Ozzie apologizes for what???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Re: Ozzie apologizes for what???

"Latino" is a contrived political classification.

Castro doesn't have to demonized, he is, in fact, a demon.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

In Response to Re: Ozzie apologizes for what???:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ozzie apologizes for what??? : You know, just cause you cheer for the bad guys doesn't mean you can't be a good guy. didn't the Yanks win tonight too?
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    Merci beaucoup, Monsieur Car-naaay....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ozzie apologizes for what??? : Merci beaucoup, Monsieur Car-naaay....
    Posted by teilhardian[/QUOTE]je ne de rien de pas

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ozzie apologizes for what??? : je ne de rien de pas
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    Clear proof that the man is an intellectual...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ozzie apologizes for what??? : Clear proof that the man is an intellectual...
    Posted by teilhardian[/QUOTE]I wouldn't exactly call me an intellectual. I wasn't even aware that there were any Jesuits who were also evolutionary biologists. I just happen to be part Acadian so I know a little French.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Posted by teilhardian[/QUOTE]

"the repressive censorship at work here is sad...Never dare challenge the dominant culture where Castro is demonized for lifting his people out of an economic abyss, and surviving despite a crippling US embargo for years....
         A manager should be able to at least express a political opinion without being vilified and threatened with the loss of his job....It is a shame Ozzie has to lower himself to the level of bowing to the right-wing in Miami, but that is where we are today in the land of the free...."
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

great post! you have my repect with this. no you cant say something in america other than tow the party line about "our troops" fighting for freedom" when it really means using largely poor and brainwashed youth committing genocide all over the globe so billionaires can get richer.

castro is virtually the only person who had been able to stand up to u.s. attempt to overthrow prior to 2,000 (starting what 60 years ago turning back the u.s. led coup). since then, several in south america have dared to not do what u.s. corporate interests want and actually work for the betterment of their own country.

re ozzie in miami, you are right. if you are a public fiuure and do nto toe the line, you are a candidate to literally be blown up (while the state and fed govt stands by and does nothing about it before or after. if you think this is hyperbole, use your search engine. unlike cia created fake arab terrorists, these are real terrosits. kind of like the u.s. govt. 

terrorist in the u.s. means anyone who disagrees with u.s. govt policy.
    new laws are targeting peace activists like womens international league for peace and freedom, etc.

on my facebook page ive addressed many of the laws and policies that have completed the creation of a "1984" (look it up in your search engine) in the u.s. in 2012.

(one crazy example, cameras have been created within tvs and computers to watch you while you watch tv. think im crazy. this is not even a govt secret).

teihardian, again, respect.

peace

brd/bred

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Though I disagree with what Guillen said, I believe he should only apologize if he is truly sorry for saying it. None of this "I'm sorry to those who were offended" nonsense.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

i dont think he should. if he does not he will be fired and risks his life in miami

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ozzie apologizes for what??? : I wouldn't exactly call me an intellectual. I wasn't even aware that there were any Jesuits who were also evolutionary biologists. I just happen to be part Acadian so I know a little French.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    Well, if you are wondering about me, Monsieur Carnay, I have won the Annual Card-Carrying Intellectual of the Year Award, given out by that brilliant website, cardcarryinggeniuses.com for 3 years in a row...I am disappointed, however, that this year's award dinner is being held in Reno...Looks like somebody in their planning department is looking for a quickie divorce...How depressing...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Ozzie apologizes for what???": I don't think any would argue that Castro is a good person.
    Posted by RSF4Life234[/QUOTE]

castro is one of teh greatest leaders of the last 100 years.
    however only someone who knows actual history, not the propaganda that most americans "know".

nelson mandela was on the bad list too, until the political tide turned about aparthied in sout africa (in america apartheid is ok), otherwise you would "know" that he ate babies, raped women, mass murdered innnocents , you know the "facts" that the u.s. govt creates.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ozzie apologizes for what??? : Well, if you are wondering about me, Monsieur Carnay, I have won the Annual Card-Carrying Intellectual of the Year Award, given out by that brilliant website, cardcarryinggeniuses.com for 3 years in a row...I am disappointed, however, that this year's award dinner is being held in Reno...Like somebody in their planning department is looking for a quickie divorce...How depressing...
    Posted by teilhardian[/QUOTE]I think I still have my mensa card somewhere...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Ozzy is an idiot who just ended his career in Miami before it even started. He met with Chavez in Venazuela and said he "liked him". He then praised Castro in Cuba for staying in office so long. Ummmm.....he did that by eliminating all freedoms for the Cuban people, many of whose relatives live in Miami. They don't appreciate anyone praising the man who's name is the ONLY NAME ALLOWED ON THE VOTING BALLOT. Anyone speaking a negative word against Castro is subject to immediate arrest. People are imprisoned for years without due process, and, let me reiterate, many have loved ones living in Miami. How stupid can this man be? He's gravely insulted a huge ethnic community, exactly when the team just opened it's stunning new stadium built for almost $525 million dollars. Oh hell no! This fool has to go!! His career is now over in Miami, and I suspect he well know's it. He'll grovel to the media, like he did after expressing his "like" of Hugo Chavez, but this time it won't fly. His career just died, slain by his big, stupid, drunken mouth. The next manager will be the one enjoying the brand new shiny stadium, with the world class championship caliber team to go along with it. Wowsa! What a shockingly stupid way to end a career.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Trust me I am the Biggest free speech guy around.....he should apologize tho. He made pro Castro remarks in a heavy Cuban town. I dont have a problem because no one is forcing him to apologize. No one is yanking sponsorship or boycotting, he wont be fired, no dumb special interest group is going way overboard and demanding an apology without a discussion (if any of those things happened I would have a problem). He should apologize because its the right thing and he hurt a lot of people's feelings who liked him as the manager 
    Posted by RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks[/QUOTE]

