Oswalt to Angels?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Oswalt to Angels?

I wish the Red Sox would pick up Oswalt at least a bonafide pitcher already for one of the backend spots in the rotation. MLB Trade Rumors says that the Angels are serious suitors for Oswalt. He is a free agent with no compensation as opposedbto trading young talent for a pitcher. Its only money Mr. Henry.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Oswalt to Angels?

In Response to Oswalt to Angels?:
    [QUOTE]I wish the Red Sox would pick up Oswalt at least a bonafide pitcher already for one of the backend spots in the rotation. MLB Trade Rumors says that the Angels are serious suitors for Oswalt. He is a free agent with no compensation as opposedbto trading young talent for a pitcher. Its only money Mr. Henry.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

From what I read, money isn't the issue. It's that Oswalt is too much of a chickenchit to want to come to Boston and compete in the A.L. East.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Does it matter ???  What has Oswalt ever done since his youthful days in DELEY PLAZA  ????  He is in the twilight of his game......  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Oswalt to Angels?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oswalt to Angels? : I never read that I was under the impression that geography ruled not even the big salary in the big ballpark that detroit offered somebody tell bobby the yanks just won in the 10th
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

I was overstating it, but the point was that it had to do the team (geography or whatever) rather than money.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Enough with the royboners. his back will stiffen month(s) into the season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Oswalt doesnt even want to play ball...no fire in the belly - pass on him and stick with bard, felix, aceves, and a healthy dice

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

MLB Trade rumors site. response to "Re: Oswalt to Angels?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oswalt to Angels? : I never read that I was under the impression that geography ruled not even the big salary in the big ballpark that detroit offered somebody tell bobby the yanks just won in the 10th Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Oswalt doesnt even want to play ball...no fire in the belly - pass on him and stick with bard, felix, aceves, and a healthy dice
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

I'm mixed about him. If he was pitching up to his potential, I'd say get him. But to be honest, I'm inclined to agree with you about his desire.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Not really interested in oswalt I would rather some combo of bard and cook.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Check it the Angels have intensified their interest in him thats why there is a question mark on the post Yankee. MLBtraderumor.com. Its under the Angel Team Posts, titled Angels intensifying their efforts for Oswalt. n response to "Re: Oswalt to Angels?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oswalt to Angels? : I don't think so Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Who knows why Roy Oswalt might not be interested in the Red Sox?

Perhaps Oswalt perceives a lack of professionalism in the organization.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]Who knows why Roy Oswalt might not be interested in the Red Sox? Perhaps Oswalt perceives a lack of professionalism in the organization.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Maybe he doesn't care for bobby v either.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]Who knows why Roy Oswalt might not be interested in the Red Sox? Perhaps Oswalt perceives a lack of professionalism in the organization.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Hill55,
    sorry but your opin above is below your standards...come on man, you're better than that trollish remark.

Oswalt has already stated that he is and was still in the process of deciding if he wanted to play for anyone this year. So with that said, as a free agent he can chose to pitch whereever he want and if he makes the decision to get off the couch, my guess is that he'll want to sign on to a team that will allow him to 1st get himself in game shape and one that offer him the best chance to win without his needing to carry the full load of 33 start-200 inning season. His chronic back woes are at the heart of why he has contemplated retiring and one that gives every team pause when discussing his signing.

If he choses not to sign with the Sox, your opin above will have nothing to do with it...Here we are, on the cusp of the season begining and Oswalt's still on the market...can't believe it's due to lack of interest by every team...I also don't think that there's 10 teams beating down the door to throw 10's of millions at the guy to persuade him from hanging up his spikes either...Frankly at this point in his career he's a organizational depth guy at best with an occasinal flash of day's gone bye to keep teams interested. If I were a betting man I'd pace the odds as high that he signs with a team in the NL central (St. Louis?)...the longer he's on the sidelines the more and more I could see him just waiting for the Phillies to have a need and then take a month down in AAA to ready himslef to help down the stretch...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oswalt to Angels? : Hill55, sorry but your opin above is below your standards...come on man, you're better than that trollish remark. Oswalt has already stated that he is and was still in the process of deciding if he wanted to play for anyone this year. So with that said, as a free agent he can chose to pitch whereever he want and if he makes the decision to get off the couch, my guess is that he'll want to sign on to a team that will allow him to 1st get himself in game shape and one that offer him the best chance to win without his needing to carry the full load of 33 start-200 inning season. His chronic back woes are at the heart of why he has contemplated retiring and one that gives every team pause when discussing his signing. If he choses not to sign with the Sox, your opin above will have nothing to do with it...Here we are, on the cusp of the season begining and Oswalt's still on the market...can't believe it's due to lack of interest by every team...I also don't think that there's 10 teams beating down the door to throw 10's of millions at the guy to persuade him from hanging up his spikes either...Frankly at this point in his career he's a organizational depth guy at best with an occasinal flash of day's gone bye to keep teams interested. If I were a betting man I'd pace the odds as high that he signs with a team in the NL central (St. Louis?)...the longer he's on the sidelines the more and more I could see him just waiting for the Phillies to have a need and then take a month down in AAA to ready himslef to help down the stretch...
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

And you know this to be a fact from the many conversations you've had with oswalt over tea and crumpets?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Oswalt to Angels?:
    [QUOTE]I wish the Red Sox would pick up Oswalt at least a bonafide pitcher already for one of the backend spots in the rotation. MLB Trade Rumors says that the Angels are serious suitors for Oswalt. He is a free agent with no compensation as opposedbto trading young talent for a pitcher. Its only money Mr. Henry.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Oswalt is sooooooo good he's still a free agent.Last team standing gets him...