Ortiz considering skipping the World Baseball Classic

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Ortiz considering skipping the World Baseball Classic

That would be SMART......  Heck, when the HEEL goes for good, it should be on MLB/RED SOX time !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

There's no point Ortiz playing in WBC.  He got his new contract, he's just getting out of injury, just tasted one of the worst season in team history.  He should be focusing on getting healthy and losing few lbs this winter

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Memo to David:  Do not play in the WBC.  Repeat, do not play in the WBC.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Smart move by Ortiz.

Too bad Dice-K is not as smart and decided to throw a crap-load of innings during the WBC which is a meaningless event.  

Conclusion: Ortiz gets a contract and Dice-K can hang out with Valentine.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I'm a big supporter of what the WBC can become, but it would be crazy for Ortiz to risk it and crazy for the Sox to allow it (if they have the power).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm a big supporter of what the WBC can become, but it would be crazy for Ortiz to risk it and crazy for the Sox to allow it (if they have the power).

[/QUOTE]

I like the WBC as well Sonics.  But I hate the timing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

With an Achilles problem, it is not wise for him to play in the WBC.  If he did, and he would have all the hatres toward him from the fans!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The last thing I want to see is a top Red Sox player injured from a WBC game.  

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, terrible timing.  Trouble is, when?  After the WS in a warm place?  That's a long season for the best (read:  most costly) players....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I would rather NO player from the Sox or Reds participate. Dice K's carreer was basically ended IMO by the 2009 WBC.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would rather NO player from the Sox or Reds participate. Dice K's carreer was basically ended IMO by the 2009 WBC.

[/QUOTE]

feel the same way. times with the dice man were good until that fateful WBC.... it was all downhill from there

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, terrible timing.  Trouble is, when?  After the WS in a warm place?  That's a long season for the best (read:  most costly) players....

[/QUOTE]

WBC should be played ONLY when there is a strike in MLB.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Unlike Dice-K, Papi knows where his paycheck comes from. Good choice.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Unlike Dice-K, Papi knows where his paycheck comes from. Good choice.

[/QUOTE]

wasn't it in dice-Ks contract that he needed to play for japan in the WBC?? could be wrong about that though

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

A GOOD IDEA!  NOTHING GOOD HAS COME FOR THE RS FROM THIS ANNUAL EVENT...USUALLY,

ONLY INJURY!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

Ortiz needs to just keep skipping into rehab and be ready to rip it up next season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to never1954's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ortiz needs to just keep skipping into rehab and be ready to rip it up next season.

[/QUOTE]

judging by how fit he was coming into ST last season i would say its a safe bet. he wants to stay in the game as long as he can and has the drive to do so. i like to call it the Ray Lewis effect LOL

hes lost weight the past couple years. if he keeps it up this offseason he'll be stealing 10-20 bags in 2013!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Having players in the WBC, all-star games, etc. is more about advertising than actual baseball. I would really prefer no one played in games that had nothing to do with the season, especially in the beginning of the season when it could change everything for a player and a team. I think MLB has enough money.