One hundred and ninty five years

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from justbaseball. Show justbaseball's posts

Re: One hundred and ninty five years

NHsteven, how could you have seen this guy before, his first post was yesterday.  This is a new addition to the smiley stable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

If New Jersey is considered a New York team than why isn't Hartford considered a Massachusetts team?

Then you'd have to count all those dreadful Whalers teams, right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from deck-ape-brett. Show deck-ape-brett's posts

In Response to Re: One hundred and ninty five years:
    [QUOTE]If New Jersey is considered a New York team than why isn't Hartford considered a Massachusetts team? Then you'd have to count all those dreadful Whalers teams, right?
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

I removed all teh Jersey teams because I fwelt bad for all the New Yorkers with their bad NY school system education.

I have a BSOE. Paid for by you. Thanks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from justbaseball. Show justbaseball's posts

another good point by zilla

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One hundred and ninty five years : So the Bruins 23 Divisional Championships now all count as Stanley Cups?  Interesting Math.  As for the purposes of this forum the most important numbers are 27 to 7. 
    Posted by mikeyinthebronx[/QUOTE]

Actually the most important numbers are 10-20-04

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One hundred and ninty five years : You can't handle the truth mikey.
    Posted by deck-ape-brett[/QUOTE]

Sus-pect
    27 to 7 chew on that.

Trust me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chain-reaction. Show chain-reaction's posts

[QUOTE]Is this another "smiley" thread in disguise? Sure sounds like one. The only thing missing is kimsaythis and chain-reaction telling the O.P. how smart he is for pointing out that New York teams sometimes have problems.

Good point Zill!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One hundred and ninty five years : When I added the Giants and Jets numbers back in, it came out to 231 collective years. So I did you a favor by leaving them out.

Find out how many downstaters (by far the majority of the NY's population) care at all about the Buffalo Bills and Sabres?  Really I don't care about much of this anyway all I care about is 27 to 7 and 18 wins and 1 GIANT loss.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Natick-Ned. Show Natick-Ned's posts

Many people become fans of where they were born and brought up.
    Many become fans where they moved to and now reside.
    Many go to college away from home and start rooting for the local team.
    Some become fans of teams in the locale of where they retire to.
    Many assume the fandom of their fathers and grandfathers.
    Many just like the history of specific franchises.
    Some enjoy the challenge and root for an underdog or poor franchise.

The boundaries of a State or Metropolitan area aren't really that important anymore since we can get every single game on our TV sets or computer and on our car radios ( satellite radio). We are no longer captive to the local teams broadcasts as in years past. We can now choose who we wish to root for.

Isn't Buffalo closer to Pittsburg, Cincinnati, Toronto, and Cleveland than it is to New York City? Why be parochial about teams within a State boundary? Why not use distance in miles? I fail to see the point of the thread?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dangerfeld. Show Dangerfeld's posts

This same OP or a slight variation of it was on the forum a while back. It reminds me of a schoolkid saying "My Dad can beat up you dad".  "My city is better than your city, etc.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from deck-ape-brett. Show deck-ape-brett's posts

[QUOTE]Many people become fans of where they were born and brought up. Many become fans where they moved to and now reside. Many go to college away from home and start rooting for the local team. Some become fans of teams in the locale of where they retire to. Many assume the fandom of their fathers and grandfathers. Many just like the history of specific franchises. Some enjoy the challenge and root for an underdog or poor franchise. The boundaries of a State or Metropolitan area aren't really that important anymore since we can get every single game on our TV sets or computer and on our car radios ( satellite radio). We are no longer captive to the local teams broadcasts as in years past. We can now choose who we wish to root for. Isn't Buffalo closer to Pittsburg, Cincinnati, Toronto, and Cleveland than it is to New York City? Why be parochial about teams within a State boundary? Why not use distance in miles? I fail to see the point of the thread?
    Posted by Natick-Ned[/QUOTE]

Buffalo is in Western New York. Look it up!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo,_New_York

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from deck-ape-brett. Show deck-ape-brett's posts

[QUOTE]If New Jersey is considered a New York team than why isn't Hartford considered a Massachusetts team? Then you'd have to count all those dreadful Whalers teams, right?

We're talking about the futility of New York sports franchises, not Boston teams like the Patriots.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One hundred and ninty five years : We're talking about the futility of New York sports franchises, not Boston teams like the Patriots.

I think everyone other than you sees your thread as stupid and a poor attempt on your part.  Later Sus-pect, I'm heading to the stadium.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from deck-ape-brett. Show deck-ape-brett's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One hundred and ninty five years : I think everyone other than you sees your thread as stupid and a poor attempt on your part.  Later Sus-pect, I'm heading to the stadium.
    Posted by mikeyinthebronx[/QUOTE]

You mean the "castle" that was built with money stolen from the NY educational system? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from silversteinsox. Show silversteinsox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One hundred and ninty five years : Buffalo is in Western New York. Look it up! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo,_New_York

You missed his point. You go out of your way to lump all of the teams together in New York State for some reason but forget that NYC is 293 miles away from Buffalo. Closer to Buffalo is:

Toronto      60 mi.
    Cleveland   173
    Pittsburgh  178
    Detroit       216

Why are you lumping together titles for teams in NYC when you have four MLB, NBA, NHL, NFL teams that are closer than NYC?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from deck-ape-brett. Show deck-ape-brett's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One hundred and ninty five years : You missed his point. You go out of your way to lump all of the teams together in New York State for some reason but forget that NYC is 293 miles away from Buffalo. Closer to Buffalo is: Toronto      60 mi. Cleveland   173 Pittsburgh  178 Detroit       216 Why are you lumping together titles for teams in NYC when you have four MLB, NBA, NHL, NFL teams that are closer than NYC?
    Posted by silversteinsox[/QUOTE]

Since when is New York New York City dummy?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from deck-ape-brett. Show deck-ape-brett's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One hundred and ninty five years : You missed his point. You go out of your way to lump all of the teams together in New York State for some reason but forget that NYC is 293 miles away from Buffalo. Closer to Buffalo is: Toronto      60 mi. Cleveland   173 Pittsburgh  178 Detroit       216 Why are you lumping together titles for teams in NYC when you have four MLB, NBA, NHL, NFL teams that are closer than NYC?
    Posted by silversteinsox[/QUOTE]

And New York has ZERO NFL teams, two NHL teams and only one NBA team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasloco. Show losmediasloco's posts

Is it true that when you fly over New York State that you can see the State boundaries delineated in a distinct dark red color? Everything within those red boundaries is of extreme importance to this turkey.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from deck-ape-brett. Show deck-ape-brett's posts

[QUOTE]Is it true that when you fly over New York State that you can see the State boundaries delineated in a distinct dark red color? Everything within those red boundaries is of extreme importance to this turkey.
    Posted by losmediasloco[/QUOTE]

That is correct!

I'm an aviator and can see them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from deck-ape-brett. Show deck-ape-brett's posts

I wanted to thank all the Boston Red Sox fans for agreeing with my posts. You guys rock.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]I wanted to thank all the Boston Red Sox fans for agreeing with my posts. You guys rock.

You are truly a moron.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dangerfeld. Show Dangerfeld's posts

The Navy should be ashamed of themselves to commission this drunken fool who started this thread. Red boundary lines of NYS from the air??

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!  Heading downtown for dinner and drinks, later board.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRDerby. Show HRDerby's posts

this thread is loney

whatever lets you sleep at night. Whats next? championships per capita?

The way this thread is going I'm surprise you didn't include the Harlem Globbetrotters?