On to the hot stove...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Re: On to the hot stove...

Excercise Scutaro's option. Make Pedroia Cap'n. Sign Ellsbury long term. That's all I got for now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

emp9

Agreed on all counts....not sure Ells is ameanable to signing an extension...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

In Response to Re: On to the hot stove...:
    Excercise Scutaro's option. Make Pedroia Cap'n. Sign Ellsbury long term. That's all I got for now.
    Posted by emp9

Agree on Scutaro, been solid for 2 seasons. Use Ellsbury through his last Arb year, then if out of contention trade him for top prospects (as long as he is still putting up big numbers, we will see next year). He will have to sign a Crawford like deal, probably more, not likely the Sox would do that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

I see the Sox priorities in this order....

Front Office:
    GM...was this epic collapse enough for Henry to consider a top down re-organization? I would love to get Luccino's take on this..

Medical Staff/Trainers: Something is amiss and it's been 4 years where we've failed to finish the season with a healthy roster? Which not coincidently mirrrors the tougher testing standard implemented in the spring of 2008...

Field Managers:
    Manager
    ...I think Francona has managed his last game...
    Bench Coach...Hale could be in the conversation to replace him Francona
    Pitching Coach..I think Young is gone regardless of Francona
    Hitting Coach...Magadon...some good (Papi) some bad (Crawford). if Francona goes he too is likely gone...
    1B Coach Johnson is an organization guy and will be have a job somewhere in the organization...
    3B Coach: Bogar didn't help himself with his performance last night and like Young will likely be replaced regardless of Francona's standing...

Pitching Staff:
    Keepers...
    Lester, Beckett, Buccholz, Aceves, Bard, & Morales...
    Time for a change: Lackey
    Thanks for the memories: Papelbon

To-do: bolster rotation with youth and sign a closer, see what we have in Doubront and Ranaundo...hope for a rebound from Wheeler and Jenks...

Position Players:
    Keepers: Agon, Pedrioa, Youk, Crawford, Ellsbury, Saltalamacchia, Aviles
    Time for a change: Lowrie...
    Thanks for the memories: Ortiz, Varitek, Drew...

To-Do: Get younger, find a RH bat to play RF...see what we have in Lavarnway, Iglesias and Kalish...

End of the day something is amiss here and though it may be painful for some I see the need to blow it up and retool...not rebuild...we have a very strong nucleaus to build around so we're not likely to be a .500 team but if we want to run with the big dogs we can't do so without getting qualtiy starts and length from our rotation and shutdown work from the backend of the pen...As much as it may be painful to let Papi walk, I would like to see us use the DH position as a platoon and strengthen our bench...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

sign Pujols for the DH spotLaughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Excellent post Beantowne.     My only thoughts are that Ranaudo is still 2 years away and shouldn't be rushed.      Lackey and his salary will be difficult to move and John Henry doesn't like to eat salaries.    I'm not sold on Saltalamaccia.     Find a serviceable catcher to share  time with Lavarnway until he's ready to be a No. 1.
    If the Rays don't pick up Kelly Shoppach's option, bring him back or possibly Rod Barajas.

Let Curt Young go and name Varitek as the new pitching coach.     Many former catchers have been successful as pitching coaches.     He's familiar with the pitching staff.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

If Tito goes, I hope the Sox get away from promoting anyone currently on the coaching staff.
    They need a clean sweep and a new beginning, with a tougher manager.
    Get the spa atmoshpere and video games out of the clubhouse. Get and keep the fat cats in shape thoughout the season, not just in the spring.
    This is the oldest team in baseball, and needs to cut bait with Tek and Wakefield.
    Most of all , FIRE EPSTEIN!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

sign Pujols for the DH spotLaughing

Not going to happen; he's going to want $25M per, he belongs in St. Louis and they aren't going to let him go.