the cubans in miami that will be upset are the right wing and largely the richest and most corrupt who left because they could no longer "own" cuba (and their children of course). they do not stand for all cubans, but you cannot say anything contrary to their party line or you may end up dead, certainly blackballed in the community. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Ozzy is an idiot who just ended his career in Miami before it even started. He met with Chavez in Venazuela and said he "liked him". He then praised Castro in Cuba for staying in office so long. Ummmm.....he did that by eliminating all freedoms for the Cuban people, many of whose relatives live in Miami. They don't appreciate anyone praising the man who's name is the ONLY NAME ALLOWED ON THE VOTING BALLOT. Anyone speaking a negative word against Castro is subject to immediate arrest. People are imprisoned for years without due process, and, let me reiterate, many have loved ones living in Miami. How stupid can this man be? He's gravely insulted a huge ethnic community, exactly when the team just opened it's stunning new stadium built for almost $525 million dollars. Oh hell no! This fool has to go!! His career is now over in Miami, and I suspect he well know's it. He'll grovel to the media, like he did after expressing his "like" of Hugo Chavez, but this time it won't fly. His career just died, slain by his big, stupid, drunken mouth. The next manager will be the one enjoying the brand new shiny stadium, with the world class championship caliber team to go along with it. Wowsa! What a shockingly stupid way to end a career.
    Posted by Teakus[/QUOTE]

chaveez and castro are 2 rare heros who have been able to turn back corporitocracy and it's impoverishment of 2nd and 3rd world countries around the world.

if a govt did any of what we have done to other nations (not even including mass murder and assassination), most of our citezens would be literally starving today.

the truth is something you are not allowed to have in "america".

you need not stay asleep.
    you can learn.
    it wil take soem time.
    but today is a good day to start.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ozzie apologizes for what??? : castro is one of teh greatest leaders of the last 100 years. however only someone who knows actual history, not the propaganda that most americans "know". nelson mandela was on the bad list too, until the political tide turned about aparthied in sout africa (in america apartheid is ok), otherwise you would "know" that he ate babies, raped women, mass murdered innnocents , you know the "facts" that the u.s. govt creates.
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

First of all no one that gassed their own people is a great leader as Castro did. Nelson Mandela was on the bad list because originally he embraced violence went to prison and then reformed before he helped to reform south africa. The mistake is to make history black and white, but to say that Castro is a good person is absolute foolishness, the difference between you and me is that im not saying hes the devil, there is a lot grey area in the world.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ozzie apologizes for what??? : First of all no one that gassed their own people is a great leader as Castro did. Nelson Mandela was on the bad list because originally he embraced violence went to prison and then reformed before he helped to reform south africa. The mistake is to make history black and white, but to say that Castro is a good person is absolute foolishness, the difference between you and me is that im not saying hes the devil, there is a lot grey area in the world.
    Posted by RSF4Life234[/QUOTE]

"First of all no one that gassed their own people"

there it is on cue. i imagine you can read what i wrote.
    trot out the govt propaganda on cue

i have spent over 2 decades finding out the truth about foreign and domestic happenings.
    you are repeating govt propaganda and are not even aware of it.

youve got a lot of work to do to begin to find any "truth"about any of this.

discussion here will be completely pointless adn like talking to a wall.

ive given you the impetus. if you care about truth, you can begin the very long journey to that.

