Peter Abraham's last column of the year-:LOL Funny!!!!-Looking ahead to a big 2012 for the Sox

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Peter Abraham's last column of the year-:LOL Funny!!!!

Good stuff. This might have been my favorite. I laughed out loud.

Sept. 15: Dustin Pedroia named team captain. Immediately gains respect of teammates by calling time out in the seventh inning, going to the mound and kicking the crap out of Andrew Miller after he walks three batters in a row.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Just read it.  Very funny, as were a good number of the responses.

We get called out on this board ... some will take the story as real, some even are named ...

:o)

Happy New Year

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Peter Abraham's last column of the year-:LOL Funny!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Good stuff. This might have been my favorite. I laughed out loud. Sept. 15: Dustin Pedroia named team captain. Immediately gains respect of teammates by calling time out in the seventh inning, going to the mound and kicking the crap out of Andrew Miller after he walks three batters in a row.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Yeah, yeah, I know it's supposed to be funny.

But somewhere deep inside, I want to see them sic the dogs on someone for walking the leadoff batter in the 9th with a 4-run lead.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

i am just thankfull that dice k will be ready to pitch...lol  good stuff

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

yeah it was pretty funny. He is one of the better reporters out there in the sports world

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Move over , Dave Barry.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Peter Abraham's last column of the year-:LOL Funny!!!!-Looking ahead to a big 2012 for the Sox

Definitely some funny stuff in there.  The best thing about it is that it's lighthearted and not really nasty.  Some of the people mentioned might disagree I suppose.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Peter Abraham's last column of the year-:LOL Funny!!!!-Looking ahead to a big 2012 for the Sox

Happy New Year 2004...hey, that really was a happy year! :-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Peter is funny. Know he has experience in NY ML baseball and now with the Red Sox at the Globe.  He is pretty comical, in fact this is one of the best baseball satires I have read.  Suggest Peter become a comedy writer for 1 of the late night talk shows, think that is how Dick Cavett and of course, more recently Conan O'Brien made it, and even though Conan was forced off NBC, he went with a multimillion dollar settlement and is now on TBS. Think about what Conan settled for and is now making Peter.  Quite a multiple, compared to what sportwriters are making these days.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: Peter Abraham's last column of the year-:LOL Funny!!!!-Looking ahead to a big 2012 for the Sox:
    [QUOTE]good stuff pete was my favorite when covering the nyy there was 1 poster here that never understood his sense a humor and would start a negative thread about him  every other week HNY 2004Idiots thanks 4 making this board a better place with all your news worthy C&P/ links  threads
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

And who would that poster be?

I know that Pete alienated most of the Yankee fans when he was on that blog by continually harping on and complaining about the "God Bless America" rendition sung at YS by the fans during the 7th inning to commemorate 9/11.

And then one day gave notice to all his fanbase that he was leaving that blog in like a week to come over to this paper to do a blog for the Red Sox.

After referring to Pedroia over there on a routine basis as the "Keebler Elf".

That was hard to swallow. Myself I understood his humor, he is a gifted writer but I don't ever recall starting threads complaining about him so that person you are referring to could not have been me.

Maybe the reason you so readily identify with Pete and accept the fact that he jumped ship is because you two share the same secret. 

You still have your all Sox paraphenalia Flipper?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: Peter Abraham's last column of the year-:LOL Funny!!!!-Looking ahead to a big 2012 for the Sox:
    [QUOTE] but I don't ever recall starting threads complaining about him so that person you are referring to could not have been me. exactly so get over yourself TWM BTW some miss you at the new site not me of course
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

Do me a favor and hold your breath until I show up over there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peter Abraham's last column of the year-:LOL Funny!!!!-Looking ahead to a big 2012 for the Sox : Do me a favor and hold your breath until I show up over there.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

Hi TWM!   I miss you!  Happy New Year!

Be nice to Zac!  Remember, he just can't help himself.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Pinstripezac has Red Sox parafanalia in his house? Must be stuff that his relatives left there to store. Can't possibly be his.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peter Abraham's last column of the year-:LOL Funny!!!!-Looking ahead to a big 2012 for the Sox : Hi TWM!   I miss you!  Happy New Year! Be nice to Zac!  Remember, he just can't help himself.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

Happy New Year Kimmi but I can't make any promises with Zac.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peter Abraham's last column of the year-:LOL Funny!!!!-Looking ahead to a big 2012 for the Sox : And who would that poster be? I know that Pete alienated most of the Yankee fans when he was on that blog by continually harping on and complaining about the "God Bless America" rendition sung at YS by the fans during the 7th inning to commemorate 9/11. And then one day gave notice to all his fanbase that he was leaving that blog in like a week to come over to this paper to do a blog for the Red Sox. After referring to Pedroia over there on a routine basis as the "Keebler Elf". That was hard to swallow. Myself I understood his humor, he is a gifted writer but I don't ever recall starting threads complaining about him so that person you are referring to could not have been me. Maybe the reason you so readily identify with Pete and accept the fact that he jumped ship is because you two share the same secret.  You still have your all Sox paraphenalia Flipper?
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about Zac. He's just kissing some butt on BDC to allow him to bash the fans here at will. You can't possibly believe anything said by a guy who talks in haiku. I'm amazed guys don't find that a little weird.

Having said that, I think it was funny. Not sure some of the players will.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

kimsaythis, agree some of the players might not like the funnies Peter wrote.  Maybe for the offseason, this is the last jab for the September collapse the players need. In any event, think Peter also did a good job, indirectly, suggesting that Ben has done a better job as the new GM than most have given credit.  Guess what I'm saying is that when we look at an overview of the scope of the work Ben has done since Theo was forced/permitted to go off to Chicago by John Henry, fans have been assuaged for a few of us having patience with Ben's planning and transactions/non-transactions. Still think a business saying applies "some of the best deals are the ones a team doesn't do"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]kimsaythis, agree some of the players might not like the funnies Peter wrote.  Maybe for the offseason, this is the last jab for the September collapse the players need. In any event, think Peter also did a good job, indirectly, suggesting that Ben has done a better job as the new GM than most have given credit.  Guess what I'm saying is that when we look at an overview of the scope of the work Ben has done since Theo was forced/permitted to go off to Chicago by John Henry, fans have been assuaged for a few of us having patience with Ben's planning and transactions/non-transactions. Still think a business saying applies "some of the best deals are the ones a team doesn't do"
    Posted by rgmfick[/QUOTE]

I think Ben is doing a great job. I love the fact he's not jumping on huge contracts for players. It actually shows he's not trying to prove something to the fans and showboating, especially since he's new in the GM role. He's trying to do what is best for the team. Unlike some fans here, I'm 100% good with that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ubahero. Show ubahero's posts

Ben is operating within the parameters that Larry Luchinno has established, in which he is in deed doing a great job! Good, savy moves will be permitted still, even if it puts the Sox over the luxury tax threshold, and later corrected by trading a huge contract to get the average annual value of the contract off the books before 2013. No you will not see a Prince Fielder type move and probably not a Ryan Madson move unless it was say a one year deal or a two year twelve million deal, something along those lines.