Padres' Carlos Quentin to appeal eight-game ban for brawl with Zack Greinke, Dodgers

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Re: Padres' Carlos Quentin to appeal eight-game ban for brawl with Zack Greinke, Dodgers

Except for that the fact that if he had any kind of a brain inside that head of his he would have known without a doubt that in that game situation (1 run lead, runner on first, 3-2 count on the batter) there is no way in hell anyone is going to intentionally hit someone. It was a straight up HBP and he screwed his team, himself and took out a pitcher for 2 months with his immature and reactionary behavoir. Why would any pitcher IHB someone and put a runner in scoring position with a 1 run lead? Oh that's right, they wouldn't unless they wanted to write their ticket right down to the minors. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: Padres' Carlos Quentin to appeal eight-game ban for brawl with Zack Greinke, Dodgers

I have ZERO respect for anyone who uses his fists to express his anger.  Quentin could have just yelled back at Greinke and walk to first base. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Quentin is an idiot.

He is among the active leaders in HBP and gets hit all the time because he crowds the plate and does not move out.   He has been plunked 116 times, alot considering he is only 30 and has only been in MLB for 8 years.   And only twice in those 8 years has he ever played more than 118 games, and never more than 131.   If Quentin actually played 162 games per yer, he would average 26 HBP's per season.  ( All time leader Don Baylor only averaged 19HBP per 162 game season.)   So maybe the problem was not Greinke, who was probably not intentionally throwing at Quentin on a 3-2 count in a one run game.

Then again, self-control has bnever been Quentin's strongsuit.  This is a guy who once ended an MVP-caliber season by punching his bat and breaking his wrist.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The guy hangs over the plate and gets hit about 25 times a year on average.

With a 3-2 count in a 2-1 ballgame and a runner on 1b, even bush leaguers know its not intentional...its baseball 101. Now, if its was 1st or 2nd pitch, maybe...not the 6th or 7th pitch of ab AB.

Quentin should be suspended more than 8 games IMO, but I know it will never happen. They better hold up the 8 games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Hockeymomsrule's comment:

Except for that the fact that if he had any kind of a brain inside that head of his he would have known without a doubt that in that game situation (1 run lead, runner on first, 3-2 count on the batter) there is no way in hell anyone is going to intentionally hit someone. It was a straight up HBP and he screwed his team, himself and took out a pitcher for 2 months with his immature and reactionary behavoir. Why would any pitcher IHB someone and put a runner in scoring position with a 1 run lead? Oh that's right, they wouldn't unless they wanted to write their ticket right down to the minors. 

Oddly enough, Quentin has 3 HRs and a .932 against Greinke, as well as 3 HBP.

The rest of the team has combined for -0- HRs and -0- HBP.  And Greinke has very good control.

Or, put another way, I think Greinke hits one batter every 200 ABs, and he hits Quentin every 10 ABs.  I can't read the guy's mind, but I doubt the ball continues to slip out of Greinke's hand against Quentin, and against no one else.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to Hockeymomsrule's comment:

Oddly enough, Quentin has 3 HRs and a .932 against Greinke, as well as 3 HBP.

The rest of the team has combined for -0- HRs and -0- HBP.  And Greinke has very good control.

Or, put another way, I think Greinke hits one batter every 200 ABs, and he hits Quentin every 10 ABs.  I can't read the guy's mind, but I doubt the ball continues to slip out of Greinke's hand against Quentin, and against no one else.

In that situation, I hardly think he was trying to hit him. Grienke likes the inside part of the plate and CQ hangs over, and tries to take that away from pitchers. Thats why he gets beaned so much. If it was a 1st or 2nd pitch i could see it, but not the 6th or 7th pitch.