ORTIZ!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lmitaly. Show lmitaly's posts

ORTIZ!!!

It's hard to put into words what this guy has meant to this team. He is "our Papi".  It used to be Jim Rice for me but no one can come close to David Ortiz and all he has done and meant to this team. Hall of Famer no question for me. I know I'm bias but please give him his due. Now let's win this damn thing and get the party started!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: ORTIZ!!!

Hell yeah. I obviously don't  know what  he said (and knowing Papi, it was R-rated), but I loved that he gathered the guys in the dugout for a pep talk. And if memory serves, wasn't it before the top of the sixth when Jonny homered?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lmitaly. Show lmitaly's posts

In response to LionSean's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to LloydDobler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hell yeah. I obviously don't  know what  he said (and knowing Papi, it was R-rated), but I loved that he gathered the guys in the dugout for a pep talk. And if memory serves, wasn't it before the top of the sixth when Jonny homered?

[/QUOTE]

All the reports say he told them to loosen up and have fun. That they play their best when they are loose. Maybe he should say the same to the BDC board?

[/QUOTE]

I agree this board is ridiculous. Why can't we as fans enjoy all the Sox have done this year?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yup, it was the middle of the fifth, after he doubled and scored the tying run.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yup, it was the middle of the fifth, after he doubled and scored the tying run.

[/QUOTE]

Ortiz scored that tying run on a sacrifice fly by Drew. Ya know, the same Drew who gets heaps of criticism but when he scores a runner only the runner gets the credit.

[/QUOTE]

Lighten up, man!

We're all here to have fun, remember?

"Maybe he should say the same to the BDC board?"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

any bets the Sox are having way more fun than some of the 'fans' in this forum?

[/QUOTE]

The only Sox 'fans' not having fun are the Ortiz-haters.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe 11h

The Globe's Jim Davis with a shot of @davidortiz carrying off @TeamUehara after the #RedSox win:

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I would like to respond to what John Dennis from the D & C morning show on WEEI said about David Ortiz. I quote him. "David Ortiz suks when he plays the field instead of being the DH."

Well Mr. Dennis, I have been told that garlic helps the taste when one is stuffing ones mouth with crow.

8-11 with papi playing 1st base.

schmeklebendah.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

The only Sox 'fans' not having fun are the Ortiz-haters.

[/QUOTE]

I dunno. I read some of the comments from the game last night. Didn't look like those 'fans' were having much fun. also read the we hate clay comments. didn't sound like those 'fans' were having fun either.

[/QUOTE]

There's always a lot of complaining during game threads.  Everybody's happy when we win though.

Hating on any any player is wrong.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Name another Sox 'legend' that has done what Ortiz has done.  2 World Series titles and a good shot at another one....  Nope...not the 'legendary' Yaz, Williams, Doer, Pesky, Rice, Fisk, Evan etc......  Sorry guys but it's true...he's the BIGGEST 'legend' this team has had in all of our lifetimes.....bar none.  He's done what the others never could do...or come close to doing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Papi is a GOD with the bat.  and seems to be a great teammate and great to kids.  dude is everything you can want in a ballplayer.....even with the "this is our bleeping city"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

That pep talk last night was amazing.  

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]

All the reports say he told them to loosen up and have fun. That they play their best when they are loose. Maybe he should say the same to the BDC board?

[/QUOTE]

Amen to that, brother. I obviously hope we  close it out, but if we don't, I'll  still consider this seaosn very enjoyable and  a smashing success.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Name another Sox 'legend' that has done what Ortiz has done.  2 World Series titles and a good shot at another one....  Nope...not the 'legendary' Yaz, Williams, Doer, Pesky, Rice, Fisk, Evan etc......  Sorry guys but it's true...he's the BIGGEST 'legend' this team has had in all of our lifetimes.....bar none.  He's done what the others never could do...or come close to doing.

[/QUOTE]

don't think you can compare them. those dudes all played positions in the field as well as be big sluggers. Papi is not playing tough field positions and has the benefit of rest between innings. thats not hating on papi that making observations. I love what he's done for the team but only difference is I don't feel he is a baseball god like others. everyone has their opinion.

[/QUOTE]

Papi has played the field the last 2 games and his numbers are insane.  Face it.....you're wrong Mr. 806.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

They need to remane Boston to The Big Papi!