1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Re: Pike never ruined the GAMETHREADS. J-Bay is WRONG.

Awesome thread, dude. Loved all that stuff in there about baseball and the Red Sox.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

It must really be getting under pike's skin that the chatzy fraternity cut him out of the gamethreads. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I make plenty of predictions, so don't try and pretend why I choose not to go to the game threads. This is typical Pike. Create a strawman and then argue with himself, and Lord forbid, if he ever says anything about baseball or the Sox.

Here are just 3 of my reasons:

1) Posters like Pike ruined them.

2) It is the Mecca of small sample size definitive judging- perhaps my biggest pet peeves.

3) Most of the time, I watch the games on DVR replay.

Sox4ever

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Pike-is-Harmless' comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

[QUOTE]

It must really be getting under pike's skin that the chatzy fraternity cut him out of the gamethreads. 

NOT TRUE at all. I as well as many others are ecstatic that the fraternity left the gamethreads. Good riddance.  The only thing that ever drew me to the gamethreads was to expose the trolls and I was successful. I also exposed the chronic wet blankets. Why can't they vent in private like 99% of RSN does? They need to grow up and realize that every team will go through rough innings, games, and times.  Don't take it out on fellow Red Sox fans. They don't deserve it.

[/QUOTE]

Funny, funny man.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

The truth is what Joe Breidy said about gamethreads. Moonslav, Notin and the other intellectuals of the forum never set foot in the gamethreads. 

I usually don't go in there until after the game.  I got too much to do, and it hard enough to even track the games, let alone the thread.  Maybe half the time, I'll go in there to kibitz if the RS win.  The playoffs are the exception, but even then, I have no idea who is in there at any particular time.

Still, on both sides, there really isn't much that the ignore button can't handle.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

And I still don't know-am I in the fraternity or not?

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

You better believe it.  You are one of the notorious Trufan Gang, who post side by side with Yankee fans on Dual Boards.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

NOT TRUE at all. I as well as many others are ecstatic that the fraternity left the gamethreads. Good riddance.  The only thing that ever drew me to the gamethreads was to expose the trolls and I was successful. I also exposed the chronic wet blankets. Why can't they vent in private like 99% of RSN does? They need to grow up and realize that every team will go through rough innings, games, and times.  Don't take it out on fellow Red Sox fans. They don't deserve it.

[/QUOTE]

Funny, funny man.

[/QUOTE]

A man of few words when he has no ammunition or can't read or comprehend.

[/QUOTE]

Well, that or a man who thinks its stupid to argue with insanity. Either one pike.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

[QUOTE]

I make plenty of predictions, so don't try and pretend why I choose not to go to the game threads. This is typical Pike. Create a strawman and then argue with himself, and Lord forbid, if he ever says anything about baseball or the Sox.

2) It is the Mecca of small sample size definitive judging- perhaps my biggest pet peeves.

Sox4ever

If you watch every game on DVR replay then why would you ever come to a forum that would tell you who is ahead or who won before you watch the replay? 

1) Sometimes I don;t come to the threads until after I watch the replay.

2) Sometimes I don't care if I know the score before I watch the game.

I used to record games also but steered clear of anyone who would divulge the progress or outcome to me since that would ruin it for me. Do you avoid the gamethreads because you are DVRing the game?

The main reason I avoided the game threads before I did the DVR thing 90% of the time, was because I could not stand the small sample size definitive judgements by most posters there and guys like you who just spend all your time posting about other posters rather than the actual game or anything to do with the Red Sox. (Kind of like this post)

Then how do you know what goes on in the gamethreads?

I used to go there. I posted a few times. I've gone back from time to time to see if things have changed: they have not.

Now, tell me one thing about the Red Sox. Just one. I dare you!

[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sox4ever

If you watch every game on DVR replay then why would you ever come to a forum that would tell you who is ahead or who won before you watch the replay? 

I used to record games also but steered clear of anyone who would divulge the progress or outcome to me since that would ruin it for me. Do you avoid the gamethreads because you are DVRing the game?

