Pineda possibly AAA bound

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smileys_Back. Show Smileys_Back's posts

Pineda possibly AAA bound

Hey guys, as i have keep saying, the Yankees are very worried about Pineda's declining velocity. Now ESPN reporting he may not even make the team:

If Pineda doesn't show control of 95-96 mph stuff, then wouldn't the Yankees and Pineda be better served if he worked on things under the lesser microscope of the minors? It is one way for the Yankees to contain expectations, while continuing to foster Pineda's growth.

As Smiley has been saying, an injury is likely. Meanwhile Montero continued to hit. Cashman's latest blunder becomes more apparent by the day.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Pineda possibly AAA bound

One of the reasons the Yanks like the kids they have is also on a business level. Nova, Hughes and Pineda all have minor league options which they can put into effect. There would be zero point in pushing a young player when pushing is not needed.

As for the trade, I think many Yankee fans were discouraged somewhat by the loss of Montero. No minor leaguer had ever been built up to such expectations in NY for quite some time. Montero is going to be a dangerous hitter for years to come. But the economy of baseball and what ultimately wins the game for you forced this trade. Yankees needed to get younger in their pitching staff, moreso for 2013 and beyond than this year. After watching Montero for three years, the Yankee F.O. came to a conclusion that he would not be a servicable catcher for 130 games a year. This would then push him into the DH role basically for at least 130 games thereby limiting the flexability that the DH position can provide a team with two aging superstars (A-Rod and Jeter).

As for the Yankees being very worried, that is your typical spin on Yankee affairs Beni and I for one am very glad that you are here to show things to us in such an obscure light. But worried, only in your dreams.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Welcome home, son !!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

OUCH!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Pineda possibly AAA bound:
    [QUOTE]Hey guys, as i have keep saying, the Yankees are very worried about Pineda's declining velocity. Now ESPN reporting he may not even make the team: If Pineda doesn't show control of 95-96 mph stuff, then wouldn't the Yankees and Pineda be better served if he worked on things under the lesser microscope of the minors? It is one way for the Yankees to contain expectations, while continuing to foster Pineda's growth. As Smiley has been saying, an injury is likely. Meanwhile Montero continued to hit. Cashman's latest blunder becomes more apparent by the day.
    Posted by Smileys_Back[/QUOTE]
    I haven't heard that but I have heard that super-prospect Ryan Lavarnway is heading to AAA after spring training.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Sad pathetic Yankees

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Pineda possibly AAA bound:
    [QUOTE]Sad pathetic Yankees
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Don't you feel bad for us B?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smileys_Back. Show Smileys_Back's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Pineda possibly AAA bound : I haven't heard that but I have heard that super-prospect Ryan Lavarnway is heading to AAA after spring training.
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

Hey camel, you missing the points, this isn't like one of the typical yankee flops like Jabber the hut or Kei Igawa.  This is someone who they traded away a potential all star for.  It is doubly bad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Who somehow have more horses than the RS.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Mikey, Steven - why would you ever take any of this personally? Burrito is throwing good natured jabs while laughing and if you don't know Beni by now, then what is there to say.

I am a true blue Yankee fan - I know what we have this year and so do Sox fans. Just like I know what the Sox will bring to the table as well.

Keeping the conversation real during a real conversation is one thing. Keeping it real where the whole purpose of the thread is to get under your skin is to be taken for what it is. If you want, start your own good natured, sarcastic threads - nothing wrong with that. Let's have fun this year. With the Angels, Rangers, Tigers, Rays and Blue Jays, there is no guarantee about anything this year.

This is the most competitve AL I have seen in years.

Keep throwing the daggers Beni - they are good for a laugh.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Wait until the real season begins - my fantasy team is going to whip your teams behind.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response to; Pineda possibly AAA bound:
    [QUOTE]Hey guys, as i have keep saying, the Yankees are very worried about Pineda's declining velocity. Now ESPN reporting he may not even make the team: If Pineda doesn't show control of 95-96 mph stuff, then wouldn't the Yankees and Pineda be better served if he worked on things under the lesser microscope of the minors? It is one way for the Yankees to contain expectations, while continuing to foster Pineda's growth. As Smiley has been saying, an injury is likely. Meanwhile Montero continued to hit. Cashman's latest blunder becomes more apparent by the day.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Who is invisibly bumping all of the Smiley threads up? Why are these threads so appealing to Yankee fans when they claim to detest Smiley?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pineda possibly AAA bound : Who somehow have more horses than the RS.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

On paper, as the sox did last year. Like last, we'll see how it works out this season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Who is invisibly bumping all of the Smiley threads up? Why are these threads so appealing to Yankee fans when they claim to detest Smiley?
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

First off Pike - this was a brand new thread created today. Is Beni not allowed to start new threads to bust the chops of Yankee fans? Afterall, you are the one who despises us the most here, so why would you have an issue with him lighting some small fires? Second, why do you care? Finally - please talk about baseball, just one time.

But you are correct about Smelly being back and bouncing old threads again:

There was an old saying when we were school age. The one who semlt it, dealt it. Perhaps you are Smelly?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Pineda possibly AAA bound : I haven't heard that but I have heard that super-prospect Ryan Lavarnway is heading to AAA after spring training.
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

Camel, nice avatar.  Do you go there?  I used to live over there and that was my pretty regular spot. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pineda possibly AAA bound : On paper, as the sox did last year. Like last, we'll see how it works out this season.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but I was reacting to the pathetic line. You still have to play the games.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response to; Re: Pineda possibly AAA bound:
    [QUOTE]Who is invisibly bumping all of the Smiley threads up? Why are these threads so appealing to Yankee fans when they claim to detest Smiley?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pineda possibly AAA bound : Camel, nice avatar.  Do you go there?  I used to live over there and that was my pretty regular spot. 
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Hey Space, some friends of mine from down here are playing there on Thurs 4/26. The name of the band is The Heavy Pets. If you get a chance you should check them out. Go up to the guitar player and ask him if his name is Genius. He will crack up and wonder how you know the inside joke. I was going to fly up but instead will be in Dallas catching a few Yanks/rangers games that week and then heading to Chicago to see a friend for a few days.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response to; Pineda possibly AAA bound:

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pineda possibly AAA bound : Agreed, but I was reacting to the pathetic line. You still have to play the games.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Steven - that is just B having fun. Do you think for one moment he believes the Yanks starting 8 and rotation are pathetic? I am pretty sure he is taking Mo with his first pick in the fantasy league draft.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

The other Forum B comes here mainly to have fun also and has been banned over 200 times. Beni has been banned once by J-Bay somehow. Why don't those Yankee fans that enable and condone Babe get so irritated with Beni. It doesn't make any sense. Kim sees the irony of it and she is then labeled said to be from the Twilight Zone. It looks that the Babe enablers are running the asylum when it should be the other way around.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pineda possibly AAA bound : Steven - that is just B having fun. Do you think for one moment he believes the Yanks starting 8 and rotation are pathetic? I am pretty sure he is taking Mo with his first pick in the fantasy league draft.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

I guess so; have fun on Opening Day; I would have liked to join you, but shall be in Pitt.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]The other Forum B comes here mainly to have fun also and has been banned over 200 times. Beni has been banned once by J-Bay somehow. Why don't those Yankee fans that enable and condone Babe get so irritated with Beni. It doesn't make any sense. Kim sees the irony of it and she is then labeled said to be from the Twilight Zone. It looks that the Babe enablers are running the asylum when it should be the other way around.

Really, what a bunch of wasted horsesh-t. Why don't you go outside and give it a rest? If you're not on the W Coast, it's nice.