Paterno Family Don't Get It, and Just Won't Stop Either

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re: Paterno Family Don't Get It, and Just Won't Stop Either

Jefferson was part of a group of men who helped elevate the state to a position that religion once held. As religion lost temporal, worldly power, the state gained it. Our country is an example of this change. The founders feared the divisiveness that had caused various branches of chritianity to literally be at war with each other. They saw the danger of competeing religions holding sway over the various groups of people in a united country. They correctly saw the danger of any one religious faith taking over the workings of government. They rightly saw religion as something that should not be concerned with the world and it's politics, but with people's personal lives. That is why they made sure that there was a strict separation of church and state.

"Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong."
    - Thomas Jefferson

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

That is why they made sure that there was a strict separation of church and state

You don't know what you are talking about, and are likely aping a life of Statists' inculcation. There is no separation of church and state, at all. There is an establishment clause to prevent a particular religious denomination from being the official State religion, and there is an entanglement clause that prevents the body politic from becoming so involved with a religious denomiation that it becomes entangled with it. The body politic, to this day, still officially reflects the influence of judeo-christian tenets, despite the collectivists' agenda to remove it under the false pretense that the Constitution forbids it.  

You are one of the small minds who defames Jefferson with specious bugaboo of ignorance.

The guy is a secular progressive, need I say more?  Your explanation of the seperation of church and state is correct.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

He's a secular regressive, repeating the failed, for thousands of years, ideolgies of mankind. Jefferson's own written words expose these populist pandering demagogues.

You are correct.  They try over and over and always fail. My daughter-in-law was born in a communist country.  Women had to go to work after a month of giving birth or go to jail.  Why, because everyone had to be the same. If one woman had to work all women had to work.

She doesn't have any baby pictures because no one could own cameras, same reason, one person couldn't own a camera so no one could.  That's fair after all, at least progressives feel that way. Level playing field, spread the wealth and so one.

She and my son have a baby.  Her mother said the baby resembles her when she was a baby but my daugher-in-law will never know in what way because there are no baby pictures. Her mother apologized for not having pictures.  How sad.

I told her about the NSA, internet, skyp, etc.  She had a horrified look on her face, she said that's what china does.  Scary times. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

There is a strict separation of church and state.

"Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong."
    - Thomas Jefferson

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Here is a link to a letter written by Thomas Jefferson in which he addresses the issue of separation of church and state.

http://www.constitution.org/tj/sep_church_state.htm

- Thomas Jefferson

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

How many monikers can one poster have?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

I shill for Mad Magazine.

- Thomas Jefferson

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

The predictable redundant NYT excuse; if this was the Limbaugh Review these bans would still occur.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

I have one.

How many for you?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to toccooa's comment:

Amazing how heavy handed the censorship propanda is. This guy "devildavid" and his "they can practice their religoion in jail" are the words that are preserved for readers, to make sure that the readers only get to read this NYT shill.

Highlighted is a classic example of propaganda. Absolutely no basis in fact and meant to get an emotional reaction from the reader to make them come to a conclusion about me that the propagandist wants.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Nest step is to repeat the lie until it becomes true.

- Thomas Jefferson

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

I have one.

How many for you?

1; just me

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

I have one.

How many for you?

[/QUOTE]

Tell me about your avatar and name.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I have one.

How many for you?

1; just me

That's what I thought. Just seeing if I could trip you up if you turned out to be pike. Laughing

That and checking to see if you have me on ignore.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

I have one.

How many for you?

Tell me about your avatar and name.

Avatar I'll start with a hint... If you don't know what it is, you might be lost.

I've changed avatars several times. My original was a widely yawning cat, but the suggestion was that it was going to bite you. Some folks found it creepy. Jete liked it.

My screen name was pretty much picked out of thin air. I was probably watching or reading something science based, either fiction or non, I take in a fair amount of both, something to do with microbes maybe, and I thought it sounded like a cool screen name. By some miracle I've been able to hang on to it for nearly four years.

Oh, yeah, if you haven't guessed yet, it's a compass rose. I've also seen it called a navigation star. This one suits me pretty well being a long time land surveyor and ameteur sailor.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to iaresdnccopper's comment:

The need to remove the Chaplain from the government payroll, based on strict separation of church and state. They also need to remove references to God, from the currency, based on strict separation of church and state.

WELCOME, NEW POSTER!! Just a word of warning - this is a Communist forum; say something naughty, or even innocent, and you shall be purged in Stalinesqe fashion.