Old Post

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SuperBenJI. Show SuperBenJI's posts

Old Post

Our goal is to reach the WS this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from drpjn. Show drpjn's posts

Re: We Shouldn't Worry About the Yankees

You mean threat, right?

Philosophically, I believe we need to worry about ourselves. Period.

And I'm worried about the starting rotation, the bullpen, and Carl Crawford.  It's likely that the rest of the team will do well, give and take.

It's a long season and one never knows for sure, but there's enough to worry about so far in Red Sox Nation for 2012.

Forget about the Yankees, Texas, etc.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

This should be an interesting thread.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to We Shouldn't Worry About the Yankees:
    [QUOTE]Our goal is to reach the WS this year... and in my opinion, we shouldn't worrry about the new york Yankees.... The Yanks got too many Ben Cartwrights in their lineup (Chavez, Ibanez, Chavez, Jones, Jeter, Rodriguez, etc). The Yankees got more veterants than the USA Army. In my opinion, we should worry about the Angels and Texas. They represents the biggest treat to our team this year.
    Posted by SuperBenJI[/QUOTE]

How have our AAA pitchers Phelps, Warren and Betances looked this spring against the Sox?

"Warren took care of business, alright. Facing a lineup full of Boston regulars, the Yankees pitching prospect fired four scoreless innings with three strikeouts, no walks and two hits. One of those hits was a ball that glanced off Warren’s own glove for an infield single.

“Warren was excellent,” Joe Girardi said. “I thought he moved the ball in and out well. His slider was really good tonight. I thought he was excellent.”

Dellin Betances followed Warren with three hitless innings.

David Phelps — who was supposed to start this game before his wife went into labor — has pitched 7.2 innings without an earned run this spring. D.J. Mitchell has a 0.89 WHIP and 1.00 ERA. The Yankees upper-level pitching prospects have each made strong impressions this spring, suggesting they’re more than capable of filling a hole should this overflowing rotation need a spot starter or two."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Yes how did they look? After all those innings I think it is a safe bet to analyze them, don't you?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: We Shouldn't Worry About the Yankees:
    [QUOTE]Yes how did they look? After all those innings I think it is a safe bet to analyze them, don't you?
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Funny.

And how deep is your pitching depth at AAA Pawtuckett going into the season in the case of unexpected injuries with the Sox?

And it's been ok to analyze Pineda here in the same time frame after just one outing.

Call him a bust.

Benji boy can't have it both ways.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

The magic of Beni - this is why he is needed on the forum. And everyone falls right in line.

Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now starting for the NY Yankees:

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]Our goal is to reach the WS this year... and in my opinion, we shouldn't worrry about the new york Yankees.... The Yanks got too many Ben Cartwrights in their lineup (Chavez, Ibanez, Chavez, Jones, Jeter, Rodriguez, etc). The Yankees got more veterants than the USA Army. In my opinion, we should worry about the Angels and Texas. They represents the biggest treat to our team this year.

Gonna be tough for the Sox to make the playoffs to get to the World Series from 3rd or 4th place but OK.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Posted by SuperBenJI[/QUOTE]Not too concerned about the Angels but Texas and a team you left off the Tigers are both bigger concerns than the yankees. What did you think about last night? Rather bush league move by little joe. Don't blame Val for busting his chops. I guess little joe figures a tie is better than losing to the Sox again and again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smileys_Back. Show Smileys_Back's posts

Guys, this is an imposter, although I agree that we shouldn't be worried about the aging Yankees.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to We Shouldn't Worry About the Yankees : Not too concerned about the Angels but Texas and a team you left off the Tigers are both bigger concerns than the yankees. What did you think about last night? Rather bush league move by little joe. Don't blame Val for busting his chops. I guess little joe figures a tie is better than losing to the Sox again and again.
    Posted by Hingham Hammer[/QUOTE]

Cry

Wah-wah-wah. Not fair - Yanks didn't bring enough pitchers to game because they have a two split squad games the next day. It is March and we need to win these games now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]Guys, this is an imposter, although I agree that we shouldn't be worried about the aging Yankees.
    Posted by Smileys_Back[/QUOTE] after authoring six threads on said subject, that statement's a bit late no?...Wink

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Shouldn't Worry About the Yankees : after authoring six threads on said subject that statement's a bit late no?...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

