Pedroia having an amazing year!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Pedroia having an amazing year!

The little squirt is having a killer year. How many times have we seen him make super plays in the field already? Throwing Aybar out last night on the relay at a crucial time in the game. Playing flawless baseball defensively, including some spectacular plays. 

Hitting .333 with a Bondsian OBP of .450. 6 XBH. The guy is an MVP candidate AGAIN! He's doing his job as a great #2 with aplomb!

Most of us are huge Pedroia fans but the guy keeps playing admirable, amazing baseball. I for one am THANKFUL he's a member of Redsox nation.

This morning I read a comparison to what Jeter has meant to the Yanks over the years. It's funny because that is exactly what I was thinking last night. How many of us get downright emotional thinking about what Pedroia means for this team? The little guy with the heart of a lion! The everyman who plays like a superstar! And he's even funny! LASER SHOW!

I know it's early in the year but I hope people remember that when the going was at it's toughest all year, Pedroia is the one who willed this team to greatness, this year, right now. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Re: Pedroia having an amazing year!

Not much to add to this take it is right on target. I would add that I think that Dustin Pedroia is what the hype was about David Eckstein after 2002. A guy whose game defies his physical stature. Offensively he and Lowrie have real carried the show and while mired in an overall period of unproductive PAs, Ellsbury too has had key knocks.

But what makes Pedey stand out to me is that he is also making a ton of plays defensively and brilliantly was even able to take an eraser to the running gaff he had off of third with his hustle (though I wonder how far out of the baseline he would had to have been to be called out).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

He's getting Michael Jordan treatment now on the calls! He was out on both of those plays on the bases IMO. At the same time, he was having an insanely great game and they didn't want to derail the train. 

Carl Crawford could certainly use some of that mojo!

As much as we appreciate Pedroia, I think a lot of us still can't really put his contributions into perspective. Defensively, offensively, in the clubhouse, in the press. The guy is larger than life in many intangible ways.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

I agree guys

when talking about pedroia

it's all good

the boy can play

and can be a very funny interview too

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

I thought Ellsbury was going to have an amazing year. Maybe so, but he's off to a sub-mendoza early start. He's just waiting to break out and get an extension, like Pedroia. Pedroia is the heart, Youk is the soul, Ortiz is the old face, and AGon is the new face of the franchise. Ellsbury would fit nicely in Arizona, where he can be close to Boras and API, a Boras enterprise.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: Pedroia having an amazing year!:
    [QUOTE]I thought Ellsbury was going to have an amazing year. Maybe so, but he's off to a sub-mendoza early start. He's just waiting to break out and get an extension, like Pedroia. Pedroia is the heart, Youk is the soul, Ortiz is the old face, and AGon is the new face of the franchise. Ellsbury would fit nicely in Arizona, where he can be close to Boras and API, a Boras enterprise.
    Posted by BaseballGM[/QUOTE]
     Ells will get a big contract, and between that and his wine profit residuals, he's got it made.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

It's one of the great pleasures of being a Sox fan!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

It's pretty much what you would expect from our Rookie of the Year, MVP, All-Star second baseman. He doesn't disappoint.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamaicaPlain67. Show JamaicaPlain67's posts

[QUOTE]I thought Ellsbury was going to have an amazing year. Maybe so, but he's off to a sub-mendoza early start. He's just waiting to break out and get an extension, like Pedroia. Pedroia is the heart, Youk is the soul, Ortiz is the old face, and AGon is the new face of the franchise. Ellsbury would fit nicely in Arizona, where he can be close to Boras and API, a Boras enterprise.
    Posted by BaseballGM[/QUOTE]

When did you ever say that Ellsbury was going to have an amazing year? Can you direct us to that thread? You never said one good word about Jake. What a pretender.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccfss. Show ccfss's posts

he's playing very well, but he's not having a killer year, he's off to an exceptional start that's it.  Under the killer year theory, applied to other players, you'll get nothing out of Crawford, whoever catches, Scoots, Ellsbury and Youk.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

I predicted Ellsbury would have a great year and Softy, ahem,,,baseballGM is trying to criticize my projection. As of right now both he and Lowrie are leading the team in RBI. According to baseballGM they both should be just about out of the league by now. Ellsbury is leading the team in HR also. He's not doing that bad so far and I expect he will get better before long. Then again baseballGM would have traded Lowrie for a level A minor league player last year and what is he doing again this year? Playing with insane numbers. If Softy had his way Lowrie wouldn't even be on the roster.

How's Bill Hall doing again this year softy? Less than .200 with 1 HR. Great projection there dude! Add it up to the rest of them and overall maybe you can someday be a gumshoe GM. Overall...your track record is beginning to really stink.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dangerfeld. Show Dangerfeld's posts

Law disappeared from the forum when his track record stunk. Softlaw got demoted to BaseballGM. When the next shoe drops GM will be gone or come back as another racist contrarian.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Pedroia the Destroyah.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

We should call him Little Big Man. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

That would only bring out more accusations of bigotry from the guy who isn't Softy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

[QUOTE]That would only bring out more accusations of bigotry from the guy who isn't Softy.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

I did stop short of uploading a picture though.  I couldn't decide between Dustin Hoffman or the original Little Big Man. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Then again, BaseballGM never said he'd trade Lowrie for a single A guy. As for "another year", Lowrie hasn't every played a year of MLB. Let's see where Lowrie is during dog days.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Oh God. Now it's BaseballGM in the 3rd person.

This reminds me of an episode of the TWILIGHT ZONE where Dennis Weaver kept re-living the same courtroom scene where he was sentenced to die. His nightmare never changed!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

harness, posting under "the Burger King" and other screen names. <laughter>

Conger is Johnny Bench, compared to Jason Varitek.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

I have no doubt that BaseballGM is softy. I also have little doubt of some of your other screen names. It's really pitiful softy but I guess it's the only way you can stay on the forum after getting kicked off what 7-8 times in the past year?

Ever think about just going to another forum?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Even if I was Softy, which I'm not, I wouldn't be bullied by a dim bulb like you, Rang.

You would really help this forum if you decided to post on the dimbulbs.org site.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

three more very good years he will go down as the best 2nd baseman to ever done a Red Sox uniform...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I think Pedey's HOF bound. Every other 2B who has ever won the AL MVP is already in the HOF.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Softy, your avatar says it all. That's one "dim bulb" right there and like I said, it's the best thing you have going for you!