Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship?

Uno

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship?

Impossible not to stick with the Sox to the bitter end or maybe not so bitter.  Fat lady ain't singing yet. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I'll tell ya what.  Back in '04, when the Sox were down to the MFY's 3-0 after just having gotten their derrier's handed to them in a lopsided loss in game three, I was right there for the start of game 4. 

I'm here for the duration. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Count me in 100%..Ill Never give up on my team like some on here..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I'm sticking with the Sox.Still a lot of baseball to be played yet.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

2.5 out

commanding lead in the WC!!!

I'm sticking with.....if you jump of this ship, then you shouldn't come back cause you ain't a Red Sox fan. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I don't even understand why anyone would possibly jump ship at this point. Any team that goes to the playoffs has a decent shot at winning it all.  And the Red Sox are going to the playoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

ALL THIS "JUMPING SHIP " PROPAGANDA IS RIDICULOUS. WHY DOES
    ONE HAVE TO WEAR THE SOX FLAG PIN TO SHOW DEVOTION. IS IT
    WRONG FOR A FAN TO CRITICIZE EPSTEIN FOR HAVING CREATED A
    FLAWED TEAM. WHY DO YOU SIGN CC AND AGON IN A BALLPARK
    THAT HAS A 380 FT. DEEP RF. THE YANKS TAILOR THEIR TEAM TO
    THEIR BANDBOX. WE SHOULD HAVE TRADED FOR OR DEVELOPED
    A RICE OR FISK "TYPE" HITTER WHO COULD PUNISH THE MONSTER.
    PEDEY IS A NICE PLAYER, BUT HARDLY A TEIXEIRA OR A CANO IN
    POWER PRODUCTION. THEY YANKS HAVE TEX, CANO , AND
    GRANDERSON TO HIT THE RF PORCH, YET WE HAVE NO ONE TO
    TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE SHORT LF AT FENWAY, LIKE RICE AND
    FISK AND OTHER RIGHTIES DID.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship?:
    [QUOTE]Stand up and be counted! (SawxBlog Illustration)   I'm staying with the ship. I'll be with the band and the captain. I'm not leaving! But if you do decide to jump off, don't bother coming to the World Championship parade.
    Posted by fir.eballer58[/QUOTE]  AS DAD WOULD SAY......  "SON, ONLY A FOOL GOES DOWN WITH THE SHIP" !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

No I'm not quitting on my team. and this ship ain't going down. our team can still turn this around and go on a winning tear.

GO SOX.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

let's see..a division race that's basically been nip and tuck for just about 2 months, 2.5 out with 3 weeks to go, a playoff berth more than probable...yeah, why would someone stay for that ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

ALCS - Yanks vs Sox (Bet on it)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr.Bump. Show Mr.Bump's posts

I believe! I'm staying on the ship!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Frankly, anyone jumping ship, or even resigning themselves to going down with the ship, needs a giant cup of Miracle-Grow-a-Pair (apologies to the ladies of the BDC board).  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronho. Show ronho's posts

Haven't skipped out since 1946 so don't intend to start now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

If you're a real fan, you stay until the last pitch of the last game.
    This, "I'm outta here" baloney is for quitters.
    While I disgaree with a few things on this team, you don't leave because things aren't going your way.
    "Quitters never win and winners never quit."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

It amazes me the way that people react to a brief skid. This is a really good team, they have issues, but so does everyone else. The only favorite is the Phillies, I see the rest of the playoff teams as pretty close. I agree with the poster above - Yanks-Sox ALCS. It will be a good one. Can't wait.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

While about 8 to 9 out of 10 posters jumped ship in April, I was still aboard. I still am, and will be until we pop open the champagne.

Youk has time to get his timing back by October.
    Ells, Pedey, and Papi are rock solid.
    Beckett's injury is troubling, but we will be fine.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship? :   AS DAD WOULD SAY......  "SON, ONLY A FOOL GOES DOWN WITH THE SHIP" !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Hmm ... for all your bluster, you usually just go to the edge of the cliff/bridge before coming back in. I guess you jumped this time.

Well Bill, see ya'. Gonna miss you around here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I predicted 96 to 98 wins in the dog days of April and I'm sticking with that pick now. That will be more than enough to  make the playoffs. And while I hope the Sox win the Division, I'll never be disappointed in a Red Sox team that wins 95-plus games. I remember too well the mediocrity of the early '80s and early '90s.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from --theYazzer--. Show --theYazzer--'s posts

i'm going for the life boats, but i hope theo and 'coma go down with it,
    which means i hope neither one is back next year.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Are you kidding?! After 65 years of rooting for the "Olde Towne" team, the thought of "abandoning" them never entered my mind....not during the bad times and, certainly not now during the good times. Any of you even considering it, turn in your "Hanging Sox" and move to the Bronx. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

LOL... I guess many posters haven't really been watching over the years but this is what being a Sox Fan is all about !! Great Expectations at the start, so so beginning followed by a string of good fortune and a Rise to the top, Mix in a Ho Hum Augest and September Then Follow all that up by getting into the playoffs and hope for that lightning in a bottle to carry you over. Been a Fan since 67 and will die a Red Sox fan. Welcome to the Pain many of us have experienced for quite a while now !!