Please God, take the next 2. I can't deal w/these Yankee trolls...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Please God, take the next 2. I can't deal w/these Yankee trolls...

They're Baaaaaaaaack! IDK about everybody else but after game1 the Yankee trolls in my life were coming out by the dozens to proclaim this is how its gonna be from here on out. Gimme a break, 2-8! Listen, I respect the Yanks, but they are not even in the same league as the sox talent wise this year. Our starters need to get game tough & use this series as a spring board to the AL East title....SHUT THESE YANKEE TROLLS UP!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Re: Please God, take the next 2. I can't deal w/these Yankee trolls...

I second that motion.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Yup, there's coming back in full force.  MfyMfy, LoveSox13 to name a few.  I bet we have a mikeyinthebronx signing at some point today.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from (The-Babe). Show (The-Babe)'s posts

In Response to Please God, take the next 2. I can't deal w/these Yankee trolls...:
    [QUOTE]They're Baaaaaaaaack! IDK about everybody else but after game1 the Yankee trolls in my life were coming out by the dozens to proclaim this is how its gonna be from here on out. Gimme a break, 2-8! Listen, I respect the Yanks, but they are not even in the same league as the sox talent wise this year. Our starters need to get game tough & use this series as a spring board to the AL East title....SHUT THESE YANKEE TROLLS UP!!!
    Posted by Red-Doc-Redemption[/QUOTE]

LOL....but somehow they have a 1 game lead over the red flops.

You sound like a whiny little girl.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Neither can their mothers! Mother, "hey (fill in name of Yankee troll), get out of the basement; it's not normal for a 30 year old to still live at home and be on the Internet all day" Yankee troll, "be right there mom, we got any meatloaf?"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

i hope you know who our pitcher is todayCry

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Please God, take the next 2. I can't deal w/these Yankee trolls...:
    [QUOTE]i hope you know who our pitcher is today
    Posted by canetime[/QUOTE]yeah, Lackey is going vs Sabathia, but if there is one thing we know or have learned the past 4-5 seasons, a Yanks/Sox series will never go according to the script....

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Please God, take the next 2. I can't deal w/these Yankee trolls...:
    [QUOTE]They're Baaaaaaaaack! IDK about everybody else but after game1 the Yankee trolls in my life were coming out by the dozens to proclaim this is how its gonna be from here on out. Gimme a break, 2-8! Listen, I respect the Yanks, but they are not even in the same league as the sox talent wise this year. Our starters need to get game tough & use this series as a spring board to the AL East title....SHUT THESE YANKEE TROLLS UP!!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If we beat Sabathia tonight, based on our record against him in 2007 playoffs & this year, I believe we'll shut up the Trolls...

Today, I'm crying a bit and venting…still smarting from Gonzalez who has been all that we expected striking out with the bases loaded last night vs. the Yankees when we had a 2 run lead.  He let the 1st go for a strike & for the 2nd swung at a slider and the 3rd at a low ball slider. Guess Boone learned something the first time they met in Yankee stadium when Gonzalez drew a walk with the  bases loaded.  Maybe Gonzalez letting first strike go was looking for another walk…dunno, but I believe Boone knew he couldn't toss him a fastball.  Great but gutsy move by Girardi. Key hit missing at the key time was the dilemna.  I mean we got 8 hits/2 runs and they 5hits/3runs & their 3rd winning run was from a double play. Just incredible that after Sabathia their pitching has held up but it’s their offense that has saved some faulty pitching at times.  In addition to Damon, sure wish we got Curtis Granderson from the Tigers and, again, not Crawford.  Anyway, Swisher was in a horrible slump earlier this year and is now very hot so hope Crawford turns it around as we approach crunch time. I will forgive last night’s loss if by some miracle we can beat Sabathia tonight but with the Yankees only getting 5 hits I don’t know if Lackey, unless he sells his soul to the devil can keep their hit count down.  But, Sabathia too, has to be a bit gun shy facing us. Pleasantly recall that in addition to coming back from 0-3 to beat the Yankees in 2004, we were down 1-3 to Cleveland in 2007 playoffs. We won game 1 vs Sabathia 10-3 and then lost 3 in a row. Sabathia pitched Game # 5 & could have provided the knockout punch but we beat him 7-1.  Went on to win the next 2 and went undefeated thereafter to win World Series.  And this year, we’ve beat him 3 times, 4/10---4-0, 5/14---6-0 and 6/9---8-3. Do we own him ? Let him and the Yankees think that and let’s beat him again tonight & that’ll leave him and Yankees wondering why we have his number when we get into the playoffs & the Yankees will definitely be there as, hate to say it, a division leader or wild card.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FFFFan. Show FFFFan's posts

Just take it like a man.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Remind them of 2004 when they left their Yankee caps and shirts strewed about in the parking lots of various sportbars.  They staggered about as if cast members in Night of the Living Dead.  Some even beat on and dented their own car doors.  I've seen heartbroken fans before but the scene after game 7 was unlike anything I had ever experienced.  I actually watched Yankee fans fighting with other Yankee fans.  It was freaking hilarious.  Lol.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

How can you say the Yankees "aren't in the same league talent-wise as the Red Sox this year?" With a $200 million payroll?

Doesn't sound to me like "respect" for the Yanks.

Ever hear of Cano, Jeter, A-Rod,Rivera, Sabathia, Texeira, Granderson and Swisher?

Sounds like some pretty good talent to me.

I may hate them too, but I would not make a ludicrous statement like this.

