O Mother of God! Cano !!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: O Mother of God! Cano !!!!

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

[QUOTE]

I was just blindly speculating, and this is what I get. They could get 2 lousy players at this point for the savings for all I care, since they appear headed for a long dry spell, as my Kiner reference and Cashman bashing can attest to.

Regardless, their Systematic Problem resulted in 2 playoff misses in 19 yrs, let alone 5 rings. 7 pennants, most wins, and nearly annual division championships. That's why I was LMAO when you talked about recent RS DOMINATION.

1-They would do better signing Drew ($33M/3) and McCann ($52M/4) than pay that type of money to Cano.  You probably get more production WAR/$, but more importantly, Drew and McCann would be somewhat productive until the end of their contract.  Past 4 years of McCann, you have -0- obligation.  After 4 years of Cano, you have 4 years of albatross.

2-None of the NYY success can be attributed to Cashman.  He inherited Gene Michaels' hard work.  The first 4 WS were 100% Gene Michaels.  Cashman's one ring was a combination of the guys that Michaels left him, plus Cano, plus writing checks totaling $62.5M per year to three players.

Agreed. I'm not a huge fan of Drew, however. Better they should wait a yr and try to get Hardy.

[/QUOTE]

perfect - yeah do that.  get Hardy for $50 million and give up a top draft pick.  did you call Cashman yet and tell him to do that???

[/QUOTE]

I was just hoping my team can DOMINATE like ur RS.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Not completely; if they don't sign him, they could get 3 good, but not great players instead. And they have alot of holes; more than I've seen since the late 80s. 

Also, Cano is not Babe Ruth.

Yeah well, when Cashman is able to identify 3 guys he could get next year on the FA market for 27.5 total let me know.  Finding undervalued mid-grade talent is not uh, his strong suit to say the least.......he's no Ben Cherington but nice try....

Also, you are most likely identifying 3 guys who will cost you draft picks.  That's not exactly a way to rebuild your farm now is it?  Cashman's way of doing business is over unless they are content being a 500 team...

You have a SYSTEMATIC PROBLEM.  You can address personnel add you want but you do not have a PERSONNEL PROBLEM.

SYSTEMATIC PROBLEMS CALL FOR SYSTEMATIC SOLUTIONS.

Until you transform your system, the yankees will be done by Sept 30 for a long time to come.

I was just blindly speculating, and this is what I get. They could get 2 lousy players at this point for the savings for all I care, since they appear headed for a long dry spell, as my Kiner reference and Cashman bashing can attest to.

Regardless, their Systematic Problem resulted in 2 playoff misses in 19 yrs, let alone 5 rings. 7 pennants, most wins, and nearly annual division championships. That's why I was LMAO when you talked about recent RS DOMINATION.

However, I blame myself; for trying to have a reasonable conversation with you.

Yeah well, GM used to be the King of the Car World too.  You don't adapt.  You die.

And yes, there has been a more recent RS dominationBut if you'd rather be the yankees over the past 10 years then so be it......

Delusional; they lead in Rings, 2 to 1; so, while not domineering,  ( and while this yr they are the best team in MLB), I'll give you that; this ties them with I believe StL and SFG; a tie doesn't sound like Domination to me; otherwise, regarding Wins, playoff appearances, ( BTW, when was the last RS playoff game win? 5 YEARSago? When was the last time the NYY lost 93 games? How about that record in Sep 2011 with a team that was supposed to clean up? What DOMINATION !!!!!!), and so on, I suggest you check the numbers; it's not even close. 

It's been far better to be a Sox fan over the last 10 years than a yankee fan

Especially taking into account the bona fide cheaters (AP/AR) and how the ten year period is coming to a crashing end.  Sox outlook is great and yankees outlook is dismissal at best.  You can have 2009 as long as you can overlook that it was a bought team that also included the above mentioned 2 bona fide cheaters......I'll take 2004 and the greatest comeback in the history of sport at the expense of the once great empire, 2007, and a chance to do it all once again in 2013............

[/QUOTE]

Suuuurrre .. THAT team DIDN'T have any cheaters ... 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Regardless, their Systematic Problem resulted in 2 playoff misses in 19 yrs, let alone 5 rings. 7 pennants, most wins, and nearly annual division championships. That's why I was LMAO when you talked about recent RS DOMINATION.

1-They would do better signing Drew ($33M/3) and McCann ($52M/4) than pay that type of money to Cano.  You probably get more production WAR/$, but more importantly, Drew and McCann would be somewhat productive until the end of their contract.  Past 4 years of McCann, you have -0- obligation.  After 4 years of Cano, you have 4 years of albatross.

2-None of the NYY success can be attributed to Cashman.  He inherited Gene Michaels' hard work.  The first 4 WS were 100% Gene Michaels.  Cashman's one ring was a combination of the guys that Michaels left him, plus Cano, plus writing checks totaling $62.5M per year to three players.

Agreed. I'm not a huge fan of Drew, however. Better they should wait a yr and try to get Hardy.

[/QUOTE]

perfect - yeah do that.  get Hardy for $50 million and give up a top draft pick.  did you call Cashman yet and tell him to do that???

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

First thing you have to do is transform you system.  And be a little patient too.  I know that's not the NY way but trust me, it's best to laugh last.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

First thing you have to do is transform you system.  And be a little patient too.  I know that's not the NY way but trust me, it's best to laugh last.....

