Oh Jonny.................

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Oh Jonny.................

Cant Wait To See You Plant The Ball Threw The Monstah, Along With Naps & Brooksie............

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: Oh Jonny.................

i've said it before..he will get 25HR this season...look at his swing..POWER.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

i've said it before..he will get 25HR this season...look at his swing..POWER.

I See Many Going Over Lansdowne.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

or the 14 threads how he reeks after a 0 for 4 night

Agree, How Many Masher,s Go 0 For 4...All Have A Slump..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I see these guys as loose and ready to rock.  The guys that have been on the team are ready to save face and the guys who have joined it are ready to turn the club and clubhouse around.

I like your anticipation!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

I see these guys as loose and ready to rock.  The guys that have been on the team are ready to save face and the guys who have joined it are ready to turn the club and clubhouse around.

I like your anticipation!

Lets Get This Party Started, 4-1-13..Im Ready, Go Sox.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Can't wait for the season to start! It would be awesome if Johnny hit 25 bombs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

When I saw the title I thought it was going to be about Jon Lester's great performance today and how well he has looked this spring.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Can't wait for the season to start! It would be awesome if Johnny hit 25 bombs.

I See 30 Form Jonny G....................Needs To Be In The Lineup More Then Offten......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

He hit 18 in 279 at bats last year.  The guy has a lot of power there is no doubt about that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Mostly authored by Bill-806. Wait a minute, am I talking to myself?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

F The Trolls carnie, 2 Weeks Away, Play Ball......Go Sox.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

good one....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Yeah, and he had a great game against all RHP yesterday. Like Ive said before, when he was playing FT in Tampa he had decent numbers against RHP. Look for JG to play a lot of games in LF or RF depending on what park were playing in.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

HRs don't mean a whole lot unless there are runners on base. A high HR total without the RBIs to back it up is not that productive. Salty hit 25 last year but only had 59 RBIs, an indication of a lot of solo shots.

Don't forget that Gomes will also strike out a lot. What we should be hoping for is a high BA w/RISP.

Just keeping it real.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:

HRs don't mean a whole lot unless there are runners on base. A high HR total without the RBIs to back it up is not that productive. Salty hit 25 last year but only had 59 RBIs, an indication of a lot of solo shots.

Don't forget that Gomes will also strike out a lot. What we should be hoping for is a high BA w/RISP.

Just keeping it real.

Sure.  This is fair.  I think though the folks pointing out that Gomes has serious righty power are just a nice balance to all the Gomes Is A Horrible Waste clamor.  

Yes, he will K a lot.  But, in the end, his contributions will be very on par with Cody Ross in that way, assuming health, and assuming he doesn't get squeezed out with the emergence of JBJ and return of Ortiz.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Just keeping it real.

Sure.  This is fair.  I think though the folks pointing out that Gomes has serious righty power are just a nice balance to all the Gomes Is A Horrible Waste clamor.  

Yes, he will K a lot.  But, in the end, his contributions will be very on par with Cody Ross in that way, assuming health, and assuming he doesn't get squeezed out with the emergence of JBJ and return of Ortiz.

That's exactly what I said when we signed him. I figure he'll give us pretty much exactly what Ross did last year, right down to the great attitude and atrocious defense.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Just keeping it real.

That's exactly what I said when we signed him. I figure he'll give us pretty much exactly what Ross did last year, right down to the great attitude and atrocious defense.

Hahaha.  Exactly.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I like Johnny Gomes, but I'm hoping we have a better LF by next year.  Gomes can then be more of a OF/DH, who plays some games against LHP in the field and DH's and pinch hits to get more at-bats.  I'd like to see him get around 300, although he may get more than that this year. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Just keeping it real.

Lets hope w/ Papi on DL to start most of his AB's will come from DH spot and JBJ is playing LF to start yr. This would be best RS team to start year w/ Papi sidelined.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to garyhow's comment:

Just keeping it real.

Lets hope w/ Papi on DL to start most of his AB's will come from DH spot and JBJ is playing LF to start yr. This would be best RS team to start year w/ Papi sidelined.

I'd put Ellsbury in LF as he has the weakest arm in the outfield.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to garyhow's comment:

Just keeping it real.

I'd put Ellsbury in LF as he has the weakest arm in the outfield.

Yes, correct.  And, as has been referenced already here, no problem:  Middlebrooks is no Adrian Beltre.  

25. This post has been removed.