In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I nominate Ice-Cream for poster of the year. It is time for a change from the usual suspects. Ice -Cream is a loyal Sox fan, is always pleasant and friendly, avoids controversy and brings his own subtle sense of humor to the forum.  Ice -Cream for poster of the year. 

[/QUOTE]

You know.....now that you mention it, I agree with you completely. 

[/QUOTE]

Ice Cream is a reasonable addition too. Truth is, the addition of nearly all the posters here could be justified. Each poster has good moments and bad, and since no criteria has been developed for who should be poster of the year, I nominate everyone but Conan....oh wait...he was banned. Never mind.

[/QUOTE]

This a very masturbatory thread but since this seems to be a theme I will also go with Ice Cream.

[/QUOTE]

You got that right.

The fact that a few very good posters aren't included, demonstrates what a circle jerk this thread  is.

[/QUOTE]

HAHA!!!!! +1

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Re: Poster of the Year Award

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RedsoxProspects' comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's a pretty motley crew of posters. These things need criteria. Does getting it right mean anything? How much does insight and intelligence count? Some people here are actually fans of trolls and would vote for them. Some people have multiple identities promoting themselves. One bozo has a thread here solely to garner pity for himself ( as an alternate identity ) as "worst poster of the year" potentially and we are supposed to line up to make him feel better?

Honestly, this forum is a microcosm of society and as with our country's political processes, the public is incredibly misinformed. I don't find the democratic process particularly insightful or effective at choosing it's "leaders" on this forum. It's like a high school class voting the guy they like as class president instead of the guy who actually gives a darn and would do something both contructive and positive. The capable, intelligent and informed guy gets near zero votes and the guy who doesn't even show up to the student senate meetings gets elected. Look at the work Moon gives this forum, not to mention the insight and level of detail. He blows eveyone else on that list away. It's not even a contest.

To get chosen by your peers for excellence would mean something. But it ends up in a process like this. Zero voting criteria. Little regard for excellence. 

Yet another cluster you know what.

[/QUOTE]

So, who is your -motley nonnomination?

(I did not include my name, because I was wrong a lot last winter-spring.)

[/QUOTE]

Over half this forum are nitwits, trolls and rabble rousers who are either just plain ignorant or intentionally disruptive. Thank God we won last year or the whole place would be overun with trolls. I don't remember a single piece of insight from over 1/2 of the members of that list. Joebriety is the only consistently positive one with real knowledge and insight that I can remember from that list and notin / hfxsoxnut and I'm sure some others are reasonably significant posters here but I don't remember a single good post from 1/2 the others and don't even remember any posts at all from some of those guys. 

If this is a list of our top guys, count me out anyway. I'm not on your real list anyway Moon. So forget about it. If this is considered excellence then I sincerely question it's motives and insight in itself. Just a considered opinion on the situation here. Some really nice people but based on what were the above list "top poster of the year"? Insight? Predictive Analysis? Being Funny? Supporting the community? I see it with joebriety but overall most of those guys are honorable mention at best.

Most people here wouldn't recognize excellence if it bit them in the face.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

I nominate slasher. At least his avatar is hot. That is a step up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That's a pretty motley crew of posters. These things need criteria. Does getting it right mean anything? How much does insight and intelligence count? Some people here are actually fans of trolls and would vote for them. Some people have multiple identities promoting themselves. One bozo has a thread here solely to garner pity for himself ( as an alternate identity ) as "worst poster of the year" potentially and we are supposed to line up to make him feel better?

Honestly, this forum is a microcosm of society and as with our country's political processes, the public is incredibly misinformed. I don't find the democratic process particularly insightful or effective at choosing it's "leaders" on this forum. It's like a high school class voting the guy they like as class president instead of the guy who actually gives a darn and would do something both contructive and positive. The capable, intelligent and informed guy gets near zero votes and the guy who doesn't even show up to the student senate meetings gets elected. Look at the work Moon gives this forum, not to mention the insight and level of detail. He blows eveyone else on that list away. It's not even a contest.

To get chosen by your peers for excellence would mean something. But it ends up in a process like this. Zero voting criteria. Little regard for excellence. 

Yet another cluster you know what.

[/QUOTE]

So, who is your -motley nonnomination?

(I did not include my name, because I was wrong a lot last winter-spring.)

[/QUOTE]

Over half this forum are nitwits, trolls and rabble rousers who are either just plain ignorant or intentionally disruptive. Thank God we won last year or the whole place would be overun with trolls. I don't remember a single piece of insight from over 1/2 of the members of that list. Joebriety is the only consistently positive one with real knowledge and insight that I can remember from that list and notin / hfxsoxnut and I'm sure some others are reasonably significant posters here but I don't remember a single good post from 1/2 the others and don't even remember any posts at all from some of those guys. 

If this is a list of our top guys, count me out anyway. I'm not on your real list anyway Moon. So forget about it. If this is considered excellence then I sincerely question it's motives and insight in itself. Just a considered opinion on the situation here. Some really nice people but based on what were the above list "top poster of the year"? Insight? Predictive Analysis? Being Funny? Supporting the community? I see it with joebriety but overall most of those guys are honorable mention at best.

[/QUOTE]

Ouch......