I would prefer they transition Youk into the DH role.  Without the wear and tear of playing everyday in the field, it might work for a couple years.  He can spell Gonzo at first occasionally.  Plus, the bigger need is a right handed RF. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOX4567. Show SOX4567's posts

We also have Will Middlebrooks coming up. Youkilis can start the year at 3B and during mid-year if Middlebrooks continues to develop we can see what he has to offer at the big league. Jeremy Affedlt would be a good pick up in the bullpen, giving us a strong lefty. There will be a search for a starter, I'm sure they will roll the dice on CJ Wilson and see whats there. More likely is that they look at a solid innings eater. Wake is gone. Pap is gone. Heath Bell might be here. Tek will be back. Ortiz is iffy. Scutaro will be back, hard to argue what hes done. Cuddyer might be in the picture. If they panic, they may try to pull off a bigger deal via trade.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

Agree on Scutaro. Whatever we do we need Scutaro on our team. I don't care if he's a utility guy, shortstop, or third base coach. He's one of the few guys on the team who had the mental and physical toughness to play hard all the way through this dreadful Sept.

That seems like it's in short supply, aside from Ellsbury, Pedroia, Scutaro, and Aceves.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

[QUOTE]Excercise Scutaro's option. Make Pedroia Cap'n. Sign Ellsbury long term. That's all I got for now.
    Posted by emp9[/QUOTE]

Two words regarding extending Ellsbury...SCOTT BORAS

Get ready now, Ellsbury will be a Yankee, Angel, or Phillie once he becomes a FA.  You can thank Carl Crawford's contract for that!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karlosantonylimtiaco. Show Karlosantonylimtiaco's posts

Drink more water and cut out the beers.

That will accomplish two things: 1) excess fat will be shed and 2) dehydration will be eliminated.

This will result in: 1) more endurance and 2) less injury from stupid things like pulled muscles and 3) elasticity in muscles which facilitates a "live arm".

The ultimate pay of would be the ability to 1) be in the game and not the DL, 2) endure throughout the whole season, 3) move beyond enduring and actually finish strong, 4) gauranteed play in the post season!

The above is a suggested start. Other ideas include: 1) finding real trainers/dieticians, 2) hiring a manager who will light a fire under their rears [way to complacent! anyone in their right mind would have gone through the roof! who cares about feelings? everyone would feel much better with wins. rip them a new one in order to motivate some winning.]

To be honest, I am glad they lost. They had no business being in the hole they dug for themselves. The Yankees and Rays didn't so much win as much as the Sox gave it away (cough, cough, cough). UNBELIEVABLE! WORSE THAN YANKEE 2004 ALCS CHOKE.

Incedently, the Yankees may regret allowing Tampa to win that game. Tampa's pitching is definitely scarier than RedSox. Texas will have to beat strong pitching in preparation for facing the Yankee pitchers. Should Tampa beat Texas, Yankees would have to beat their pitching. On the flip side, GO DETROIT!

Come on boys... drink your WATER!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

[QUOTE]emp9 Agreed on all counts....not sure Ells is ameanable to signing an extension...
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

Kind of agree with you about Ells maybe not signing an extension in light of how he was treated last year...can't really blame him I guess. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]I see the Sox priorities in this order.... Front Office: GM...was this epic collapse enough for Henry to consider a top down re-organization? I would love to get Luccino's take on this.. Medical Staff/Trainers: Something is amiss and it's been 4 years where we've failed to finish the season with a healthy roster? Which not coincidently mirrrors the tougher testing standard implemented in the spring of 2008... Field Managers: Manager ...I think Francona has managed his last game... Bench Coach ...Hale could be in the conversation to replace him Francona Pitching Coach ..I think Young is gone regardless of Francona Hitting Coach ...Magadon...some good (Papi) some bad (Crawford). if Francona goes he too is likely gone... 1B Coach Johnson is an organization guy and will be have a job somewhere in the organization... 3B Coach: Bogar didn't help himself with his performance last night and like Young will likely be replaced regardless of Francona's standing... Pitching Staff: Keepers... Lester, Beckett, Buccholz, Aceves, Bard, & Morales... Time for a change: Lackey Thanks for the memories: Papelbon To-do: bolster rotation with youth and sign a closer, see what we have in Doubront and Ranaundo...hope for a rebound from Wheeler and Jenks... Position Players: Keepers: Agon, Pedrioa, Youk, Crawford, Ellsbury, Saltalamacchia, Aviles Time for a change: Lowrie... Thanks for the memories: Ortiz, Varitek, Drew... To-Do: Get younger, find a RH bat to play RF...see what we have in Lavarnway, Iglesias and Kalish... End of the day something is amiss here and though it may be painful for some I see the need to blow it up and retool...not rebuild...we have a very strong nucleaus to build around so we're not likely to be a .500 team but if we want to run with the big dogs we can't do so without getting qualtiy starts and length from our rotation and shutdown work from the backend of the pen...As much as it may be painful to let Papi walk, I would like to see us use the DH position as a platoon and strengthen our bench...

