Ortiz and Drew and their 2013 contracts costing about 37 million for for 2013 will start the Season on the DL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: Ortiz and Drew and their 2013 contracts costing about 37 million for for 2013 will start the Season on the DL

Any update on who will be Boston's DH while Ortiz is out?  I am a huge NCAA basketball fan so I have been tied up with that lately.   LOL

How about Napoli being the DH for the time being?

Or Boston can bring back Manny from Taiwan.   LOL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Re: Ortiz and Drew and their 2013 contracts costing about 37 million for for 2013 will start the Season on the DL

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Any update on who will be Boston's DH while Ortiz is out?  I am a huge NCAA basketball fan so I have been tied up with that lately.   LOL

Who you got in the tourney IC?

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

It's been clear for a while that both these guys are DL Dumpsters. 

[/QUOTE]

Good lord...this is ridiculous.  Drew got hit in the head with a baseball and he has concussion symptoms, which are taken much more seriously than they once were.  Concussion means your brain got moved. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to bald-predictions' comment:

Hello bald-predictions   :)

I think Ohio State will win it.  How about you?   :)

I'm surprised that Miami was not a #1 seed.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Folks, you know when a poster is irrelevant on the merits when he starts calling someone on a message board "a racist". The justice brothers would be proud of this big chip on his shoulder poster.

I'm calling you what you are.

Someone has to defend the truth.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

No, you are calling me what the Left calls those who dare challenge the pandering for votes nonsense of social engineering, quotas and the deluded notion of a "check the box" race (see 2010 census question and childish terms for race such as, and I quote from the 2010 US census "black" "African-American" "Nego" "White et al and the insturction to "mark one or more boxes"

In reality, people who use these terms and reflexively use invective like "racist" are always bigots. In fact, the 2010 census question is embarrassingly bigoted.

Saying racism is not real, because race is arbitrary sounds like a racist trying to explain away his racism.

You've shown your true colors enough for everyone but BILL to see. Attacking the thruth teller is your MO; we all know that by now too.

It's funny how you throw the Racist word around freely, then claim it's been hijacked by leftists. You called me a racist for, I quote,  "lowballing" Papi by suggesting a $22M/2 offer with easily reached incentives last year, and now you are crying over a $26M/2 year deal, and calling Ben incompetent for going 2 years.

I agree it was a waste of money. I merely pointed out your numbers were wrong. Any logical self reflecting human being would have said something very simple like this, "I meant to say $37M for 2013 and 2014, but you get my point: we overpaid for two guys starting the year on the DL," or "Yes, it's only $24.5M for 2013 and $11M or more for 2014, but it's still a huge overpay." Why is it so hard to say that? Instead you attack me and imply I am arguing against your point, and then try and lawyer your way around the wording by pretending your thread title is still accurate. It clearly is not even close to being right, and you and everyone but BILL knows it.

The fact is we made a bunch of mistakes this winter, but stretching the numbers to exaggerate the effect is propaganda, and actually hurts your point: a point that doesn't need stretching to be accurate. Why is it so hard for you to tell the truth?

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Who cares about the exact amount? The bottom line is that they will both start the season on the DL.

The 2013 FA contracts were for about 37 million. The spin is to pretend that 25 million of those 2013 costs is on the disabled listis only a fraction of the near 37 million.

The fact is, and the point was clearly that this is embarrassing managment.

Also, I wanted to be the first objective poster who went right ahead and said these guys are already on the DL to start the season. No other outlet did it, waiting until after I did it and then doing these stupid daily briefings on two veterans who need a runway twice the length of most runways just to be able to keep from embarrassing themselves when they return to the active roster.

Of course management is embarrassing.   It's been that way with the sellout streak, the bad FA signings, and the piecemeal roster that Ben C throws together.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In response to bald-predictions' comment:

Hello bald-predictions   :)

I think Ohio State will win it.  How about you?   :)

I'm surprised that Miami was not a #1 seed.  

I'm picking Louisville this year, but rooting for my gators.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Good morning bald-predictions   :)

It is going to be a very exciting tournament because there is no heavy favorite.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Who cares about the exact amount? The bottom line is that they will both start the season on the DL.

The 2013 FA contracts were for about 37 million. The spin is to pretend that 25 million of those 2013 costs is on the disabled listis only a fraction of the near 37 million.

Also, I wanted to be the first objective poster who went right ahead and said these guys are already on the DL to start the season. No other outlet did it, waiting until after I did it and then doing these stupid daily briefings on two veterans who need a runway twice the length of most runways just to be able to keep from embarrassing themselves when they return to the active roster.

In order to do that you first have to be objective. The only reason Drew is on the DL is because of an unforseen injury suffered during spring training, not because of his previously injured ankle. Trying to predict the future is not ever objective, because no one can objectively "know" the future. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:

In order to do that you first have to be objective. The only reason Drew is on the DL is because of an unforseen injury suffered during spring training, not because of his previously injured ankle. Trying to predict the future is not ever objective, because no one can objectively "know" the future. 

The old softy once said, "I don't make predictions".

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Trying to predict the future is not ever objective, because no one can objectively "know" the future. 

In fact, it's not hard to predict the future on many issues. For example, the promises of entitlements will be defaulted and called "reforms". Also, the value of the dollar will set records in terms of percentage inflation and will make fuel and food put more people into poverty and on the government Ward rolls.

Anyone notice how the board shill's "you are a racist" comment remains up, while my comments are censored. And that should tell you all you need to know about censorship. 

Truth is not censored.

Try it sometimes, and maybe your threads may last a while longer.

(By the way, I agree that the censorship here is unfair and 99-100% uncalled for.)

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Trying to predict the future is not ever objective, because no one can objectively "know" the future. 

In fact, it's not hard to predict the future on many issues. For example, the promises of entitlements will be defaulted and called "reforms". Also, the value of the dollar will set records in terms of percentage inflation and will make fuel and food put more people into poverty and on the government Ward rolls.

Anyone notice how the board shill's "you are a racist" comment remains up, while my comments are censored. And that should tell you all you need to know about censorship. 

That much is true. I think I can accurately predict that you will start at least 3 new threads a week bashing the Red Sox players and management until your next banning. I can also predict with a high degree of certainty that you will go off on a random political tangent at least 3 times per day. Finally I would be completely comfortable predicting that you will call someone that disagrees with you a mental midget on at least a daily basis. :-)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Truth is censored, and don't patronize me with "try it sometimes".

It wasn't patronizing: it was sincere advice.