Obama and Cherry Need to Fired!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Obama and Cherry Need to Fired!

Cherington returned the Sox to fiscal path of restraint. He removed 276 million from the books, and was given a couple of good arms to boot. He has set the Sox up to only have 38 million committed next year. He found low cost piece like Padilla and Ross that contributed a lot for very little. He even got Pedro Beato for > 2 month of Kelly Shoppach. The one thing he did not get his way with was Valentine, and look how that has turned out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Obama needs to go.  But Cherington can stay. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Me softlaw.  Me write about baseball and politics at same time.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I met Bill's Dad yesterday at a Sarah Palin book signing, and he told me, "SON, BEN C INHERITED A MESS OF A ROSTER THAT WAS 'LEGITIMATELY RAPED' BY THEO. BUT IT LOOKS LIKE THE RED SOX HAVE RECEIVED SOME MAJOR 'WEALTH REDISTRIBUTION' COURTESY OF THE LA DODGERS. 'HOPE AND CHANGE' IS ON THE WAY TO BOSTON IN 2014: THE BECKETT AND CRAWFORD CONTRACTS ARE DEAD AND THE KILLER B'S ARE ALIVE! BEN DESERVES AT LEAST '4 MORE YEARS,' BUT IF HE HASN'T TURNED THIS AROUND BY THEN, THIS IS A ONE-TERM PROPOSITION!"

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Hope and change is what I want from this forum.

Hope that people stop posting nonsense.

Change the TITLE OF THIS forum to Red Sox front burner, back burner, side burner and just about anything else you want to discuss. Because , essentially that is what it is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Obama leads whazzizzname by 10 points here in Florida. I guess people are a little brighter here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

OP - you sir, are a Richard.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I am trying to remember under which administration/senate majority Glass Spiegel was overturned.  Also trying to recall which administration it was that turned a giant federal surplus into massive debt.  Hmmm.  Can't remember.  Oh well, must be Obama's fault.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes, Cherry "didn't get his way" on anything while he was in the incompetent GM's office of InEpstein.

Here's an idea, turn everything over to Joe "plagiarist plugs" Biden, to "fix" the unemployment and record deficits and record debt levels that have run up half the National debt, in four years of Osama incompetent Obama, in the entire history of the Republic.

[/QUOTE]

Whenever somebody complains about unemployment and debt with the same breath, I know that person is not to be taken seriously.  If you want to take a sledge-hammer to federal spending, you will be firing a lot of people, and therefore are creating new job-seekers and inflating the unemployment numbers..  If you want to do something about unemployment, you can cut taxes or increase federal spending, both of which are going to add to the debt.  

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The chart also shows, the stimulus effort will end this fiscal year, but the deficit will remain—and far and away the bulk of it will be due to Bush’s tax cuts and war funding. The loss of revenues due to the economic downturn is the third major cause.

Source: CBPP analysis based on Congressional Budget Office estimates.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

The chart also shows, the stimulus effort will end this fiscal year, but the deficit will remain—and far and away the bulk of it will be due to Bush’s tax cuts and war funding. The loss of revenues due to the economic downturn is the third major cause.

Facts and evidence, .. like logic will get you nowhere in this argument  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Going off the Gold Standard, telling everyone that credit cards were a status symbol, and offering houses to people that could not afford them: that my friends is where the "downturn" started. The last ten years are just nails in a coffin built back in the 1970's.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

You see what happens when the Sox have a crappy season?  The political whackos come out.

Come on Sox, a Nation turns its lonely eyes to you.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Silly OP thinking a President can be fired as easily as a GM--and ignoring the electoral process.  But I guess some lawyers pride themselves on ignoring the Constitution. 

Cherington inherited a mess and with the help of upper management is setting about fixing it--hence the salary dump to LA, which is only a first step.  The next ones are tricky.

And the President inherited a much bigger mess--not just the biggest financial disaster since 1929, but a war on two fronts that made no sense at the time and makes less now.  The Republicans want to blame everything on this Administration and to promise instant fixes--get rid of Medicare and other unnecessary government expenses, reduce the deficit, reduce taxes, and expand the economy to create jobs.  Good luck with that. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i do give softy credit.  he has yet to mistakenly bold and talk about what his dad used to tell him when posting as trotter.

25. This post has been removed.