Well said Beantowne, but I have a few additional comments:

1) If Theo is going to be replaced...they must send Bill James packing with him...I'm sorry but his statistical input has done nothing but bring players to town that can't seem to play here.

2) Whether Francona goes or not, I believe Magadon, Young and Bogar all need to find new employment elsewhere.

3) The medical/training staff also needs to be replaced...as these players appear to be out of shape and ill-prepared to play 162 games. In addition, the misdiagnosis of Ellsbury last year and Schilling a couple of years ago.

4) The Sox will need at least two new pitchers to add to the rotation, assuming that Lackey, Wakefield, Bedard and Miller are all gone.

5) I would not be adverse to signing Papelbon, if the price is not too much, but there's a bunch of closers hitting the market I believe this year. I would not want Bard taking over this role.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wildcat66. Show wildcat66's posts

RKPLAYERTEAMABRH2B3BHRRBISBCSBBSOAVGOBPSLGOPS
    1Gil VelazquezLAA60300010000.500.429.500.929
    2Jose IglesiasBOS63200000002.333.333.333.667
    3Drew SuttonBOS541117700700313.315.362.444.807
    4Jhonny PeraltaDET525681572532186024095.299.345.478.824
    5Marco ScutaroBOS39559118261754423836.299.358.423.781
    6Derek JeterNYY546841622446611664681.297.355.388.743
    7Yunel EscobarTOR513771492431148336170.290.369.413.782
    8Eduardo EscobarCHW70200000001.286.286.286.571
    9Elvis AndrusTEX5879616427356037125674.279.347.361.708
    10Erick AybarLAA5567115533810593063168.279.322.421.743
    11Asdrubal CabreraCLE60487165323259217544119.273.332.460.792
    12J.J. HardyBAL527761422703080003192.269.310.491.801
    13Alexei RamirezCHW614811653121570755184.269.328.399.727
    14Eduardo NunezNYY30938821825302262237.265.313.385.698
    15Cliff PenningtonOAK5155713626285814942104.264.319.369.687
    16Alcides EscobarKC548691392184462692573.254.290.343.633
    17Jed LowrieBOS3094078144636112360.252.303.382.685
    18John McDonaldTOR16819428122024818.250.285.345.630
    19Brendan RyanSEA436511081933391333487.248.313.326.639
    20Orlando CabreraCLE3243579130438621340.244.277.321.598
    21Trevor PlouffeMIN2864768181831332571.238.305.392.697
    22Tsuyoshi NishiokaMIN221145050019241543.226.278.249.527
    23Andres BlancoTEX76917302301414.224.263.342.605
    24Sean RodriguezTB37345832038361173887.223.323.357.679
    25Cesar IzturisBAL3046000100210.200.250.200.450

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to On to the hot stove...:
     if I were John Henry...

Bean,

The Red Sox have should have seven contracts coming off the books:

J.D. Drew ($14 million)
    David Ortiz ($12.5 million)
    Jonathan Papelbon ($12 million)
    Mike Cameron ($7.25 million)
    Dan Wheeler ($3 million)
    Jason Varitek ($2 million)
    Tim Wakefield ($2 million)

That's a total of $52.75 million.

Several players will be receiving raises in 2012 based on their current contracts. Adrian Gonzalez was paid $12.2 million this season (salary and signing bonus) and is going to $21 million. Jon Lester ($1.875 million) and Dustin Pedroia ($2.5 million) also get hikes.

