NYY Death Watch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: NYY Death Watch

Jeter will demand a 3 year extension @ $20MM per.

Jay-z gonna take them for $23MM x 5

Bora$ will sell them a injury prone CF @ $18.5MM x 5

still need catcher, 3b, 2 SP's, closer (Robertson?)

if george were still alive he would tell selig and his luxury tax to take a flying flip as YES prints monies.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

I have never been a Yankee hater, though some of you fans can be real obnoxious Wink

but this year I am definitely an Oriole hater.  For all their trash talking of Fenway last year, and mouthing off about how the Sox have the money and they don't, they still can't cut it.   Keep talking Buck.  Keep mouthing off.    I hope the entire Sox team does backflips once Baltimore is eliminated from the playoffs.   They can kiss my assembly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

A slight exaggeration; they have a surplus of relievers and young catchers. Also Cano, if he stays, would likely agree to a back loaded contract. Granderson, not so much. Also, you may want to recheck players coming off the payroll. Otherwise, it looks like a long season in 2014.

I have the list of the guys coming off payroll

Backloaded doesn't matter for Luxury Tax - they take the AVERAGE ANNUAL SALARY

They are loaded with Catchers?  Who?  Romine?  He's terrible.

And relievers?  Where are they?  There best pitching prospects were Joba Hughes and Kennedy and look at where they are now compared to Lester and Buck?  Until it happens with their pitching, it does not exist.

RP - Robertson, Logan, Kelley, Claiborne, Warren, Phelps

C- Stewart, Cervelli, Romine, Sanchez, Murphy - admittedly a weak bunch, but they don't need any

You talk like they'll lose 90+ games next yr; I doubt it.

Robertson is a rookie?  Logan is a rookie?  Kelley Claiborne Warren and Phelps are good?

Cervelli is a rookie?  Nope, just another cheater.   But who cares really - that's a really sad lot.

I don't know how many games they will lose but I do know next year will be worse for them.

What does the rookie status have to do with your previous inane remarks regarding their relievers? Way to deflect, and the pitchers listed are all decent, with Kelley being lights out in May-Aug, not to mention Robertson & Logan.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

if george were still alive he would tell selig and his luxury tax to take a flying flip as YES prints monies.

Once again, patently false, if not in a pro-spective way; I doubt Jeter plays past 2014; he may even quit this winter pending how his ump-teenth rehab progresses on that shattered ankle.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

[QUOTE]

The Yankees need to win all of their remaining games to have a shot at a wild card berth.  

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha, breathe, Hahahahahahahahaha....

[/QUOTE]

Are you still alive?   LOL  Laughing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

They do have a soft schedule ahead. That is their only hope. The other contenders are playing each other. That means that one of them has to lose. On the other hand, one of them has to win. If they can get to within a game by the last series, they have a shot. Their problem is that they are playing so poorly that even sweeping the cellar dwellers will be tough. I , for one , will not be sending any condolences if and when they succumb.

Stabbed by Foulke.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to soxmeister's comment:

I have never been a Yankee hater, though some of you fans can be real obnoxious Wink

but this year I am definitely an Oriole hater.  For all their trash talking of Fenway last year, and mouthing off about how the Sox have the money and they don't, they still can't cut it.   Keep talking Buck.  Keep mouthing off.    I hope the entire Sox team does backflips once Baltimore is eliminated from the playoffs.   They can kiss my assembly.

Which is exactly why we dont need to lose to them. Take at least four of these last six from them. I want to see the Sox eliminate them next weekend on their own home turf. Final payback for 2011, except instead of going to play golf the next day like they did, we'll be preparing for the Divisional Round.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Once again, patently false, if not in a pro-spective way; I doubt Jeter plays past 2014; he may even quit this winter pending how his ump-teenth rehab progresses on that shattered ankle.

I'd say you're right about 2014.

There's no way he allows this year to be his last.

He wont want to go out on a pair of crutches, any more than Rivera did.

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

They do have a soft schedule ahead. That is their only hope. The other contenders are playing each other. That means that one of them has to lose. On the other hand, one of them has to win. If they can get to within a game by the last series, they have a shot. Their problem is that they are playing so poorly that even sweeping the cellar dwellers will be tough. I , for one , will not be sending any condolences if and when they succumb.

Stabbed by Foulke.

+1000; also, FWIW, SI today claims they have a 1.8% chance; beyond bleak

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

I'd say you're right about 2014.

There's no way he allows this year to be his last.

He wont want to go out on a pair of crutches, any more than Rivera did.

Unless he can't move well, which is quite possible

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

Once again, patently false, if not in a pro-spective way; I doubt Jeter plays past 2014; he may even quit this winter pending how his ump-teenthrehab progresses on that shattered ankle.

[/QUOTE]

maybe.  it's what i believe will happen.  we shall see.  i think he does it because of his jealousy for arod and his contract.  "true" yankees deserve it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Once again, patently false, if not in a pro-spective way; I doubt Jeter plays past 2014; he may even quit this winter pending how his ump-teenthrehab progresses on that shattered ankle.

maybe.  it's what i believe will happen.  we shall see.  i think he does it because of his jealousy for arod and his contract.  "true" yankees deserve it.

Ridiculous; he wouldn't demand a contract like that since his best days are way behind him, and everyone knows it; and that's if he plays at all; just an excuse for you to propagandize for a change.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

In response to soxmeister's comment:

Which is exactly why we dont need to lose to them. Take at least four of these last six from them. I want to see the Sox eliminate them next weekend on their own home turf. Final payback for 2011, except instead of going to play golf the next day like they did, we'll be preparing for the Divisional Round.

