NYY get Ells, but....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: NYY get Ells, but....

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kuroda is an animal. He's my #1 in NY for at least 3 more years!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he was a real beast in Aug and Sept.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

THe Yankee have what, 7 players making $17mill or more and only one of them is a pitcher?

Ellsbury, Wells, Soriano, Teixeira, Sabathia, McCann, and A-Rod. 

And please don't bring up A-Rod's suspension.  It's for 2014 if he gets the max; he is signed through 2017.

Did I forget anyone? 

[/QUOTE]

No, but then they have Jeter at $12M & Susuki at $6.5M: not exactly grand bargains either!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey zac...

NO, I dont believe CC had a NTC. That was Beckett

You mentioned waiting to see what happens with ARod and Cano first, which is what I was referring to, Not Tanaka. Waiting to see what happens with ARod and Cano shouldnt matter when they need pitching is what I was saying.

I hope U saw my edit where I said

that's exactly why I said I was disapointed, it was a compliment,

I'm never disapointed in a KST post

looked it up craw had a partial no trade

I'm thinking knowing what happens with cano & arod

has something to do with which FA SP you can bring in

once again this is this really  an issue until the of the top SPs sign elsewhere

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I guess I didnt see the edit. Either way at least we understand eachother now.

The posting fee dilemma has to be figured out. MLB wants a 20M cap on the PF, but Japan says no. Obviously they want a higher amount to take their talent away. Point being, if the posting fee is only like 30-40M, there will be a lot of teams who can easily afford that AND pay Tanaka. It will come down to where he wants to go. NYY are probably high on his list, if not 1st though.

Its certainly going to be interesting going forward to see what moves are made.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Cubs are paying 13 million of Soriano's salary. Even Theo knew it was time to move on. You guys are right, Yanks have very little Pitching. Number 1 ingredient to win Championships. Nothing in their Farm either.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

Young Mr Hal Steinbrenner had the wool pulled over his eyes. He hates spending his inheritance. He wanted Yanquis to get that payroll in line. Now his team will give the Rays a portion of  the so called "spending tax" and they will use it wisely. No blame from here about Boras. This guy pulled one of the greatest cons in MLB history.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

By the way Theo got 2 Good Pitching Prospects from the Yanks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to boboinfla's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Young Mr Hal Steinbrenner had the wool pulled over his eyes. He hates spending his inheritance. He wanted Yanquis to get that payroll in line. Now his team will give the Rays a portion of  the so called "spending tax" and they will use it wisely. No blame from here about Boras. This guy pulled one of the greatest cons in MLB history.

[/QUOTE]
    This is one of the things that bothers me about this.  The Yankees will be the favorites to win the AL East and we will be fighting for a WC spot against the Rays who are being funded by the Yankees.  This is such a screwed up system. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Yankees win headlines.......but was this a smart move?.......JE not worth that much ...know matter how fast he is.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yankees win headlines.......but was this a smart move?.......JE not worth that much ...know matter how fast he is.

[/QUOTE]
    In a vacuum this wasn't a smart move, but baseball isn't a vacuum. 

It's a dumb move if the Yankees think Ellsbury is going to give them $20+M worth of production for seven years.  It's a smart move if the Yankees believed that the Sox would re-sign Ellsbury, because it gets removes Ellsbury from one of their main competition. 

For the Yankees it's addition by subtraction. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    This is one of the things that bothers me about this.  The Yankees will be the favorites to win the AL East and we will be fighting for a WC spot against the Rays who are being funded by the Yankees.  This is such a screwed up system. 

[/QUOTE]

Depends on Pitching and depth S5. Im sure the NYY will get pitching, but the question will be the quality of it and whos closing for them. If they dont sign Cano, even with the addition of Ells, their production just took a hit.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The yankees are going to get more pitching - watch.  It will start with the Japanese guy and then they will probably sign two more.

Lots of folks are saying "when will Yanks learn..." type of stuff.

They did learn.  Look at their last championship.  They went out and spent like crazt and won the WS.  

The idea that we are going to see financial ruin for the yankees is silly.  They have no spending limit.  None.  So when they take the Red Sox CF who bats lead off and is one of the top CF in baseball, there is NO UPSIDE for Red Sox.

Please don't convince yourself that the Yankees can't afford pitching.

And they will resign Cano if they can't get Phillips to play 2B

[/QUOTE] it will be interesting to see what happens in Cincy as the Phillips trade whispers are growing louder...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Depends on Pitching and depth S5. Im sure the NYY will get pitching, but the question will be the quality of it and whos closing for them. If they dont sign Cano, even with the addition of Ells, their production just took a hit.

[/QUOTE]
    Agreed. But your premise is that they don't sign Cano.  Even if they don't sign Cano their offense took a small hit while ours took a big one and if they DO sign him (and I think they're going to).... 

We got spoiled watching Ellsbury, believing that leadoff hitters like him are everywhere.  They're not.  JBJ can replace Ells defensively, but we now need a leadoff hitter and I don't see Mickey Rivers walking through that door.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Kuroda is an animal. He's my #1 in NY for at least 3 more years!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he was a real beast in Aug and Sept.

[/QUOTE]

I am only going on what your boyfriend redsoxprospects keeps going on and on and on about.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Whats their rotation look like?

CC - aging and coming off a bad year

Nova - inconsistent

Pineda - always hurt

Phelps - who?