good luck
    and peace

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ozzie apologizes for what??? : I wouldn't exactly call me an intellectual. I wasn't even aware that there were any Jesuits who were also evolutionary biologists. I just happen to be part Acadian so I know a little French.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    Very cool. Acadians have a rich heritage, as you know, carnie...One of my all-time fave Band songs is "Acadian Driftwood", a haunting retelling of Le Grand Derangement (or Great Upheaval) and it is for my money one of the best historical laments composed in the rock-and-roll era. The song, about the forced expulsion and deportation of Acadians from Nova Scotia by the British in the mid-18th century, stays with you long after you hear it...Here is a link to the song, with some nice historical tableaus in the video, as well as a relevant Wiki-link....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ozzie apologizes for what??? : Very cool. Acadians have a rich heritage, as you know, carnie...One of my all-time fave Band songs, a haunting retelling of Le Grand Derangement (or Great Upheaval) is for my money one of the best historical laments composed in the rock-and-roll era. The song, about the forced expulsion and deportation of Acadians from Nova Scotia by the British in the mid-18th century, stays with you long after you hear it...Here is a link to the song, with some nice historical tableaus in the video, as well as a relevant Wiki-link.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te7KW4K-00E http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Upheaval
    Posted by teilhardian[/QUOTE]As anyone can see, the man is a true intellectual. I reckon someone in that band was Acadian, Robbie Robertson? Levon Helm? Anyway that's probably my favorite Robbie Robertson song ever. Another great lament of the acadians is Evangeline by Longfellow. http://www.gov.ns.ca/legislature/library/digitalcollection/bookface.stm
    You've probably read it, but I've included a link for those who maybe haven't. An interesting thing I learned in grade school French is that Acadian and Cajun are the same word. Ma mere's famille only ever got as south as Maine, but I've always liked the thought that I might have relatives in Louisiana.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ozzie apologizes for what??? : As anyone can see, the man is a true intellectual. I reckon someone in that band was Acadian, Robbie Robertson? Levon Helm? Anyway that's probably my favorite Robbie Robertson song ever. Another great lament of the acadians is Evangeline by Longfellow. http://www.gov.ns.ca/legislature/library/digitalcollection/bookface.stm You've probably read it, but I've included a link for those who maybe haven't. An interesting thing I learned in grade school French is that Acadian and Cajun are the same word. Ma mere's famille only ever got as south as Maine, but I've always liked the thought that I might have relatives in Louisiana.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    Not sure, but probably one of them is Acadian...It is just such an amazing ballad...If you let yourself even think about what those people endured, it's hard not to feel a tear well up in your eye when you listen to it... 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ozzie apologizes for what??? : Not sure, but probably one of them is Acadian...It is just such an amazing ballad...If you let yourself even think about what those people endured, it's hard not to feel a tear well up in your eye when you listen to it... 
    Posted by teilhardian[/QUOTE]I almost started my last post with thank you for making me cry.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ozzie apologizes for what??? : I almost started my last post with thank you for making me cry.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    God bless you guy...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ozzie apologizes for what??? : God bless you guy...
    Posted by teilhardian[/QUOTE]Dieu vous bénisse aussi

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Etes vous Acadien?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from speakertim. Show speakertim's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ozzie apologizes for what??? : " First of all no one that gassed their own people" there it is on cue. i imagine you can read what i wrote. trot out the govt propaganda on cue i have spent over 2 decades finding out the truth about foreign and domestic happenings. you are repeating govt propaganda and are not even aware of it. youve got a lot of work to do to begin to find any "truth"about any of this. discussion here will be completely pointless adn like talking to a wall. ive given you the impetus. if you care about truth, you can begin the very long journey to that. good luck and peace
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

I find it sad that those that support the Castro government find it necessary to dismiss those that disagree with them.  Rather than support your argument with any relevent evidence.  Why must you call the Cubans in Miami that have personal experience with Castro "right wing"?  Are you Cuban?  Do you have family in Cuba?  Have you ever lived in Cuba?  Do you really know what Che and Castro did to the Cuban people?  Or is your information derived from books in universities?  Until you have walked a mile in there shoes... 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ozzie apologizes for what??? : I find it sad that those that support the Castro government find it necessary to dismiss those that disagree with them.  Rather than support your argument with any relevent evidence.  Why must you call the Cubans in Miami that have personal experience with Castro "right wing"?  Are you Cuban?  Do you have family in Cuba?  Have you ever lived in Cuba?  Do you really know what Che and Castro did to the Cuban people?  Or is your information derived from books in universities?  Until you have walked a mile in there shoes... 
    Posted by speakertim[/QUOTE]Etes vous Acadien?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

My parents are from Ireland, carnie, so I have little patience for British colonial tyranny or any kind of colonial tyranny, including the more contemporary version of same that we see with US global hegemony today...I have a lot of ancestors who were victims of the Great Hunger in Ireland from 1845-1852 when England exported potatoes while the Irish starved to death, and quite a number of later Caseys and Murphys who were part of the Irish rebellion...In this era we have had pharmaceutical companies fighting the right of African governments to make generic versions of HIV medication because it would cut into their profits, while the non-generic medication is not affordable by any means...So what if thousands die as a result...Just a snippet of the insanity when the Almighty Dollar rules all...
         But I will try to keep from getting any more political here..It is a baseball forum, after all...The Ozzie thing just got my goat and I felt like I had to say something...
         BTW, carnie, one of my favorite a cappella singing groups, the Roches, also did a lovely cover of "Acadian Driftwood"...I gotta get up for work tomorrow, so I am off to bed...Have a good night, my man...