Like it or not, this race will go down to the wire. Count on it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Please God, take the next 2. I can't deal w/these Yankee trolls...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Please God, take the next 2. I can't deal w/these Yankee trolls... : ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If we beat Sabathia tonight, based on our record against him in 2007 playoffs & this year, I believe we'll shut up the Trolls... Today, I'm crying a bit and venting…still smarting from Gonzalez who has been all that we expected striking out with the bases loaded last night vs. the Yankees when we had a 2 run lead.  He let the 1st go for a strike & for the 2nd swung at a slider and the 3rd at a low ball slider. Guess Boone learned something the first time they met in Yankee stadium when Gonzalez drew a walk with the  bases loaded.  Maybe Gonzalez letting first strike go was looking for another walk…dunno, but I believe Boone knew he couldn't toss him a fastball.  Great but gutsy move by Girardi. Key hit missing at the key time was the dilemna.  I mean we got 8 hits/2 runs and they 5hits/3runs & their 3rd winning run was from a double play. Just incredible that after Sabathia their pitching has held up but it’s their offense that has saved some faulty pitching at times.  In addition to Damon, sure wish we got Curtis Granderson from the Tigers and, again, not Crawford.  Anyway, Swisher was in a horrible slump earlier this year and is now very hot so hope Crawford turns it around as we approach crunch time. I will forgive last night’s loss if by some miracle we can beat Sabathia tonight but with the Yankees only getting 5 hits I don’t know if Lackey, unless he sells his soul to the devil can keep their hit count down.  But, Sabathia too, has to be a bit gun shy facing us. Pleasantly recall that in addition to coming back from 0-3 to beat the Yankees in 2004, we were down 1-3 to Cleveland in 2007 playoffs. We won game 1 vs Sabathia 10-3 and then lost 3 in a row. Sabathia pitched Game # 5 & could have provided the knockout punch but we beat him 7-1.  Went on to win the next 2 and went undefeated thereafter to win World Series.  And this year, we’ve beat him 3 times, 4/10---4-0, 5/14---6-0 and 6/9---8-3. Do we own him ? Let him and the Yankees think that and let’s beat him again tonight & that’ll leave him and Yankees wondering why we have his number when we get into the playoffs & the Yankees will definitely be there as, hate to say it, a division leader or wild card.
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE] Mando, while i admit they dodged a huge bullet there with AG,aside from that 3-pitch Manny AB against Mo, that was one of the strangest AB's i've seen in a Yanks/Sox game... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

[QUOTE]How can you say the Yankees "aren't in the same league talent-wise as the Red Sox this year?" With a $200 million payroll? Doesn't sound to me like "respect" for the Yanks. Ever hear of Cano, Jeter, A-Rod,Rivera, Sabathia, Texeira, Granderson and Swisher? Sounds like some pretty good talent to me. I may hate them too, but I would not make a ludicrous statement like this. Like it or not, this race will go down to the wire. Count on it.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Then you're an idiot.  Granderson .275, Texiera .248, Swisher .270, Posada .234. Gardner .278, Martin .224 and Jeter .277.  Hardly Murderer's Row.  Lol.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

yeah, I don't agree with the statement that the Sox have more talent than the Yanks. I'm a diehard sox fan (I hate the Yankees) and I think we have a great team, but the Yanks are just as good. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

n

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

[QUOTE]yeah, I don't agree with the statement that the Sox have more talent than the Yanks. I'm a diehard sox fan (I hate the Yankees) and I think we have a great team, but the Yanks are just as good. 
    Posted by myaim45[/QUOTE]

I give the yankees the edge on their closer. That is it. Our bats are better. Our rotation is better. Bullpen is a tossup...D Toss up....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]Neither can their mothers! Mother, "hey (fill in name of Yankee troll), get out of the basement; it's not normal for a 30 year old to still live at home and be on the Internet all day" Yankee troll, "be right there mom, we got any meatloaf?"
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

The Yankee trolls can learn from my experience, with a little hard work they too can graduate from the basement to the attic.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]yeah, I don't agree with the statement that the Sox have more talent than the Yanks. I'm a diehard sox fan (I hate the Yankees) and I think we have a great team, but the Yanks are just as good. 
    Posted by myaim45[/QUOTE]
    Agreed, many on this board seem to take delight in selling NYY short. As Churchill (or maybe it was Chuck Tanner) once said, never underestimate the opponent.
    Mind explaining the avatar?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Never, ever underestimate the EE.  Whether some Red Sox fans are willing to admit it or not, they have a very good team.

I am happy that we won today's game (obviously) because now we know we won't be swept (obviously).   That would have been hard to take.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Never, ever underestimate the EE.  Whether some Red Sox fans are willing to admit it or not, they have a very good team. I am happy that we won today's game (obviously) because now we know we won't be swept (obviously).   That would have been hard to take.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]
    "The EE" ... I love it!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

[QUOTE]How can you say the Yankees "aren't in the same league talent-wise as the Red Sox this year?" With a $200 million payroll? Doesn't sound to me like "respect" for the Yanks. Ever hear of Cano, Jeter, A-Rod,Rivera, Sabathia, Texeira, Granderson and Swisher? Sounds like some pretty good talent to me. I may hate them too, but I would not make a ludicrous statement like this. Like it or not, this race will go down to the wire. Count on it.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Oh God Tardzilla, Swisher huh? Swisher is reaching.....That's like calling Scutaro a star....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please God, take the next 2. I can't deal w/these Yankee trolls... : Agreed, many on this board seem to take delight in selling NYY short. As Churchill (or maybe it was Chuck Tanner) once said, never underestimate the opponent. Mind explaining the avatar?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

LOL what parts do you need/ want explained LD

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

This series just goes to show, it doesn't matter who pitches but the team they are pitching against and whoever's pen can hold a lead.