That will eat up roughly $13 million.

Jacoby Ellsbury, Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Mike Aviles, Matt Albers, Jed Lowrie, Alfredo Aceves, Daniel Bard and Franklin Morales are among the arbitration eligible players who will receive raises. In some cases (Ellsbury and Bard), those will be significant raises. 

If I were John Henry:

#1 Look to sign Jacoby long term

#2 Don't sign Tek, or trade Salty, keep Tek and promote Lavarnway.  Another option is to look into what Y. Molina will be seeking as a FA.

#3 Bite the bullet and pay Lackey his 45 plus mil to leave town.  Or raise your payroll and find a solid #4 starter at all cost like CJ Wilson as a FA, or a guy like Felix Hernandez through trade by dangiling players like Youk, Bard, Lowrie, Middlebrooks, Salty, Renaudo, Weiland, Reddick, Kalish etc.  Barnes is going to be better than all our minor league pitchers. 

#4 Look into signing Mike Cuddyer for help in RF, Kemp would cost us too much

#5 Look for pen help that could possibly allow Aceves to be our fifth starter

#6 Appoint Pede Captain

#7 Don't sign Wake if a more effective sixth or seventh starter can be found cheaper.

#8 Fire Curt Young and find a more effective pitching coach

#9 Exercise Scutaro's option he deserves it, but only if you feel Aviles or Lowrie can't handle it.

#10 Look into and fire necessary medical staff that continue to mis diagnose our injuries.

#11 Hold Tito responsible for the conditioning of all our players to ensure they are not slacking off.

#12 Look for a cheaper alternative to Pap before re-signing him long term.  His MO the past two years has been to not pitch as well down the stretch and into the PS.

#13 Sign David for at the most "two years" if he leaves give the job to Youk or Lavarnway but make sure we use his salary to solidify our pitching.

#14 Entertain trade proposals for younger starters "like Felix" for Josh Beckett because if Tek leaves, Josh probably won't be as effective.  Its a mental thing with Josh

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III

posted at 9/28/2011 2:55 PM EDT
    First: 9/15/2011
    Last: 9/29/2011
    Lavarnway also provides real RH Pop, which finally gets the line-up balanced again.

It was the game changer and addressed a year long problem that epstein needs to be fired for. Crawford was the most incompetent decision, second to Wakefield ceremonial tour. Red Sox are now boxed in because of Epstein mistakes. Instead of being stupid and paying arbitration 12 to 16M for Ellsbury, it should now be Crawford's new job to simply get on base and steal bases and play good defense. There isn't going to be any #3 slugging average on this contract, and it is time to take this mistake and accept it. Ellsbury stock will never be higher and any competent GM would see the career averages, be sceptical about API/no hgh testing, and recognize the reality of a need for a young star slugging RH OFer. With Crawford, Ellsbury is out of the long term picture by gm decision. Would be pretty simple to make a trade that works for both teams by swapping Ellsbury plus a mid tier prospect or blocked player or two to cover for any team that is unable to extend Ellsbury at end of 2 years.

Dbacks have cant afford balloon payments for J. Upton's final 2 years 2014 and 2015. Cost for Ellsbury and Upton for 2012 and 2013 will be about the same. Dbacks have Chris Young strong splits v. LP, so would be more balanced with Ellsbury. A trade fits both teams.

I like Kemp better, but Upton is younger v. the extension that will need to be in place before any Kemp trade is finalized.

McCutchen would require a 3 team deal and would be harder to match up.

Most Red Sox fans will never embrace Crawford or Ellsbury's eventual replacement.

Wakefield is already politicing for a ceremonial tour 2 year. Very important that he is not brought back. He was one of the causes of the early coast and caution and brief 6 man monte debacle. He also caused at least a loss or two during early season debacle when Aceves was squeezed off active roster to AAA.

Varitek has been washed up for 2 years. Salty/Varitek was a huge mistake. Lavarnway, regardless of long term prospects, should have been retained after first call up and used more frequently behind plate.

