Potential Yankee Killers...A's and, if not, the SF Giants

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Potential Yankee Killers...A's and, if not, the SF Giants

In response to Yonkersman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yanks have the mystike (sp)? to win all of these pressure packed games.  It is in their blood

[/QUOTE]

It's in their wallets. When you have the highest payroll year in and year out, and obtain  the best players, you have an advantage. No doubt about it. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Possible ALCS Showdown

$198 million NY Yankees vs. $55 million Oakland A's  

They might as well film Moneyball Part II.   LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Brad Pitt as Billy Beane: "There are rich teams,.........and there are poor teams, then there's 50 feet of crap,......and then there's us."   LOL

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to BaronVonSteingrabber's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The OP loses all credibility by having 3 favorite baseball teams and two favorite football teams.

[/QUOTE]

This is America and not North Korea.  Therefore, the OP can have as many favorite teams as he wants.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to seabeachfred's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am a Sox, Pats (hate NY Giants as much as Yankees) & Celtic(hate Lakers as much as the Yankees)fan first but as I live in SF Bay area I'm a SF Giant Fan, A's & 49ers fan too. Was almost as excited with Giants today as I was with Sox in 2004 winning 4 in a row vs NY as SF too was unprecedented winning in a 5 game series, 3 in opponents' park. Need for A's to also win 3 in a row although it will not be as great a feat as they are on their home field. So, if Yankees get by O's, I want A's to take them out in Div series and, if not, the SF Giants to beat NY in the world series!

By the way, football I know, but hope Pats fans are rooting for 49ers this Sunday vs NY Giants who beat them in playoffs last year and, of course, beat Pats in their undefeated  season and then last year agan in the super bowl.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry SF, if the Yankees have to take on the A's and the Giants after they beat Baltimore, Red Sox fans are going to have a miserable winter knowing the New Yorkers have won another WS. Oakland does not have the hitting nor the deep bullpen to beat New York and the Giants blow hot and cold.  Now I would love nothing better than to see the A's keep the Yankees out of the WS, but I think Detroit would have a better chance, and, in fact, I do not want to see the Yankees in the WS at all.

[/QUOTE]I agree with you with one minor exception. Baltimore has played the Yanks tough and still might take this series. One with hardly any imagination could argue the O's should have won this series in 4 games. It will be interesting to see if Arod gets benched today. He should be.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The potential Yankees killer may be the O's.  A great win by the O's last night (or very early morning LOL). 

Buck, the O's manager, is always so cool, calm, and collected.  When Buck retires, he should be an anger management counselor.  LOL   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

sorry guys.  we have seen this movie waaaaay too many times.  when yankees win games like last night a Worlds Championship is inevitable.  there is nothing anyone can do about it.

[/QUOTE]

See 2001. They won two walk off games against Arizona, and lost the series.

[/QUOTE]

Excellent point.  i am merely trying reverse psychology on myself.  yanks are guaranteed to win tonight.  ;)