Oh Gosh, I'm a little down this morning. I need some cheering up!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FRGL27Rings. Show FRGL27Rings's posts

Oh Gosh, I'm a little down this morning. I need some cheering up!

Good morning to my good friends on Red Sox:On the front burner. My Celtics are down by two games and my Yankees lost to B. Penny of all people. I need some cheering up. I know you'll tell me my Yankees are still in first place, leading Tampa Bay by 2 games and your beloved Red Sox by 4. And I know you tell me that I have really nothing to complain about since my Yankees have 27 championships and your Sox haven't won a legit. title in 95 years and still counting. And you'll tell me that my Celtics will win at home and defeat the Heat in 7 games. I appreciate all your encouragement.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Re: Oh Gosh, I'm a little down this morning. I need some cheering up!

If you need a little push off of the ledge Frankie, give me a call.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Go cash your $200 check from WEEI , hit the st.Peters club or sit on your favorite bench on main st and watch the world go by..Tell Jim at the donut shop I said Hi....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

awww lil Frankie...what's wrong, the Foxy Lady revoke your gold card?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

I might, might be able to forgive a Sox fan cheering for the Hurricanes, but I cannot possibly condone the wrong-headed alliance between the Mighty Celts and the Yanks.

You're upsetting the natural balance of the universe and I implore you to cease all Boston-New York affiliations at once lest Commisioner Gordon bat-phone Navy SEAL Team 6 on thine behind. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from byebyeepstein. Show byebyeepstein's posts

hey 27 bathtubrings,

here's a plan: preheat your oven to 400 degrees. then crawl in, but don't forget to cover yourself with aluminum foil.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mlgvt48. Show mlgvt48's posts

Your %$#^&* Yankees have never won a legit championship. All 27 have been bought and paid for! Go to a salary cap in baseball and the Stinkees never win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Oh Gosh, I'm a little down this morning. I need some cheering up!:
    [QUOTE]Your %$#^&* Yankees have never won a legit championship. All 27 have been bought and paid for! Go to a salary cap in baseball and the Stinkees never win.
    Posted by mlgvt[/QUOTE]

That's because it's a professional team. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The nerve of Frank, though, to try to discredit the Sox 04 and 07 rings because of roids, but not the Yankees last 5 rings.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Here's one that absolutely killed 'em at the Dangerfield's and the Laugh Factory:

A native of New York City walks into a bar with a brightly colored bird perched on his shoulder.

The bartender says, "WHERE CAN I GET ONE OF THOSE STRANGE AND EXOTIC CREATURES?"

The bird replies, "JUST GO TO NEW YORK, THEY'RE WALKING AROUND ALL OVER THE PLACE AND THEY'RE A DIME A DOZEN."

Hope this cheers you up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Oh Gosh, I'm a little down this morning. I need some cheering up!:
    [QUOTE]Here's one that absolutely killed 'em at the Dangerfield's and the Laugh Factory: A native of New York City walks into a bar with a brightly colored bird perched on his shoulder. The bartender says, "WHERE CAN I GET ONE OF THOSE STRANGE AND EXOTIC CREATURES?" The bird replies, "JUST GO TO NEW YORK, THEY'RE WALKING AROUND ALL OVER THE PLACE AND THEY'RE A DIME A DOZEN." Hope this cheers you up.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]here's one for ya Zill,(heard this one today) a guy walks into a bar and says give me a Bin Laden, the bartender taken aback says what's a Bin Laden?..the guys says two shots and a splash of water...Sealed

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from byebyeepstein. Show byebyeepstein's posts

hey jete,

i bet it's 10 year old scotch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Good one jete, have you considered a career in comedy?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcernTroll. Show ConcernTroll's posts

[QUOTE]Here's one that absolutely killed 'em at the Dangerfield's and the Laugh Factory: A native of New York City walks into a bar with a brightly colored bird perched on his shoulder. The bartender says, "WHERE CAN I GET ONE OF THOSE STRANGE AND EXOTIC CREATURES?" The bird replies, "JUST GO TO NEW YORK, THEY'RE WALKING AROUND ALL OVER THE PLACE AND THEY'RE A DIME A DOZEN." Hope this cheers you up.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Mikey Gordon   - PHISH

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Five of the top 15 OPS in the AL belong to Yankees right now:  Teixeira, Rodriguez, Granderson (surprise, surprise), Martin (also a surprise), and Cano.  They are not depending on Posada or Jeter, and they still have great hitting.  And their pitching right now is way better than expected. 

I thought A-Rod was supposed to be like Mike Lowell this year, but he looks pretty darn healthy to me. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcernTroll. Show ConcernTroll's posts

[QUOTE]Five of the top 15 OPS in the AL belong to Yankees right now:  Teixeira, Rodriguez, Granderson (surprise, surprise), Martin (also a surprise), and Cano.  They are not depending on Posada or Jeter, and they still have great hitting.  And their pitching right now is way better than expected.  I thought A-Rod was supposed to be like Mike Lowell this year, but he looks pretty darn healthy to me. 
    GO YANKEES
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I am not a Yankees fan.  But I believe in knowing your enemy.  Also, it never bothered me that Steinbrenner was always spending tons of money to get players.  Isn't that what owners are supposed to do?  Getting Martin was smart, maybe Granderson too. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcernTroll. Show ConcernTroll's posts

Why not have Bill Gates team up with the Steinbrenners and easily outbid every other franchise for every free agent. Sounds fair to Max. Who cares about a level playing field.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Why not have Bill Gates team up with the Steinbrenners and easily outbid every other franchise for every free agent. Sounds fair to Max. Who cares about a level playing field.
    Posted by ConcernTroll[/QUOTE]

Those in glass houses ...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chain-reaction. Show chain-reaction's posts

garcia's illusions have worn out

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamaicaPlain67. Show JamaicaPlain67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh Gosh, I'm a little down this morning. I need some cheering up! : Those in glass houses ...
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Yes but the feeling across America by everyone on Main St. is that the Yankees buy their pennants and not the Red Sox.  It is a fact. Everyone has this perception.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh Gosh, I'm a little down this morning. I need some cheering up! : Yes but the feeling across America by everyone on Main St. is that the Yankees buy their pennants and not the Red Sox.  It is a fact. Everyone has this perception.
    Posted by JamaicaPlain67[/QUOTE]

Really? Check again. When the media talks big market teams that hog the best players, the Yankees & Red Sox (and sometimes Pha) are usually in the same breath.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh Gosh, I'm a little down this morning. I need some cheering up! : Yes but the feeling across America by everyone on Main St. is that the Yankees buy their pennants and not the Red Sox.  It is a fact. Everyone has this perception.
    Posted by JamaicaPlain67[/QUOTE]

those days are long gone

more like

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbev97. Show kbev97's posts

2011 Payrolls

Yankees $202 mil.
    Boston   $174 mil.

Still a 30% difference.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

the rest of the country doesn't care

that's it's smaller than the yanks

all they know is it's a lot bigger than theirs