Varitek should not be resigned to anything more than a minor league contract. Ditto Wakefield.

Hernandez should be signed as a one year deal FA catcher, and Lavarnway and Salty should battle it out in the spring for the MLB active roster spot for 2012. The loser would be parked in AAA. If Salty is out of options then unless Lavarnway is clearly proven sure bet to be a solid MLB catcher career, start Lavarway in AAA.

Starting pitching injuries were no excuse for this team. If Wakefield had been cut loose and 2 veteran pitchers signed ie Bedard and harden et al, it would have resulted in more quality innings overall and an easy 93 to 95 win season.

Had VMart been retained with Salty as backup, subtract Wakefield and add two veteran pitchers on one year deals (3 to 5M) and this team wins the AL East.

VMart is a top quality overall hitter who excels from right side that Esptein incompetently neglected.

Important to fire incompetent Epstein and pitching approach bean counters and implement the needed changes to put out what should be AL East favorites. Fire bench coach and offer Tito a one year probation deal or hire new coach. Do not allow Tito to hire bench coach.

Hire a new fitness director and go to arbitration on any groundless MLBPA member complaints about fitness regime.

Aviles gets UIF job over Lowrie, who should be traded for first decent bench fit. Aviles isn't much, but he appears more fit and not anal retentive.

Middlebrooks appears likely to be ready for any late season call-up to replace Youk at 3rd. Decision can be made at 2012 end of Middlebrooks is ready to start in 2013.

Ortiz is near the end but should be resigned to a ~10M one year deal with a team option for year 2 at 5M and 1.5M buyout. (old Dh market is running about 5M a year, so that is simply a thank you golden parachute for Ortiz with some chance of recapturing base value if Ortiz is still capable for year 2 option making base down to 7.5M) Yankees will do nothing more than bluff with aging Dh cue line.

Youk should DH a litte more against the lefties Ortiz has problems with or if Ortiz is struggling v LP.

CJ Wilson is a poor value and likely Yankee bidding vaue bust, and FA or trade quality proven top tier starting pitcher market does not exist. Red Sox should bluff on Sabathia if it appears he isn't going home to west coast. Because there is no value top tier quality starting pitching, Papelbon must be resigned. He will not get 2 years and 30M, so he'll end up with a market of about 12.5 for 3 years or 14 x 2 years.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Explore any trade scenerios in which lackey and /or crawford are part of. I need to personally apologize to Scutaro becuase I was totally wrong about him earlier in the season. This is one of the few things Tito did get right !! Resign the guy he Belongs in Boston, as a backup of course !! LOL I was also wrong in so much as I said anybody over farrell would be an improvement. Hopefully The problems in the pitching this season was because of a different philosophy that the players didn't have time to, just wouldn't, or couldn't adjust to and a second year may produce better results... I wouldn't be sad if Young left. Fire, incinerate, or perform an exorcism to get rid of Bogar and anybody else who wants this poor excuse for a coach associated with this team. Don't let Tito get away !! Don't let him manage but don't let him get away. Obviously he provides some comfort for players in the clubhouse, his main ability, so there must be a way to work him into the scheme just don't let him call games!! I agree with keeping a better eye on Theo this offseason.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Don't try and resign Aceves. He looks better in pinstripes.Tongue out

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

#1 Look to sign Jacoby long term

A. Assuming Ellsbury and Boras agree to an extension, it would be in the 142M area that Crawford was just offered for a career season

B. Crawford is the same career average type of skillset

C. Red Sox have zero on OF Rh v. LP slugging

D. Ellsbury trade value will never be any higher

E. Crawford is value based untradeable

F. Ellsbury 2012 is unlikely to resemble Ellsbury 2011 and likey to Resemble Ellsbury 2007 to 2011

G. Crawford 2012 is unlikely to resemble Crawford 2011 and likely to resemble Crawford 2007 to 2011

H. Red Sox have 2 major construction flaws, starting pitching and unbalanced splits adjusted offensive roster that is prone to too many lows, with aggregate not being a reflection of offensive construction flaw

I. Any GM that ignored Crawford 142M decision is stupid enough to offer Ellsbury a serious current market extension

J. Epstein needs to be fired so that these kind of mistakes aren't repeated and fan emotions are ignored when making long term contract decisions and trades 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

It's always a mistake to rush a prospect ahead of his time.     Such is the case with  Middlebrooks.      There are serviceable 3rd basemen out there that can hold the fort for a year until Middlebrooks is truly ready for the big leagues.
    As for Youkilis, it's time for him to move on for a good pitcher while he might still have value.      