Why, is the world blowing up soon? And Laughing ? Why not just enjoy YOUR team's accomplishments?

You must have quite a chip on your shoulders over the last 30 or so yrs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Why, is the world blowing up soon? And Laughing ? Why not just enjoy YOUR team's accomplishments?

I used to... Not anymore!  I just don't like cheaters and felons.........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I used to... Not anymore!  I just don't like cheaters and felons.........

But I thought you LIKED your team. And I don't recall any felons on the RS.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Yanks are in a tough spot. But do believe they will resign Cano and it won't be 200m+. Just find most teams don't want to get involved w/ Yankee players, even RS hate getting into bidding vs. Yanks. Only team Crazy enough might be Dodgers? But see Cano back w/ Yanks at 6yrs 25-27 mil per. But does Cano want to come back looking at state of Yankee roster might be the better ?, no Mo, Pettite, Granderson. Hughes, Joba gone deservedly. Jeter gone after next yr? can he even play SS next yr? No game changers in FA, no big prospects to bring up. IMO Cashman is gone after next year when Yanks fail to make playoffs for 2nd yr in a row. I've said it before Mets might be in better position moving forward. No George to do something crazy to help what might be a sinking ship. Yanks will stay competitive because they will continue to spend 200 + mil on payroll but not sure they can come up w/ another Jeter/Mo/Bernie/Posada/Pettite type talent that pushes them over the top.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Major League Baseball is looking into comments made last week by Magic Johnson, who is part of the Los Angeles Dodgers' ownership group, about New York Yankees second baseman Robinson Cano, sources say.

Johnson indicated to reporters Thursday that the Dodgers will not pursue Cano.

"Though I can't talk about it, that other guy in New York is going to get paid," Johnson said. "Not by us, but he's going to get paid."

Cano will not formally file for free agency until after the World Series, and until that happens, officials with teams other than the Yankees are not allowed to speak about him publicly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

Major League Baseball is looking into comments made last week by Magic Johnson, who is part of the Los Angeles Dodgers' ownership group, about New York Yankees second baseman Robinson Cano, sources say.

Johnson indicated to reporters Thursday that the Dodgers will not pursue Cano.

"Though I can't talk about it, that other guy in New York is going to get paid," Johnson said. "Not by us, but he's going to get paid."

Cano will not formally file for free agency until after the World Series, and until that happens, officials with teams other than the Yankees are not allowed to speak about him publicly.

jeez..how can tamper with a guy you don't want?? Tongue Out

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

That's tampering

Best part of this is that no matter what happens, the yankees can NOT win!!!!!!  God I love Brian Cashman!!!!!!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to garyhow's comment:

Yanks are in a tough spot. But do believe they will resign Cano and it won't be 200m+. Just find most teams don't want to get involved w/ Yankee players, even RS hate getting into bidding vs. Yanks. Only team Crazy enough might be Dodgers? But see Cano back w/ Yanks at 6yrs 25-27 mil per. But does Cano want to come back looking at state of Yankee roster might be the better ?, no Mo, Pettite, Granderson. Hughes, Joba gone deservedly. Jeter gone after next yr? can he even play SS next yr? No game changers in FA, no big prospects to bring up. IMO Cashman is gone after next year when Yanks fail to make playoffs for 2nd yr in a row. I've said it before Mets might be in better position moving forward. No George to do something crazy to help what might be a sinking ship. Yanks will stay competitive because they will continue to spend 200 + mil on payroll but not sure they can come up w/ another Jeter/Mo/Bernie/Posada/Pettite type talent that pushes them over the top.

Regardless of whats coming out of the Dodger camp these days I fully expect them to be a player for Cano. The team to watch in all of this is Texas. In the NL I'd keep an eye on Washington and the Braves. Simply stated it will all come down to how badly Cano wants to finish his career in NY and how much the Yanks front office is willing to pay one player with so many holes to fill.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

Regardless of whats coming out of the Dodger camp these days I fully expect them to be a player for Cano. The team to watch in all of this is Texas. In the NL I'd keep an eye on Washington and the Braves. Simply stated it will all come down to how badly Cano wants to finish his career in NY and how much the Yanks front office is willing to pay one player with so many holes to fill.

GM HH

with harvey down not so much

but I still think about what a coo for the mets it could be

personally because of the coupons (189) I'm on the fence

on whether they should sign him

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

GM HH

Hi Zac,

If I were a yankee fan I would also be on the fence.

Sometimes it's better to have a lot of good hungry players than one superstar.

That said I find it hard to understand how a team with it's mass resources is worried about it's payroll luxury tax.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

GM HH

Hi Zac,

If I were a yankee fan I would also be on the fence.

Sometimes it's better to have a lot of good hungry players than one superstar.

That said I find it hard to understand how a team with it's mass resources is worried about it's payroll luxury tax.

[/QUOTE]

that's what happens after the kids inherit money.....they want to get every last penny and split it up.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

that's what happens after the kids inherit money.....they want to get every last penny and split it up.....

someone should mention to the coward

that's those are the same kids who

resigned arod and bought the pennant  CC teix and aj in 09

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

someone should mention to the coward

that's those are the same kids who

resigned arod and bought the pennant  CC teix and aj in 09

The problem with doing that Zac is it would render his argument useless.