Re: OFF Topic - Dennis Rodman, Diplomat
posted at 1/9/2014 1:14 AM EST
In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
My plan for North Korea, and the peninsula as a whole...
- withdraw all of our troops short of maintaining a naval/air base deep in the South
- tell South Korea "defend yourselves"
- allow full trade with North Korea, full diplomatic relations
- Sign an armistice
- tell the North Koreans "mess with us and we will annihilate you"
- give McDonalds priority to establishing business in Pyongyang
- bar Rodman from returning to the US, terminate his citizenship
- tell Japan (short of maintaining one air/naval facility) "defend yourselves"
- Cut a deal with Vietnam to re-establish an air/sea base at Cam Ranh Bay
- leave China with one question in regards to their exuberant claims to all of the South China Sea "don't u have enough already?"
I'll really have to think about this one.
One question that immediately jumps at me are the ultimatums presented. Under the current administration, our ultimatums are meaningless. Example, how many lines in the sand did we draw for Syria? Unfortunately, our foreign policy in reality doesn't exist.