The main reason I avoided the game threads before I did the DVR thing 90% of the time, was because I could not stand the small sample size definitive judgements by most posters there and guys like you who just spend all your time posting about other posters rather than the actual game or anything to do with the Red Sox. (Kind of like this post)

I used to go there. I posted a few times. I've gone back from time to time to see if things have changed: they have not.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He can do that, because a very small minority of his posts are baseball related.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Just clearing the air pal about who ruined the gamethreads. J-Bay claimed that I ruined them and that was not true.  The gamethreads were ruined by chronic whiners, wet bankets, baby venters, and trolls who come to incite and inflame. You never noticed that?

It was also ruined by posters who never mention anything about baseball, the Red Sox, or the game at hand.

Sox4ever

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

[QUOTE]

You better believe it.  You are one of the notorious Trufan Gang, who post side by side with Yankee fans on Dual Boards.

[/QUOTE]

Who else is in our fraternity?  This isn't like the FOM, is it?  That's a Fellowhip, and not a fraternity.  And do I have a title, or am I more like a pledge?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

The truth is what Joe Breidy said about gamethreads. Moonslav, Notin and the other intellectuals of the forum never set foot in the gamethreads. They know better. They know that the gamethreads are for those who like to have a guaranteed win before the game starts and feel entitled to never lose or even fall behind in a game. The gamethreads are the mecca or watering hole for those who love to vent on every AB and play unless the pitcher is throwing a perfect game or the team is winning by twenty runs. The gamethreads also are loaded with rival fans and trolls who are there to taunt while pretending to be Sox fans. The gamethreads will ruin your day if you are a real Red Sox fan.

It is bad enough to hear or watch the Red Sox losing a game but the gamethreads seem to be full of those who are taking delight in it. Andrewmitch loved to see Crawford struggle and Softlaw lived to see a mistake by Jake Ellsbury. That is what ruined the gamethreads. The venters ruined the gamethreads. Pike had nothing to do with it. Pike only pointed out that chronic venting was a character flaw and was childish. If you need to vent on 99% of your posts then you have a problem.

The fraternity that started up a live chatroom at Chatzy.com did it not because they needed a private room. Nobody ruined the Boston.com gamethread but themselves. They wanted attention and nobody was falling for it anymore. They came here to be entertained by annoying Red Sox fans and when it failed to work they left.

When I was young dudes didn't start drama.  If they did they learned thier lesson quickly on the playground that same day.....  Wait....you're not a dude are you....?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He can do that, because a very small minority of his posts are baseball related.

[/QUOTE]

You cant logically argue with pike because he always has a rescue device that is totally illogical. You can completely smoke him in argument, and he'll post as if he won. Ive seen it dozens of times. The best way to deal with pike is to treat him like the joke he is.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Who else is in our fraternity?  This isn't like the FOM, is it?  That's a Fellowhip, and not a fraternity.  And do I have a title, or am I more like a pledge?

All I really know is, I'm in the fraternity because I was with the 'Trufan gang', so you are too.

So is Kimmi...no wait, she would be in the sorority. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

All I really know is, I'm in the fraternity because I was with the 'Trufan gang', so you are too.

So is Kimmi...no wait, she would be in the sorority. 

Zac's the leader of the pack. TWM and any sox fan who supports the NYY posters here, so I'm in

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

When I was young dudes didn't start drama.  If they did they learned thier lesson quickly on the playground that same day.....  Wait....you're not a dude are you....?

When I was young, all the young dudes carry the news.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Zac's the leader of the pack. TWM and any sox fan who supports the NYY posters here, so I'm in 

To kimsaysthis, Zac is evil personified.  She is after him like Captain Ahab after Moby Dick.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You cant logically argue with pike because he always has a rescue device that is totally illogical. You can completely smoke him in argument, and he'll post as if he won. Ive seen it dozens of times. The best way to deal with pike is to treat him like the joke he is.

[/QUOTE]

Or, like it never happened