Oh oooooh...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Oh oooooh...

Am I mistaken, or is it not possible for the Sox to repeat last season's 2-10 start?

I know some of our dear fans were gearing up for it ...

Now what do we do?

I mean if they sweep the Rays, ...if ... they will already be at .500.  I know some here expected the worst with the flatfish coming to town ...

Is it possible that even with major injuries, this team has heart and determination?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Re: Oh oooooh...

Ive never doubted them!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

The heart think IMO is somewhat overstated.

For instance, for all the talk last year about no heart in September, the 'clubhouse culture,' etc., what some fans overlook is the nature of baseball. No matter how much you care, if you sck as a pitcher, that extra caring isn't going to make your pitches any better.

Or if you're a hitter and facing a pitcher iwth nasty stuff, like VErlander on opending day, no amount of caring is going to allow you to hit any better.

And beyond that about last year. The Sox were consistently getting down early (and big) because of crppy pitching. CAring can have a negative affect because it can cause players to press at the plate and get players out of their good habits.

Too many critics too easily dismiss how the nature of baseball in this regard is different than other sports where just putting more effort into your play can pay dividents.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kens0427. Show kens0427's posts

i think ben c. better sit bobby v. down today ad tell him too shut up and dont bust on yr own players bad timing   im not a big youk fan but u cant ? his work habits

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

My fear of a horrible homestand seems to have been unfounded. Three straight against the vaunted Rays pitching staff, which we have pounded. A sweep would be amazing.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Oh oooooh...:
    [QUOTE]Go Bobby V! Go Sox! Bun g, bun g, bun g, bun g, bun g Bun g, bun g, bun g, bun g, bun g Bun g, bun g, bun g, bun g, bun g Bun g, bun g, bun g, bun g, bun g Bun g, bun g, bun g, bun g, bun g Mr. Bobby V, bring us a dream (Bun g, bun g, bun g, bun g) Win us a third World Series, the most we’ve ever seen (Bun g, bun g, bun g, bun g) Give the Yankees a going over (Bun g, bun g, bun g, bun g) Then tell them that their days are over Mr. Bobby V, we’re Red Sox fans full grown Have a lot of memories to call our own Please turn on your magic beam Mr. Bobby V, bring us a dream Bun g, bun g, bun g, bun g Mr. Bobby V, bring us a dream Win us a third World Series, the most we’ve ever seen Give the Yankees a going over Then tell them that their days are over Mr. Bobby V, we’re Red Sox fans full grown Have a lot of memories to call our own Please turn on your magic beam Mr. Bobby V, bring us a dream Bun g, bun g, bun g, bun g Mr. Bobby V bring us a dream (Yes) Win us a third World Series, the most we’ve ever seen Let it go high like Pluto Make it as sweet as an apple strudel Mr. Bobby V turn this team to gold Would be so peachy before we're too old So please turn on your magic beam Mr. Bobby V bring us, please, please, please Mr Bobby V, bring us a dream Bun g, bun g, bun g, bun g And Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' Keep the players up and movin', movin', movin', Though some are disapprovin', Keep them players movin' Bobby V! Don't try to understand 'em, Just push and yell and grab 'em, Soon we'll be leading the League high and wide. Boy my heart's calculatin' A third World Series will be waitin', at the end of this ride. Move 'em on, head 'em up, Head 'em up, move 'em out, Move 'em on, head 'em out Bobby V! Set 'em out, ride 'em in Ride 'em in, let 'em out, Cut 'em out, ride 'em in Bobby V. Rollin', rollin', rollin' Rollin', rollin', rollin' Rollin', rollin', rollin' Rollin', rollin', rollin' Bobby V! Rollin', rollin', rollin' Though some players are screamin Keep them players rollin' Bobby V! All the excitement I'm missin', Celebration, elation , and position', Are waiting at the end of this ride CHORUS Move 'em on, head 'em up, Head 'em up, move 'em out, Move 'em on, head 'em out Bobby V! Set 'em out, ride 'em in Ride 'em in, let 'em out, Cut 'em out, ride 'em in Bobby V. Keep the players up and movin', movin', movin', Though some are disapprovin', Keep them players movin' Bobby V! Don't try to understand 'em, Just push and yell and grab 'em, Soon we'll be leading the League high and wide. Boy my heart's calculatin' A third World Series will be waitin', at the end of this ride. Bobby V! Bobby V!
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

TIme to sing along, Idiot!   :o)   G1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Oh oooooh...:
    [QUOTE]The heart think IMO is somewhat overstated. For instance, for all the talk last year about no heart in September, the 'clubhouse culture,' etc., what some fans overlook is the nature of baseball. No matter how much you care, if you sck as a pitcher, that extra caring isn't going to make your pitches any better. Or if you're a hitter and facing a pitcher iwth nasty stuff, like VErlander on opending day, no amount of caring is going to allow you to hit any better. And beyond that about last year. The Sox were consistently getting down early (and big) because of crppy pitching. CAring can have a negative affect because it can cause players to press at the plate and get players out of their good habits. Too many critics too easily dismiss how the nature of baseball in this regard is different than other sports where just putting more effort into your play can pay dividents.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

I agree completely with issues of injuries and the nature of the game.  In part that is what I'm talking about.   When teams are on a good run, all of a sudden everything is rosy.  When things start to chink up and not go so smoothly, some go to over examination - I think Tiger Woods and Carl Crawford are both good examples.  While Tiger brought in a lot of other issues, he was the top golfer in the world and was/is always tinkering with his game.  Even now he can't follow one train of thought ... or one thought of training ... for something to click and work.  Carl just kept putting more and more pressure on himself.  His work ethic is terrific, but his mind/heaert got in the way of what he does almost second nature by now.

Heart does help.  I guess chemistry is a parallel thought.  But as soon as we say that, folks bring up the '70s Jangees and the total lack of chemisttry and they won anyway.  (Folks don't say anything about that those were the very first stocked "millionaire line-ups" the Boss bought.  The rest of baseball had not even begun to think in terms that Steinie did.  Free agency meant one thing to the other team owners and it meant a totally different thing to him.)

I recall the days when my older son was playing in high school.  His junior year there were leaders on the team that had character and worked through the drills and developed personal and team skills.  (I helped as a volunteer.  I rarely missed a practice and never missed a game.)  That team won all but three games.  Sadly, the leaders all graduated.

The next season the team "leaders" were characters and grumbled, complained and ran short on their drills.   They faulted the coach.  They blamed everyone else for short comings.  They lost more than they won.  Still had great skill players, but the heart wasn't there.  

It wasn't baseball, but I can tell you for sure the whining and short cut taking led to poor performance and poorer and poorer outcomes.  From being one of the division favorites, they ended up being badly beaten many times.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m