Possible reason for Lackey being distracted?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Possible reason for Lackey being distracted?

Considering the website,I'd take this with a grain of salt.But,if it's true,it could very well be the cause of Lackey being distracted lately:
    http://www.tmz.com/2011/09/26/john-lackey-divorce-boston-red-sox-krista-lackey-breast-cancer-playoffs-wild-card/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Re: Possible reason for Lackey being distracted?

Hey Mojo,
    We often forget that players are human and I'm certain that if my spouse were stricken with a life threatening ailment I too would struggle to maintain my focus and concentration.

That said, the guy pitched his azz of last night and if he can channel that type of performance the rest of the year like Lowe of 2004 his lost year will be forgotten.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

While Lackey was interviewed after the game, said he was sent a text message 30 minutes before the game about a personal matter and it crossed the line. He was asked what the text pertained to, he didn't answer. He said he would find out how the reporter got his phone number and deal with it then.

EDIT: apparently, the text message came from a TMZ reporter, not the sports media.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: Possible reason for Lackey being distracted?:
    While Lackey was interviewed after the game, said he was sent a text message 30 minutes before the game about a personal matter and it crossed the line. He was asked what the text pertained to, he didnt answer. He said he would find out how the reporter got his phone number and deal with it then.
    Posted by J-BAY

The way Lackey pitched last nite, he should get a text from that reporter before every one of his starts. That was the best he has looked in a while.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Well,as I had said,the article is on the TMZ website so I'm not really sure how reliable it is.I'm not going to judge him even if it's true.We don't know what goes on behind closed doors in his house.The marriage could have started to deteriorate before she was diagnosed with cancer and maybe he was hanging in with her through her toughest part of it trying to do the right thing.Or he might not be able to handle her having the double mastectomy.I really don't know what the deal is,so I'm not going to side with either one of them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Lackey must be popular among the wives of Sox players.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

I am sure that he will probably blame everything on his wife. Just like he always blames everything on his teammates.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

It's remarkable that JL was able to step up and pitch the way he did yesterday, in light of this news, when he has been drastically underperforming basically all season long.  We will likely never know (nor should we), what led to the split, but if true, this type of closure could be what JL needs to move on and focus on more on baseball. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickarcese. Show nickarcese's posts

what's the correlation between his wife and the league hitting over .300 against? Most of his pitches are up in the zone and fat...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

Is it possible for anyone to be less likeable then Lackey? Guys seems like he is dumb as a brick, statistically the worst SP the sox have EVER had, no accountability on or off the field, now HE leaves his wife while she is battling cancer....wow....

I know the sox SP has stunk of late, and LAckey has stunk all year....but I wouldnt say 3 ER in 6 innings against the Yanks Triple A team is pitching his "azz" off.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bootis4745. Show bootis4745's posts

Lackey's off field personal life issues should be off-limits. The Media again shows what trash they are.

I don't know Lackey's Wife and I wish her the best in her struggle with Cancer and I am also sorry to hear about the Marital issues for both.

That being said. Lackey has been just awful for us. REAL BAD! I cannot believe that people give him any credit for "Keeping Us In The Game" He did his predictable give up 3-5 runs in the first or second inning for most every game he pitches then has his teammates hopefully bail him out so he gets a "W" besides his name.

That is keeping us in the game? This guy also has an angry streak in him that is very clear to see. He openly hated Boston before he got here and it appears that he still has that same dislike brewing in his soul. I often wonder who's side is this guy really on?

Bottom line, this guy stinks! He is overpaid and has been a monumental failure since he got here.

I am not sure there is any immediate financial solution for packing his bags and sending him off elsewhere.

Maybe he can do his magic snake-oil trick of Keeping his team in the game someplace else.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Possible reason for Lackey being distracted?:
    [QUOTE]Considering the website,I'd take this with a grain of salt.But,if it's true,it could very well be the cause of Lackey being distracted lately: http://www.tmz.com/2011/09/26/john-lackey-divorce-boston-red-sox-krista-lackey-breast-cancer-playoffs-wild-card/  
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure why John chose to file for divorce now but I can tell you, if it was my wife going through this I would probably choose a more appropriate time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Lackey seems to relish negativity.  Maybe Tito has been too protective of him this season.  Lackey seems to go out of his way to be negative.  He finally has a good outing, even if he started out in typical Lackey fashion.  The BP as a whole finally shows up to play.  The Offense crawled back from a deficit.  Ells hits his 30th home run to win the game.  Everything was positive.  But Lackey seemed to be holding on to his anger about the text for the entire game - 7 hours.