Act in haste  - repent in leisure.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

The RS to a large extent first and foremost are probably going to have determine FINALLY, if they are all in or all out.

What I mean by that is that this team has been run by the desire to win now and always be in a position to win in the immediate future.

Some large commitments were made based on the understanding of what was coming off of the books after 2011 and those funds are already earmarked for A-Gon, Crawford, a number of guys with accelerating contracts and arbitration awards. There were assumptions made about the readiness of Iggy and Reddick/Kalish and that Lackey and Crawford would be much more productive. It is a bit of tight fix in some ways.

The better eye on Theo? Please. Theo Epstein has never done a contract greater than $40M without the expressed sign off of the Trio and the board. And certainly not Lackey, A-Gon, Crawford or the Beckett extension. That is just how the industry works.

So are the RS in and willing to be longer term payers of CBT (luxury tax)? Even if so it will be a bit of a magic act because pitching is unreliable to buy (Lackey as exhibit A).

If not blow up the team starting with Francona, his staff, the front office and then dump every valuable asset that won't be in its prime 4 years from today for as many prospects as you can get. Offer arbitration to your Type A FAs and let them walk. It is the more natural cycle in sports than the uber-team track the RS want to pursue.

But the more natural cycle has no guarantee of getting you back in 3-5 years, ask the O's or countless other franchises that end up in decade long cycles of mediocrity.

The depth and quality of the starting pitching and if papelbon is subtracted surely the bullpen that really needs to addressed if this team is to contend while avoiding a collapse like this again. No easy trick in a shallow starting pitching FA market and a farm system that reflects years of picking in the lower third of rounds because of perinnal success.  Not addressing that and firing the manager to satisfy the need to have somebody pay for "this" won't get it done.

But please keep in mind $24M of the money "coming off the books" in Ortiz and Papelbon leave big holes to be filled before we fix anything else. And much of the remaining $32M will be going to Crawford, A-Gon, Buch and other accelerating contracts.

Tough nut to crack indeed when a number of things don't play out as you planned to a long term plan. While we all like to think as fans we know just what to do, it is in reality far more difficult and complex. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

The better eye on Theo? Please. Theo Epstein has never done a contract greater than $40M without the expressed sign off of the Trio and the board. And certainly not Lackey, A-Gon, Crawford or the Beckett extension. That is just how the industry works. 

Ownership signs off on every contract in every MLB franchise. Are you really stupid enough to believe that a budget and ownershop approval of a contract obligation deflects all or most accountablity from Epstein?

Very important to fire Epstein, as managers have less impact than GM's, which is the chicken salad axiom.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]The better eye on Theo? Please. Theo Epstein has never done a contract greater than $40M without the expressed sign off of the Trio and the board. And certainly not Lackey, A-Gon, Crawford or the Beckett extension. That is just how the industry works.   Ownership signs off on every contract in every MLB franchise. Are you really stupid enough to believe that a budget and ownershop approval of a contract obligation deflects all or most accountablity from Epstein? Very important to fire Epstein, as managers have less impact than GM's, which is the chicken salad axiom.
    Posted by 1958lesspaul[/QUOTE]Typical response on your part. Insulting when you need not be.

My point was that particularly in the case of Lackey and certainly Dice K, Crawford and A-Gon the ownership was very involved in the decision. So the suggestion that there needs to be a "closer eye" on Theo is not much of an answer.

The merits of Epstein's continued tenure I will leave to you and others to debate for the moment.  Clearly he has a level of accountability.

Time to put your latest screen name on ignore but because you just can't be remotely civil anymore.