED SOX. they have been since 1968.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

My first love is baseball RedSox,then Patriots, then Bruins and finally the Celtics. I never thought this team would go this deep.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

its hard for me to rank each sport in my mind, although I live and die for the sox I watch every Pat's game and nearly every celtics game. As for the Bruins, if they can continue to play like they are in these playoffs over the next 4 or 5 years then I  would say they could move up my list.