LOL but six repetitive threads is nothing compared with the eighty that Georom authored during the winter blaming the Sept. collapse on one player, chicken, and a few beers. It appears that he finally realized that he overreacted and scapegoated.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Shouldn't Worry About the Yankees : LOL but six repetitive threads is nothing compared with the eighty that Georom authored during the winter blaming the Sept. collapse on one player, chicken, and a few beers. It appears that he finally realized that he overreacted and scapegoated.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE] well, unlike you, i'm not looking to throw Geo under the bus, but even as a non Red Sox fan, i've long said that the whole C&B thing was off the rails and was totally sensationalized by the Boston sports media...Edit..by sports media period...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Guys, this is an imposter, although I agree that we shouldn't be worried about the aging Yankees.
    Posted by Smileys_Back[/QUOTE]

I am going to believe you on this Beni and I am sure that the imposter is someone we know every well here. This is scraping the bottom of the barrel, that is for sure.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Worry about  NYY? Sure.

Worry about TEX and LAA?  Yup.

But worry about TBR first.  They got the pitching.

Trust me. They are the real deal and could take the AL East title.

With NYY taking the WC.

And BOS players on the golf course in October.

You didn't hear it here first. 

We should just enjoy this season for its own sake and not get any high expectations, is all I'm saying.

And I understand that Liverpool is  lovely this time of year. Just ask John Henry.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

What did you think about last night? Rather bush league move by little joe. Don't blame Val for busting his chops. I guess little joe figures a tie is better than losing to the Sox again and again.---Hingham Hammer
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not to state the obvious but that game was over by the 5th inning. Yankees are absolutely loaded with solid starting pitching, in the bigs and on the farm, and the kid Warren is a good example.

Not much point in worrying about them either, nor overlooking them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SuperBenJI. Show SuperBenJI's posts

Re: Why We Shouldn't Worry About the Yankees

Even the inmates in Guantanamo will agree with me... We
    Shouldn't Worry About the Yankees.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

yeah! let's all worry about stuff that is totally out of our control. good idea. OMG! what are we gonna do if texas does this or Oakland does that and if one of our superstars pulls a hammy or that Babe's parrot can't speak yidish!!!!!

not even noon yet and............

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Why We Shouldn't Worry About the Yankees:
    [QUOTE]Even the inmates in Guantanamo will agree with me... We Shouldn't Worry About the Yankees.

Immitating Beni is just wrong on so many levels. I declare you Pike!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Pike is being blamed for everything these days. I just saw a thread on the political thread where Camelwalk was being demolished by a pack of liberals and he then resorted to calling one of them Pike. Too funny. LOL.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SuperBenJI. Show SuperBenJI's posts

Posted by Smileys_Back[/QUOTE] Only time will tell... The real
    Smiley-Beni is a showman, and you are not even close.
    OK ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SuperBenJI. Show SuperBenJI's posts

In Response to Re: Why We Shouldn't Worry About the Yankees:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why We Shouldn't Worry About the Yankees : Immitating Beni is just wrong on so many levels. I declare you Pike!
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Are you sure ? The real Smiley-Beni is a showman... and this guy is
    not even close. OK ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

If there is going to be a battle as to who the real Beni is, I want front row seats.

This should be enough to make Kim's head explode.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to We Shouldn't Worry About the Yankees : How have our AAA pitchers Phelps, Warren and Betances looked this spring against the Sox? "Warren took care of business, alright. Facing a lineup full of Boston regulars, the Yankees pitching prospect fired four scoreless innings with three strikeouts, no walks and two hits. One of those hits was a ball that glanced off Warren’s own glove for an infield single. “Warren was excellent,” Joe Girardi said. “I thought he moved the ball in and out well. His slider was really good tonight. I thought he was excellent.” Dellin Betances followed Warren with three hitless innings. David Phelps — who was supposed to start this game before his wife went into labor — has pitched 7.2 innings without an earned run this spring. D.J. Mitchell has a 0.89 WHIP and 1.00 ERA. The Yankees upper-level pitching prospects have each made strong impressions this spring, suggesting they’re more than capable of filling a hole should this overflowing rotation need a spot starter or two."
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

I thought Warren looked very good last night, but Betances, despite not giving up a hit, looked uncomfortable and was pretty wild. 

After 7 - 10 IP, it's hard to draw much of a conclusion, but there's some potential for bullpen depth if necessary.  If you want a larger sample size (and some perspective), last year these guys all pitched over 100 innings in the IL, and each fared just a little bit worse than Kyle Weiland. Significantly worse than Andrew Miller.