Warren - who?

no closer - no more Mo

Sorry guys, but unless they get a couple solid starters and a true closer its all for nothing. they might have a better lineup with Ells, but their rotation and bullpen are very questionable. Im sure they arent done yet, but will need much better pitching than what they currently have.

pitching wins championships as we saw this year and in years past.

They can have Ellsbury for 22M per.

[/QUOTE]

I just answered you / this in the other thread

got to say I'm surprised / disapointed this is  coming form you 777

do you really think the yanks  don't know they need pitching

Bcash is all ready on record as saying he's looking for 2 200 inning guys

yanks have a lot of holes to fill but as far as starters go

I  think the yanks and other GM's as well as the big FA arms

are all waiting for the tanaka biding to get done

also still waiting on kuroda and then if they fail there they go with a garza or a jimenez

yanks also need to wait for arod and cano news B4 they can address the BP and other holes

[/QUOTE]

GM Zac,

Unlike last winter the Yanks got the memo this off season.

A Sox championship will do it every time.

Strong up the middle is a great start for any team.

Knowing the Yankees they will secure a competitive starting staff.

Many here forget that with all the Yanks problems last season they were in the mix until late.

People don't realize it but a strong Yankee team is good for Boston.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to OneManBanned's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Nova - inconsistent

Pineda - always hurt

Phelps - who?

Warren - who?

no closer - no more Mo

Sorry guys, but unless they get a couple solid starters and a true closer its all for nothing. they might have a better lineup with Ells, but their rotation and bullpen are very questionable. Im sure they arent done yet, but will need much better pitching than what they currently have.

[/QUOTE]

Pineda is "always hurt"?

[/QUOTE]

since he was traded to NY, yes, hes been hurt.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Cashman is terrible - this is all he knows how to do

IF they want to stay under 189 and if ARod wins his case, they have 15 mil more to spend and they need 2 starters ,a 2b and a reliever......such a mess...........

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Nova - inconsistent

Pineda - always hurt

Phelps - who?

Warren - who?

no closer - no more Mo

[/QUOTE]

also still waiting on kuroda and then if they fail there they go with a garza or a jimenez

yanks also need to wait for arod and cano news B4 they can address the BP and other holes

[/QUOTE]

GM Zac,

Many here forget that with all the Yanks problems last season they were in the mix until late.

[/QUOTE]

I look forward to a stronger NYY team. The rivalry this year was awful for the most part. Its going to be more competetive and filled with a nice storyline now with Ells wearing the pinstripes. It makes for better baseball.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to OneManBanned's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Nova - inconsistent

Pineda - always hurt

Phelps - who?

Warren - who?

no closer - no more Mo

[/QUOTE]

Pineda is "always hurt"?

[/QUOTE]

since he was traded to NY, yes, hes been hurt.

[/QUOTE]

1manbanned is slow.

Take it easy on him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

"it makes for better baseball"  southpaw

It does? So a team that walks on us 90% of the time is the team you want to see improved? I prefer they finish last.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] not that it won't/couldn't happen, but being tabbed an also ran by the talkies sure didn't hurt the Sox much last season Tongue Out

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Nova - inconsistent

Pineda - always hurt

Phelps - who?

Warren - who?

no closer - no more Mo

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

GM Zac,

[/QUOTE]

I look forward to a stronger NYY team. The rivalry this year was awful for the most part. Its going to be more competetive and filled with a nice storyline now with Ells wearing the pinstripes. It makes for better baseball.

[/QUOTE]

Glad but not surprised you see it that way.

The question remaining for Ben is does he go with prospects or proven players.

I favor a mix as long as it doesn't keep farm talent blocked. Which is way I like the AJ signing and not at all disappointed that Salty is leaving.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

"it makes for better baseball"  southpaw

It does? So a team that walks on us 90% of the time is the team you want to see improved? I prefer they finish last.

[/QUOTE]

90%? I think your numbers are off a bit. Last I checked, the Sox have won 3 WSC the last decade.

And yes, I like competetive baseball. I dont like things handed over, Id rather earn it. So thats what I like to see when I watch my team play. So like I said...It makes for better baseball

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Nova - inconsistent

Pineda - always hurt

Phelps - who?

Warren - who?

no closer - no more Mo

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

GM Zac,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Glad but not surprised you see it that way.

The question remaining for Ben is does he go with prospects or proven players.

I favor a mix as long as it doesn't keep farm talent blocked. Which is way I like the AJ signing and not at all disappointed that Salty is leaving.

[/QUOTE]

I like that approach too, which is why I think we see a trade for a CF'er. I dont think they want to hand the keys over to JBJ just yet. I liked Salty, but he just didnt fit into the future plans. Vasquez is a solid catcher already and his offense vastly improved last year. Im happy to see they arent going to block him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The yankees are going to get more pitching - watch.  It will start with the Japanese guy and then they will probably sign two more.

Lots of folks are saying "when will Yanks learn..." type of stuff.

They did learn.  Look at their last championship.  They went out and spent like crazt and won the WS.  

The idea that we are going to see financial ruin for the yankees is silly.  They have no spending limit.  None.  So when they take the Red Sox CF who bats lead off and is one of the top CF in baseball, there is NO UPSIDE for Red Sox.

Please don't convince yourself that the Yankees can't afford pitching.

And they will resign Cano if they can't get Phillips to play 2B

[/QUOTE] it will be interesting to see what happens in Cincy as the Phillips trade whispers are growing louder...

[/QUOTE]

Who do they have to trade for him? From what I hear, Cinci isnt trading him, but then again....