Pedey and Pedro, the Perfect Pair

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Pedey and Pedro, the Perfect Pair

Is this pre-mature? I don't think so. Ciriaco has all the qualities that Pedroia showed when (and before) he came up. No, he will not put many dents in the monster seats, but he has shiwn the winning intangibles that winners always show.

Maybe time for the Red Sox PR people to make some hay. And, I think, Bobby V. already knows all this better than anyone!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Pedey and Pedro, the Perfect Pair

That was why Boston mentioned last week about that they are looking for a starting pitcher and SS.   There were few fans starting to feel puzzle on why Boston need a SS if they already have Aviles and Prunto.  Boston knew Aviles isnt a great defensive SS, but he is an good overall player such as he can hit, throw, etc., and one thing he cant do is to reach for the ball that goes between 3B/SS or SS/2B.  Ciriaco is the guy can do those things.

So it is more likely that B.V. could play him there more often, and put either Prunto or Aviles on the trading market.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Ciriaco = The New Yankee Killer   Cool

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Pedro is reserved for "The Pedro"  ... Ciriaco needs a nother nickname.

I nominate "Rocco" ...

But he does look great.  The question is, can he withstand the mental pounding he will get when he slumps (and he will slump, like ANY player).   Boston eats young guys alive. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

soxmeister, if you can torch the Yankees like he did under the media spotlight, playing for Boston is simple. If CC torched the Yankees the way Ciriaco has, he'd be the toast of the town too. Play well, you get rewarded. Play like a whiny, overpaid, damaged goods, prima donna, then expect to be grilled by the media.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In Response to Re: Pedey and Pedro, the Perfect Pair:
    [QUOTE]Pedro is reserved for "The Pedro"  ... Ciriaco needs a nother nickname. I nominate "Rocco" ... But he does look great.  The question is, can he withstand the mental pounding he will get when he slumps (and he will slump, like ANY player).   Boston eats young guys alive. 
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

I don't think there's any questioning his confidence. I would like to see him work very hard on his bunting; not just getting wood on the ball, but really bunting! If there's one old timer he reminds me of, it would be Eddie Stanky. (The on the field Stanky, not the "other" Stanky).

Sure, he'll slump just like anyone else, and I doubt if a full year's BA would be much better than .275; but that woould be just fine!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pedey and Pedro, the Perfect Pair : I don't think there's any questioning his confidence. I would like to see him work very hard on his bunting; not just getting wood on the ball, but really bunting! If there's one old timer he reminds me of, it would be Eddie Stanky. (The on the field Stanky, not the "other" Stanky). Sure, he'll slump just like anyone else, and I doubt if a full year's BA would be much better than .275; but that woould be just fine!
    Posted by bosoxmal[/QUOTE]

He reminds me of Pokey Reese. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

The defense is an unquestioned improvement and that alone is probably enough to justify keeping Ciriaco at SS.  The bat is another story.  Maybe he continues dinking and blooping his way on base but I don't know that I'd bet on it.  I can't ever remember seeing a guy get so many hits on softly hit balls in such a short time span.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, just saying that fly balls to CF are usually outs not triples and "line drives" that barely clear the IF don't seem like something buillt to last.

But like I said, his defense alone justifies him being at SS and if he keeps finding himself on base, that is an added bonus.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

I agree, he needs to perfect bunting ...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

The reason he gets on base with those "Softy" blopper is because of his speed, that kids if fast.  Also the reason he can get to the ball in the gap.  Good looking player!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I like what I see so far in Ciriaco, but it's early. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

He literally does not walk.  His BB% is less than 2%.

He is a nice contact hitter, he should at the very least find a nice utility role here as a pinch runner and a pinch hitter who can bunt. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

If they're serious about Iggy being the guy in the next year or two, then I think Ciriaco is your utility guy...good runner, timely hitter. I don't get how a package like Aviles, Shoppach, Albers and say Poesednik doesn't bring back a good #2/#3 type arm. Sweeny being the OF player would have been better or even Ross, but the stupid injury may have screwed him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

[QUOTE]If they're serious about Iggy being the guy in the next year or two, then I think Ciriaco is your utility guy...good runner, timely hitter. I don't get how a package like Aviles, Shoppach, Albers and say Poesednik doesn't bring back a good #2/#3 type arm. Sweeny being the OF player would have been better or even Ross, but the stupid injury may have screwed him.
    Posted by jgallag1[/QUOTE]

I don't know that Iggy will ever hit his weight against ML pitching. But he's been pretty well hyped, and I would love to see them (in the next off season) get a highly rated AA or AAA starting pitcher prospect for him. That, of course, if Ciriaco proves to be what I am almost certain he will be.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Ciriaco will fade...unless his plate discpline improves.  EVERY hitter has a cold spot, a guy that walks 1 time every 55 at bats will be shut down once scouting reports catch up to him.