OLBERMAN: WAS that a ROAST or a TOAST to Mariano by the Sox?..the worse sendoff ever.. very crass and self-promoting!" agree?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: OLBERMAN: WAS that a ROAST or a TOAST to Mariano by the Sox?..the worse sendoff ever.. very crass and self-promoting!

I agree that Olberman is a crass, self promoting jacka$$ that couldnt cut it on cable news because of his rabid, foaming at the mouth liberalism, and has now turned back to the dregs of his youth on ESPN to try to re-capture some of the magic of the goold ole days when some few of the viewing audiance sort of thought he was funny. JACKA$$, JACKA$$, JACKA$$, and I ignore everything that comes out from between his yellow, plaque encrusted teeth.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: OLBERMAN: WAS that a ROAST or a TOAST to Mariano by the Sox?..the worse sendoff ever.. very crass and self-promoting!

In response to manosome's comment:

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:

Olberman is a pompous (insert three letter synonym for donkey); one of those people who's absolutely sure he's right about everything and everyone else is wrong.  He managed to be the lowest rated personality at MSNBC (which takes some doing) but I'm sure he had a loyal following of 10-20 viewers a night when he was there.  He touts himself as a Cornell grad, but doesn't mention it was from the Agricultural College, which while technically a part of the University, is actually a state sponsored contract college, not really the Ivy League version we think about.

Frankly, if Olberman doesn't like something, it's probably pretty good.

Olberman is a Yankee azz, but he was a big fan of MST3000 and helped promote the show when it was in it's infancy. I'll give him kudos for that, but he was totally wrong about the Mariano tribute.

Sheesh, dont tarnish the memory of a truly funny show by connecting it with Olberman. Let us remain ignorant concerning his role. I will now banish your post from my memory forever.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

[QUOTE]

Olberman is a pompous (insert three letter synonym for donkey); one of those people who's absolutely sure he's right about everything and everyone else is wrong.  He managed to be the lowest rated personality at MSNBC (which takes some doing) but I'm sure he had a loyal following of 10-20 viewers a night when he was there.  He touts himself as a Cornell grad, but doesn't mention it was from the Agricultural College, which while technically a part of the University, is actually a state sponsored contract college, not really the Ivy League version we think about.

Olberman is a Yankee azz, but he was a big fan of MST3000 and helped promote the show when it was in it's infancy. I'll give him kudos for that, but he was totally wrong about the Mariano tribute.

Sheesh, dont tarnish the memory of a truly funny show by connecting it with Olberman. Let us remain ignorant concerning his role. I will now banish your post from my memory forever.

You take the good with the bad. Btw, MST was, imo, the best show in the history of tv. Glad to hear you were a fan, also. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes, have a lot of them on vhs that I taped off Scifi years back. Some were stupid, but most of them were real side splitters. Final Sacrifice and The Mole People were among the funniest. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

When it comes to Olbermann, the posters here are spot on; unfortunately, he gets the last laugh.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

olberman used to b a sports guy in BOSTON...! then as he is known to do.. burned all bridges on his way out.. emily rooney odf wgbh and beat the press fame really hates the jabroni!

COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY CONTRARIAN, HE COMES AND GOES, HE COMES AND GOES... @commyContrarian on Twitter!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

Speaking of MST3000, I think Allen Webster looks and acts just like Joel Hodgson. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

thanks

I appreciate all that kingface

but I will try to cool it for a while

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Pretty consistent with most of your other posts; fits the avatar too; however, she's not young enough.

BTW, 99.99% of the baseball world thinks MO is the best reliever ever, including Eck. 

i wont agree with "most".  i'm sure it couldnt be over one thousand of my posts that i took a shot (cheap or not) at the yankees.  maybe it is.....but, seeing as this is a RS board...i am ok with that.

BTW....do not include me in that 0.01%.  Mo's numbers and durability (albeit the fly ball shagging incident) speak for themselves.  the dude is first ballot HOF that gets his plaque at the head of the RP class.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

I guess Adam Kaufmann will have to be the referee; when in doubt, ask the guru.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

I guess we can ignore your "classy, not classy" labels for others, from now on.

And spare me the "he started it" line.

You're not 12.

Or, maybe you are...

so I'll put you down as in favor of leaving them unattended

And spare me the "he started it" line.

how bout the line

'what about him'

why not call us both out for showing a lack of class

he's talking about innocent people  who died

I mentioned a couple of creeps

hmmm what does that say about you

It says I wouldn't lower myself to say what you or Slasher said, no matter how provoked I was.

I can live with that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

my advice to mo was most certainly classless.  but i never intended it to have class so it works for me.  after all, i am ok with "give back" to the obnoxious yankee fan on the RS board.

now my point about jeter and how it went down in spring 2004 is dead on.  if you dont believe it to be true i dont really care.  but to think that cashman and torre didnt broach the subject of jeter playing 3rd (his only defensive skills being popups and strong arm which are perfect for 3rd base) and keeping the reigning KING of ss actually at ss is....what?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Pretty consistent with most of your other posts; fits the avatar too; however, she's not young enough.

BTW, 99.99% of the baseball world thinks MO is the best reliever ever, including Eck. 

i wont agree with "most".  i'm sure it couldnt be over one thousand of my posts that i took a shot (cheap or not) at the yankees.  maybe it is.....but, seeing as this is a RS board...i am ok with that.

BTW....do not include me in that 0.01%.  Mo's numbers and durability (albeit the fly ball shagging incident) speak for themselves.  the dude is first ballot HOF that gets his plaque at the head of the RP class.

OK, misunderstood U regarding MO. And I was thinking of changing the 'most' to 'some' right after I posted, so I agree with you there. However, it would be nice if you didn't provide misinfo about NYY, such as Jeter's role at Ground Zero, and a few other posts.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

-Pompous? Yes

-Lowest rating MSNBC Host? No. He built MSNBC ( brought in Maddow & Hayes to name a few ) and left while being the highest rated Host. 

-Pompous? Again, Yes. 

-If the "Ivy League" version of Cornell produces minds like Ann Coulter, no thanks. Everyone should tell their kids to walk the 20 yards to get a real education. 

Pompous You say? Most definitely.