Please keep Bradley in AA ball and wait the 12 days at the beginning of 2014

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: Please keep Bradley in AA ball and wait the 12 days at the beginning of 2014

why play him if you wave the white flag already...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: Please keep Bradley in AA ball and wait the 12 days at the beginning of 2014

In response to softlaw2's comment:

By putting him in minor league ball for 2013, and waiting the 12 days in 2014, they can double their saving to at least 40 million.

i say if he's playing the way he is..he should be starting with victorino and ellsbury....i don't care what they save..if it helps us win now...go for it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Yawn.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

yay, more softcasm...can't get enough...it's like more cowbell

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Softlaw is starting to crack.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

His stats in AA ball were terrible, and his spring training numbers are meaningless because the pitchers are just going through the motions and conserving energy. The hitters are just hitting lazy balls to the OF. Minor league numbers are what says if a player is ready to join the ranks of MLB OF stars like Shane, Ellsbury and Gomes.

Bradley's trying hard because he doesn't want to ride the bus in minor league ball. The veterans aren't playing hard because they don't want to get hurt before the season starts.

Most importantly, the Red Sox will save at least 20 million, 7 years from now, if they send Bradley back to minor league ball.  This will enable them to sign quality FA like Drew and Shane and Dumpster. If they don't make this move, they won't be able to sign quality FA like Drew and Shane and Dumpster.

9 games and 12 days will nave zero affect on the 2013 season. Bradley is not a difference maker, and the Red Sox have as good or better chance to win those games with Gomes starting and Nava and/or Sweeney and/or Carp handling LF.  

I disagree. Please have Bradley start the year in Boston. He obviously is the best player  in organized baseball  and does not need to perfect his skills anymore, and if he doesn't start the year in Boston the world will end.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

How refreshing,a thread about Jackie Bradley.I wondered why there hadn't been any yet 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Dear Softlaw -

Please make another JBJ thread.  We need more threads to talk about JBJ.  When I have a point to make about Jackie Bradley Jr. I think to myself "gee oh where am I ever going to post this JBJ comment....there is just NO ONE talking about him."

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

And yet ANOTHER daily whining thread about JBJ. As if 10 wasnt enugh. Im willing to bet your single.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

His stats in AA ball were terrible, and his spring training numbers are meaningless because the pitchers are just going through the motions and conserving energy. The hitters are just hitting lazy balls to the OF. Minor league numbers are what says if a player is ready to join the ranks of MLB OF stars like Shane, Ellsbury and Gomes.

Bradley's trying hard because he doesn't want to ride the bus in minor league ball. The veterans aren't playing hard because they don't want to get hurt before the season starts.

Most importantly, the Red Sox will save at least 20 million, 7 years from now, if they send Bradley back to minor league ball.  This will enable them to sign quality FA like Drew and Shane and Dumpster. If they don't make this move, they won't be able to sign quality FA like Drew and Shane and Dumpster.

9 games and 12 days will nave zero affect on the 2013 season. Bradley is not a difference maker, and the Red Sox have as good or better chance to win those games with Gomes starting and Nava and/or Sweeney and/or Carp handling LF.  

I disagree. Please have Bradley start the year in Boston. He obviously is the best player  in organized baseball  and does not need to perfect his skills anymore, and if he doesn't start the year in Boston the world will end.

How can you not start this Hall of Fame player on day one? I expect him to hit .400 with an OPS well over 1.000 every year he plays. I know that if he doesn't make the ML roster this year I plan to find the nearest bridge and end it all.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

If the Sox start Bradley in left field, they will have no choice but to sign Ellsbury to a long term contract to play CF. Because, as softlaw repeatedly pointed out in the Stanton thread, there are no other CF options anywhere inMLB and never will be. 

I see his true agenda now...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

He's definitely in the Top 3 OF in the Red Sox organization right now. 

To play Gomes or Carp over him would be an admission by the team that they have no interest in winning ball games.

Oh,  and they should CUT stephen Drew immediately. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

By putting him in minor league ball for 2013, and waiting the 12 days in 2014, they can double their saving to at least 40 million.

Why stop there?! Keep him in the minors for ten years for $200M savings!  Can they do the same with Boegarts and double up?  $400M savings baby!!

Add 3 more players to hit a cool $1B in savings!!  This is amazing stuff!

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

So you DO think Jeremy Hermida was the best player on the 2011 Red Sox.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.