Pedro's got the yips ...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

Pedro's got the yips ...

I was quick to sing his praises earlier, but his fielding has turned disastrous.

Next utility infielder from the minors?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Pedro's got the yips ...

iggy

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Actually geo, Iggy could play 3b adequately...Hes having a few issues in AAA right now and has been benched. Not sure what the issue is. Not the ideal candidate having a no bat 3rd baseman, but at least the defense will be good.

Ciriaco can NOT play 3b for any length of time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Ciriaco will get up this morning dreading coming to the park.  He must be wondering if he still has a job, or if he does, is it in Boston?

In fairness, he's not as bad as he played at 3rd.  He's an adequate UIF for the middle of the defense but he should NEVER be put at 3rd.  My guess is that he has slow reaction time.  He has a bit more time in the middle but the ball gets there so quickly when he's at 3rd that it handcuffs him.

Bottom line:  A team can't carry a UIF who can't play 3rd. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Brock Holt would be the guy to take Pedro's utility role. Iggy needs to play everyday and prove he can hit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to garyhow's comment:

Brock Holt would be the guy to take Pedro's utility role. Iggy needs to play everyday and prove he can hit.

Career minor leaguer and OBP machine Justin Henry is another option, although it would require a change to the 40 man roster...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to notin's comment:

In response to garyhow's comment:

Career minor leaguer and OBP machine Justin Henry is another option, although it would require a change to the 40 man roster...

DFA Ciriaco or send him down if he has options left.

edit: just checked..no options remaining

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Moving Alex Hassan to the 60 day DL would be simpler...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to notin's comment:

Moving Alex Hassan to the 60 day DL would be simpler...

good point...forgot about him.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The "yips" is a term that has been used for many years. They used it to describe Salty having trouble at one point but realized it was not the "yips" afterall and he had surgery to correct the issue. Hes been fine ever since.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Ciriaco cannot hit; Ciriaco cannot field. Why is he on the team? If WMB is out for any length of time Snyder will need to be brought up. Ciriaco cannot be the 3B. Period.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Ciriaco cannot hit; Ciriaco cannot field. Why is he on the team? If WMB is out for any length of time Snyder will need to be brought up. Ciriaco cannot be the 3B. Period.

We have Brandon Snyder, Brock Holt, Justin henry and Ryan dent who are capable of playing 3b. None of which are considered good long term option, but might be ok for a few games. Even Iggy can play 3b, but his too busy whining right now.

Now, if the Sox wanna get a little crazy, they can call up Michael Almanzar from AA since hes been tearing the cover off the ball and playing good defense. Doubtful though.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

In response to trantor's comment:

Maybe Lasitter lives near Charlotte too.

I moved from Durham, NC to Providence (1994) and then finally Pawtucket (2001). Been following the Sox since they broke the curse, so I'm not a "lifer" by any stretch.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Man you folks are a bunch of idiots yes I said idiots. Last yr every one wanted PC in the field every game now you want to DFA him over one freakin game.

He hit 290 and had 9 Es all last yr. in 76 games

RS fans = What have you done today!!!!!

Right now he has 4 Es 2 at SS and 2 at 3rd in 13 games BFD

BTW over his past yrs as a back up he has been damn good

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Man you folks are a bunch of idiots yes I said idiots. Last yr every one wanted PC in the field every game now you want to DFA him over one freakin game.

He hit 290 and had 9 Es all last yr. in 76 games

RS fans = What have you done today!!!!!

Right now he has 4 Es 2 at SS and 2 at 3rd in 13 games BFD

BTW over his past yrs as a back up he has been damn good

Hes was OK to fill in a day here and there last year. He got exposed last year after playing consistantly and this year has looked terrible. I certainly wasnt one calling for him to play everyday.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Essential tremor, which I have, is a form of the yips.  Johnny Miller of US Open fame quit the tour because he definitely had the putting yips, which could have been essential termor but I don't know. 

I don't think Pedro has anything like that problem because, if the Sox thought he did, he would be gone in a heartbeat.  You can't back up 3B, SS, and 2B and not be able to field the ball or make good throws.  Ciriaco is starting tonight at 3B simply because Farrell and the FO still think he can play.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I have it as well and the only affect it has is sometimes when I use my right handto drink or write. Not an issue playing any sport ever.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Okay, so we are finished with the Ciriaco can start for us conversation?