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to LagunaJose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to youkillus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

No, everyone should not get a trophy, and if you agree with that, well, you have something in common with Bill and Dad. As for the slate of nominees, all fine candidates, I'm sure. Let me take Moon off the list, he's more than qualified, and knows more about the Sox than I do, certainly, and he's more dedicated than I am too, but, his obsession with Softlaw being wrong is, I'm afraid a character flaw that blocks his path to the award. See, the thing is, we all know Softflaw is wrong, so enough. HFX, good poster, probably a great poster, but his posts are so vanilla,( to me) I can't remember one. Beantowne, good stuff, cheap. Notin, on point, and funny, and that's worth a lot in my book, but sometimes cruel. He's the smartest guy in the room, and will make sure you know it. So that leaves JoeBreidy, yes it does, so what's wrong with having a guy that's smart, funny, and realistic? Nothing!  Plus, I think he challenged GeoRom to put up or shut up, and he won that too. Virginia goes for Breidy! 

P.S. I'd put Hugh and Southpaw on the slate if I could.

[/QUOTE]

+10

[/QUOTE]Just for the record, DAD & BILL-806 have never been for the lib/left "TROPHY FOR ALL" idea ......  Just saying !!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to LagunaJose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

[QUOTE]

Awe shucks Youk (blushing). Here is what happened midyear: Breidey (who can feel free to add his input too) stated here that there are three posters here that he automatically assumes are wrong and that he is right about whatever they wrote. I know I was one of them; I think Georom may have been another (or DGalehouse) and a third who I cannot recall. He went on to say that these three are fair game for ridicule whenever he sees fit to do so. That lacks objectivity since he is not right all the time; sometimes even WE are right. And to feel free to ridicule ANY poster here brings the board down a notch. No one here deserves ridicule. You either debate someone or you just ignore them. In fairness to Breidey, he has improved over the past several months and has been able to have a reasonable dialogue with anyone here. However, the award is for ALL of 2013.

It wasn't Galehouse.  We occasionally disagree, but not too often,  The #3 was ADG.  Anyone who criticizes our #1 pick for being a slow-footed white OFer, when the guy is an SP, with excellent speed, just has to be criticized.

And you can pull out my exact response if you want, but I believe my response was 'if you and I disagree, I will always assume I am right'.  I think I posted that in one of three threads.  It was either the 

• Your late May thread when you said the season was over
    • The final 35 thread when you predicted 17-18
    • The thread where you said Doubront was a #5, at best
    • Or the thread where you said Lester was a #5

[/QUOTE]

I was wrong about all four of those comments. And many more, no doubt. However, if you and I disagree it does not mean that you are right and I am wrong every time (no, I am not going to go back searching for examples) nor does it mean that I am right and you are wrong. Sometimes neither of us is right because its a matter of opinion rather than a matter of fact. And as I wrote NO ONE deserves to be "ridiculed" here (=speech or action intended to cause contemptuous laughter at a person or thing; derision; Toridiculeis to make fun of, either sportively and good-humoredly,or unkindly with the intention of humiliating. ) Debated, sure. Or ignored. I stand by that opinion and although we have actually had some civil discussions of late, probably because both of us have toned it down, I think that whole exchange brought the board down a notch. Other posters have managed to avoid doing that entirely.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, you have your opinions and many turned out to be wrong.  the "season is over thread" last May was an opinion. Cherry picking only the bad games pitched by Lester in April and May led to another stupid opinion. The problem here is that your opinions are influence by your propensity to be pessimistic, in a panic, and being skeptical nearly all of the time.  You seem to relish spreading your  gloom and doom opinions on the forum and then enjoy the feedback from those who are more objective, hopeful, and optimistic.  Your opinions seem to parallel one who loves playing the role of a devil's advocate. The noisy wheel gets the most grease and the pouting, miserable fan has the most thread responses.

[/QUOTE]

Nailed it....

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] i'm still partial to avatar # 3 :-)

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to youkillus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

HFX, good poster, probably a great poster, but his posts are so vanilla,( to me) I can't remember one.

[/QUOTE]

Vanilla?  OUCH.

Man, there's always a downside in life, even when you get nominated for a prestigious honor like this...Wink

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Lighten up Prospects.  This forum is for information, conversation and entertainment.  If you're looking for 'excellence' I hear SOSH is the place for that.

I enjoy your posts.  But I don't see why you get so mad about stuff like this.  Take this forum for what it is and don't take it too seriously.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] i'm still partial to avatar # 3 :-)

[/QUOTE]

I thought that was probably your girlfriend Jete. You sound pretty cool. Cool

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to tvfrank's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

hfxsoxnut

joebreidy

beantown

notin

southpaw77

jasko

hugh

BMav

Icecream

tough call, all good posters

much easier back in 76 when we all could agree

on the poster of the year

[/QUOTE]

Great poster, but I was always more of a Cheryl Tiegs guy when it came to 1970s posters (used to have her on the back of the bedroom door of her in a bikini that was hot) and I was more of a Cheryl Ladd guy when it came to Charlie's Angels.

(Had a thing for Cheryl's in my teen years I guess.)

[/QUOTE]

Angie Dickenson makes both Farrah and Cheryl look like Suzyn Waldman.

[/QUOTE] Angie is old enough to be Forrest, FORREST GUMPS  mother  !!!!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to tvfrank's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Come one moon, your'e better than this.  Poster of the year, really?!?!?

We are all here to share our opinions and our love of the sox.  Do we really need a poster of the year or the worst poster of the year?

I think you guys have too much time on your hands.  Pats are in the post season, follow them and don't worry about who the best or worst poster is.

[/QUOTE]  "COGGLINS LAW" ....... "Poster of the year, is OVERRATED" !!!!!   Can be compared to an election run by "COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS"  !!!!

[/QUOTE]

Poster of the year is too convoluted, but MORON OF THE YEAR-----by a landslide-Bill-806. Also, Bill-806 ran away with the BIGOT OF THE YEAR award. Peeling potatoes in the Navy mashed his mind.

[/QUOTE]WRONG again.........  For your INFO,  my NAVY days remain classified !!!!

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.