PEDY has 62 hits BUT 48 ARE singles, WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Re: PEDY has 62 hits BUT 48 ARE singles, WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

In response to CommyContrarian's comment:

Dustin Pedroia is tied for fifth in the majors with 62 hits BUT Pedroia leads the majors with 48 singles... wasnt he like ells a few years back jacking stuff to the point he was hitting 4th with papi out? now he's wade boggs II.. frankly have no beef with it esp considering his size and position. however, i would rather see him hit 2nd with papi in the 3 hole and naps or some real stud (trade) in 4th to back up papi a la manny back in the day!

It means he's our best hitter...which is where the best hitters on every team bat...that he's hitting third might call into question our need to add a bigger bat?..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In response to stapleton's comment:

It also means he's less valuable than once thought if he's not going to hit with some fairly consistent pop moving forward.

This is nonsense!  Pedey is hitting third because he can handle the bat and offer protection in the lineup.  Anyone who thinks his value is reduced is just looking for issues.  The guy brings it every night and gets the most out of what he has been blessed with.  I would love him to hit second if that would be best for the team.  Right now it is not.  The manager can bat him wherever he wants and I'll tell my sons to pattern their games after one guy...Pedroia.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

This post is ridiculous.  Pedey may not be a true middle of the bat guy but he's still one of the best hitters out there.  He can hit for average, he can draw walks, work up pitch counts and hit in the clutch.  I'd rather have him batting second, but I'm not complaining about one of our best hitters batting 3rd.

Hes on track to have over 40 XBH and you know he's going to have 1 or 2 stretches this year where he absolutely jacks that number up...we don't call him the laser show for nothing. 

We don't 2 true middle of the order bats.  We have Ortiz, but his clock is ticking.  Middlebrooks and Napoli are close but aren't those hitters. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think Pedey's power numbers will come around, but even if they don't having a .420 OBP up 3rd in front of Papi and Naps is sweetness.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundvl20. Show sundvl20's posts

Really, how can you question this guy no matter where he hits in the lineup. Bottom line he just gets the job done. If you need to worry jump on a Middlebrooks thread. Offensively thats the biggest problem right now

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to CommyContrarian's comment:

Dustin Pedroia is tied for fifth in the majors with 62 hits BUT Pedroia leads the majors with 48 singles... wasnt he like ells a few years back jacking stuff to the point he was hitting 4th with papi out? now he's wade boggs II.. frankly have no beef with it esp considering his size and position. however, i would rather see him hit 2nd with papi in the 3 hole and naps or some real stud (trade) in 4th to back up papi a la manny back in the day!

Pede's not a power hitter, he takes what he can get and uses the entire field which is why hes such a good hiiter.  Ells isn't a power hitter either but thinks he is after 2011.  He doesn't use the entire field, or try to improve his weaknesses which is why hes not a great hitter.