If that's what it takes then that's what it takes.  The press should allow the negative relationship he seems to want and need to grow.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeff185. Show jeff185's posts

It's not his fault, it's her's

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

"Lackey's off field personal life issues should be off-limits. The Media again shows what trash they are."

Sorry, not so.

He agreed to take the money, which is more per week than most people will see in a lifetime, because he's an entertainer, and in the public eye.  Anything about him is fair game.  Dumb as he is, even he should get that.

And the media isn't "trashy."  It's a bit more complicated than that.  TNZ may be, sure, but don't put that on the entire "media."  Please.

What gets me about Lacking is what a baby he is, generally.  Everything is about him.  Poor guy, got a nasty text before a ball game.  He's really upset.  Poor him, his life is a mess.  He's really upset.  Poor him, a fielder misses a ball. He's really upset.

Of course, the one to feel sorry for is his wife, not just for the cancer and shabby treatment, but because she had to put up with that idiot since '08.

And he's got his pre-nup so, God help her, she can't get her hands on the real dough.  He'll get to keep most of that, while he goes 4-17 for the Red Sox.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

But he's handled the situation with so much grace.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

You're right about that.  Graceful, he is.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

Yes Lackey should have waited until the season is over.  But what is the different is that he have been struggling in all season along.  Who know he is also struggling with his marriage in all season along.  Maybe he think it s best for him to fix his personal problem now, and then regain his baseball focus.  

But like someone said it before under this topic, we all do not know what is going on between these two.  Just leave them alone, and let them deal with the public.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

all that is going on in Lackey's life that we know of would most certainly be a distraction, not to make excuses for him but i'm sure it has had some effect on how he has pitched.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

if Lackey can't pitch because of the "distractions" maybe have taken a sabbatical.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Possible reason for Lackey being distracted?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Possible reason for Lackey being distracted? : The way Lackey pitched last nite, he should get a text from that reporter before every one of his starts. That was the best he has looked in a while.
    Posted by jrh1194[/QUOTE]

Agree with you about Lackey.  He really was great last night.  Hopefully, it will continue. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from massillon8. Show massillon8's posts

In Response to Possible reason for Lackey being distracted?:
    [QUOTE]Considering the website,I'd take this with a grain of salt.But,if it's true,it could very well be the cause of Lackey being distracted lately: http://www.tmz.com/2011/09/26/john-lackey-divorce-boston-red-sox-krista-lackey-breast-cancer-playoffs-wild-card/  
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]
    Its an excuse a minute up there in Boston.  Please stop.  He stunk last year.  So your saying its a two year divorce process, thats why he has stunk?  I love how you put lately.  Ahh Try the last two years.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

I hope Lackey gets exactly what he's asking for: all his money and himself... all to himself... with no one else to share.

My wife went through a year and a half of cancer treatments.  I can only imagine how Krista Lackey feels being abandoned like that by Senior Mouth-Breather.  What a low-life, deadbeat, greedy, insensitive, sunshine patriot.

I don't care what the details are.  Any man that does that to his spouse is no man at all in my book.  Oh yeah, getting back to the thread:  if you can't pitch under duress you have no business playing in the AL East.  You could've taken 40-50 mill and played in Milli-wau-kay or Kansas City and told the reporters to go fly a kite.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Not trying to tell Lackey his business, but the timing of all this seems a bit poor.  Not making excuses for the guy, but having a wife with cancer and divorce are two  pretty stressful experiences wrapped into one.  Not that I would know from experience. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

NOTHING professional bout this guy.ONE ok start vs. JV and he's gonna be lowe-esque? Not in the ERA dept.

"mr Epstein, which contract will you be eating this evening?"