Offensive Juggernaught

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Offensive Juggernaught

The slow start with the bats seems like ancient history now.

The Red Sox are  now:
    Runs: 2nd with 243 (Yankees 250)
    Doubles: 2nd with 101 (Royals 102)
    Home Runs: 2nd tied with 53 (Yankees 75)
    BA: 1st with .270 (Indians .262)
    SLG: 2nd with .430 (Yankees .449)
    OPS: 2nd .774 (Yankees .785)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Re: Offensive Juggernaught

The best part is that the Red Sox have the best offense in the AL because there are some players yet to even break out (i.e. Crawford who's starting to and Pedroia)

I think these last few days are what we can expect to see when Crawford gets going and everyone else is in sync...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Scoring 28 runs in 2 games is great.  Personally I'm just as impressed by only giving up 3 runs in those games.

I think we found the right place for Mr. Crawford.  8 for 9 in the #6 slot so far.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffh102082. Show jeffh102082's posts

In Response to Re: Offensive Juggernaught:
    [QUOTE]Scoring 28 runs in 2 games is great.  Personally I'm just as impressed by only giving up 3 runs in those games. I think we found the right place for Mr. Crawford.  8 for 9 in the #6 slot so far.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

I believed in them, I knew we would get it going and now we just gotta ride the wave

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

There will be some more down streaks before the year is over, but this team has a great offense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

AS DAD WOULD SAY,    "SON, I TOLD YOU SO" !!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Most of the serious and knowledgeable Baseball fans knew this team was too talented to not perform like they are now..the scary thing is, not all of them are hitting the way they have in the past and are capable of...HFX; I too am very impressed with the pitching which has been slightly overshadowed by the offensive explosion..only 3 runs, and Aceves pitching one of those games...do we have our #5?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

[QUOTE]The best part is that the Red Sox have the best offense in the AL because there are some players yet to even break out (i.e. Crawford who's starting to and Pedroia) I think these last few days are what we can expect to see when Crawford gets going and everyone else is in sync...
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

I'm extremely impressed, but they are by no means the only team whose offense is not quite running on all cylinders yet. It's also fair to say, it's very rare to have all 8 or 9 batters in synch. Someone is always slumping.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lvanDrago. Show lvanDrago's posts

We knew the offense would be good, and if we can get even league average performance out of the 4 & 5 spot in the rotation this team should win the division by a handful of games.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

It's great to see the bats come alive like the last couple of days. Hopefully this means that Crawford is out of his funk.

As already mentioned, Aceves has come up big in his last couple of starts. He looks like a good number five or maybe four, depending on how Lackey looks when he comes back.

Wakefield came up big his last start, let's see what he gives us today.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The---Babe-1. Show --The---Babe-1's posts

[QUOTE]The best part is that the Red Sox have the best offense in the AL because there are some players yet to even break out (i.e. Crawford who's starting to and Pedroia) I think these last few days are what we can expect to see when Crawford gets going and everyone else is in sync...

Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

If they had the best offense in the AL wouldn't they have the most runs scored?

Especially since they have played 2 more games than the team that actually does have the best offense in the AL.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Offensive Juggernaught : If they had the best offense in the AL wouldn't they have the most runs scored? Especially since they have played 2 more games than the team that actually does have the best offense in the AL.
    Posted by --The---Babe-1[/QUOTE]

Sour grapes, huh? How've the Yanks done against the Sox?  Because that's a much more true comparison of these offenses than what they do against other teams.  You get to watch another 13 games of the Sox owning your team this year.  Get used to it for this season.  The Yanks might have the best offense in the game, but not against the Sox' pitching.  Maybe you haven't been watching.
    Sox have also had a rain out.  That actually benefits the Yanks. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from the--yazzer. Show the--yazzer's posts

the yank-ems are very OFFENSIVE, but, then, so are you, babe.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The---Babe-1. Show --The---Babe-1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Offensive Juggernaught : Sour grapes, huh? How've the Yanks done against the Sox?  Because that's a much more true comparison of these offenses than what they do against other teams.  You get to watch another 13 games of the Sox owning your team this year.  Get used to it for this season.  The Yanks might have the best offense in the game, but not against the Sox' pitching.  Maybe you haven't been watching. Sox have also had a rain out.  That actually benefits the Yanks. 

Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

Sour grapes about what? Being in first place and having the best offense?

It's only been 6 games between the two. Remember that you guys won the first 8 in '09? How'd that work out?

And maybe you haven't been watching, but the Yanks have had 3 rainouts, but I don't know exactly what that has to do with this conversation.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

[QUOTE]the yank-ems are very OFFENSIVE, but, then, so are you, babe.
    Posted by the--yazzer[/QUOTE]

Congratulations, yazzer.  That's your first (and only) good post with your current name.  Probably your only good post in all your incarnations.  You should quit while you're ahead. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Offensive Juggernaught : Congratulations, yazzer.  That's your first (and only) good post with your current name.  Probably your only good post in all your incarnations.  You should quit while you're ahead. 
    Posted by losmediasrojas[/QUOTE]

Ill second that...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

If they had the best offense in the AL wouldn't they have the most runs scored?

theres probably a little more to it than that(runs scored), but i would think being in the top 3 in runs scored would be a prerequisite..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The---Babe-1. Show --The---Babe-1's posts

[QUOTE]If they had the best offense in the AL wouldn't they have the most runs scored? theres probably a little more to it than that(runs scored), but i would think being in the top 3 in runs scored would be a prerequisite..

Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

Last I checked the goal of the offense is to score runs, maybe I'm missing something.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

im agreeing with you..maybe your missing something...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The---Babe-1. Show --The---Babe-1's posts

[QUOTE]im agreeing with you..maybe your missing something...

How do you measure the offense, by how many runs the pitchers allow?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Im just saying there is more than one way to judge the best offense..YES, runs scored is one way. so, Im agreeing with you..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSNS14. Show RSNS14's posts

[QUOTE]Im just saying there is more than one way to judge the best offense..YES, runs scored is one way. so, Im agreeing with you..

Sorry southpaw, but you're on the wrong side of this argument. The most important stat in measuring how good a teams offense is is runs scored. That's it. Period. The Yankees have been very good hitting homeruns when playing at Yankee stadium.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The---Babe-1. Show --The---Babe-1's posts

[QUOTE]Im just saying there is more than one way to judge the best offense..YES, runs scored is one way. so, Im agreeing with you..

One way? What's the other, stolen bases? Unearned runs?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Offensive Juggernaught : Sorry southpaw, but you're on the wrong side of this argument. The most important stat in measuring how good a teams offense is is runs scored. That's it. Period. The Yankees have been very good hitting homeruns when playing at Yankee stadium.
    Posted by RSNS14[/QUOTE]

OK one more time..Im agreeing with him..YES runs scored is the most important stat..But its not the only one..team OBP or OPS is in there somewhere i imagine when defining the best offense...that is all im saying..easy guys...Im not saying your wrong...I think runs scored is not the ONLY way to judge an offense. Its the best, not the only thing though..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The---Babe-1. Show --The---Babe-1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Offensive Juggernaught : Hey Babe you might want to check the rear view mirror and remember the objects are closer than they appear... In terms of who has the better offense we might want to wait until the end of year to arrive at a conclusion....My guess is that both the Sox and the Yanks will be in the conversation...

Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

Hey Babe you might want to check the rear view mirror and remember the objects are closer than they appear

And you might want to remember that the Yanks have played 2 less games.

My guess is that both the Sox and the Yanks will be in the conversation...

Ummm...aren't they every year?