I want to see the O' gone more than I can say.  They seem to find a way to win against the sox, look at last night's game.  I'm sick if hearing them crow about the last two years.

The yanks depleted farm system is a major issue for them and as a sox fan I'm thrilled!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

+1000; also, FWIW, SI today claims they have a 1.8% chance; beyond bleak

[/QUOTE]

I had around a 1% chance of getting into MIT and I did.  So I guess the Yankees do have a chance.   Laughing

Crazier things have happened before.  Last year, the A's overcame a five-game deficit with only nine games to go to win the AL West.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

I had around a 1% chance of getting into MIT and I did.  So I guess the Yankees do have a chance.   Laughing

Yeah, but how long did it take for MIT to catch up to you and throw you out? Wink

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Yeah, but how long did it take for MIT to catch up to you and throw you out? Wink

Hypothetically every electron that is the coffee in my cup could simultaneously jump in the same direction at once; destroying the illusion that my coffee is in a simple stable liquid state and splash me in the face.

This is theoretically possible, but effectively impossible. 

Theoretically the Yankees are still going to the playoffs.....but we all know that isn't happening. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

A slight exaggeration; they have a surplus of relievers and young catchers. Also Cano, if he stays, would likely agree to a back loaded contract. Granderson, not so much. Also, you may want to recheck players coming off the payroll. Otherwise, it looks like a long season in 2014.

And relievers?  Where are they?  There best pitching prospects were Joba Hughes and Kennedy and look at where they are now compared to Lester and Buck?  Until it happens with their pitching, it does not exist.

C- Stewart, Cervelli, Romine, Sanchez, Murphy - admittedly a weak bunch, but they don't need any

Robertson is a rookie?  Logan is a rookie?  Kelley Claiborne Warren and Phelps are good?

Cervelli is a rookie?  Nope, just another cheater.   But who cares really - that's a really sad lot.

I don't know how many games they will lose but I do know next year will be worse for them.

What does the rookie status have to do with your previous inane remarks regarding their relievers? Way to deflect, and the pitchers listed are all decent, with Kelley being lights out in May-Aug, not to mention Robertson & Logan.

Uh, because we were talking about the barren farm system (your term, not mine) and then you listed a bunch of relievers (eg Robertson, Logan) who are not prospects or even rookies.  By the way, why don't you ask the Red Sox hitters what they think of the yankee bull pen?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Uh, because we were talking about the barren farm system (your term, not mine) and then you listed a bunch of relievers (eg Robertson, Logan) who are not prospects or even rookies.  By the way, why don't you ask the Red Sox hitters what they think of the yankee bull pen?

Noooooooo, from what I saw you confused the farm system with the salary cap issue and your observation that they needed relievers next yr. 

As far as the NYY bullpen goes, it was the best in MLB, and kept the NYY in the race, especially when they had that depleted lineup, until it fell into tatters from overuse in Sept. I believe you know this, or at least the Sept part.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Nope, first there is no Salary Cap in baseball.

It was about how they have many needs to fill with only $30 million.  If they had a farm system at all many of those roles could be fill inexpensively from within.  They do not have a farm system because if they did, those guys would be here performing and they are not.   They need a catcher and have no one waiting in the wings.  They need a 3B and have no one.  They need a catcher and have no one.  They need 2 starters and have no one.  They need a left handed specialst and have no one.  They need a power hitter and have no one.  They need a SS and have no one.  Again, the barren farm are your words and I concur.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Ibanex did not want to stay with team; Perennial playoff choker Swisher wanted a big contract, and they were fed up with his PS flops; Martin was the biggest goof. While I don't like Cashman (let's not forget the barren farm), he does have his hands tied by his anal superiors.

Believe me.  I will NOT forget the barren farm system.  If they had any farm system at all you'd see those kids up here now and doing well.  The mess is going to last for at leat 2 seasons.  Especially next year........

Agreed

That's what some fans thought about the Red Sox.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

It was about how they have many needs to fill with only $30 million.  If they had a farm system at all many of those roles could be fill inexpensively from within.  They do not have a farm system because if they did, those guys would be here performing and they are not.   They need a catcher and have no one waiting in the wings.  They need a 3B and have no one.  They need a catcher and have no one.  They need 2 starters and have no one.  They need a left handed specialst and have no one.  They need a power hitter and have no one.  They need a SS and have no one.  Again, the barren farm are your words and I concur.

Errr ... Semantics. And you look pretty ridiculous claiming they need a lefty reliever when they have Boone Logan. As far as the other roster issues go, some I agree with, some I don't.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Live by the sword, die by the sword

((  landing CC SabathiaA.J. Burnett, andMark Teixeira. All three were Type-A free agents, and therefore cost the Yankees their first three picks. Teixeira was the last of them to sign, and even then it came as something of a surprise. Media reports had Boston as the favorites, and there was little, if any, word that the Yankees were making a last-minute run. The Angels would be in a distinctly different position now if Boston had gotten its way.

As everyone knows by now, the Angels have called up Mike Trout, the consensus No. 2 prospect in baseball. They did so with the 25th pick of the 2009 draft, which was originally property of the Yankees.   ))

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Gary Sanchez 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

The 2013 Yankees are still relevent because the Rays and Rangers both have played poor baseball in the month of September. Given all of the injuries to their club it is a testament to their franchise that they haven't already folded the tent and gone fishing. 

Those that want to prematurely bury them before one significant move has been made for the 2014 season should do so with caution. Jeter and Arod are both suspect given their health and the looming suspension. If they were to sign Ellsbury & Cano with a healthy Texiera coming back the top of their lineup would still be among the best...Add to that a couple of the top starters and there right back in the mix...