Prince Fielder nearing 9 year/$214 million deal with Detroit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Prince Fielder nearing 9 year/$214 million deal with Detroit

Tim Brown of Yahoo, Jon Heyman of CBS, Ken Rosenthal of FOX, Bob Nightengale of USA Today, and Jonah Keri of Grantland all confirm this report.

Does the acquisition of Prince Fielder vault the Tigers to the top of the American League? A 3-4 of Cabrera and Fielder reminds me of Ortiz and Ramirez in their prime. Add to that Justin Verlander and Detroit could be the team to beat.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-Bay-Fan. Show J-Bay-Fan's posts

Re: Prince Fielder nearing 9 year/$214 million deal with Detroit

THE RED SOX DONT DO NOTHING WHEN THE YANKEES ACQUIRE PINEDA AND KURODA BUT NOW THEY NEED TO MAKE A SPLASH

IF WE WIN THE EAST OR WILD CARD.. PROBABLY WE GO TO PLAY AGAINTS TIGERS.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Prince Fielder nearing 9 year/$214 million deal with Detroit": [QUOTE]Tim Brown of Yahoo, Jon Heyman of CBS, Ken Rosenthal of FOX, Bob Nightengale of USA Today, and Jonah Keri of Grantland all confirm this report. Does the acquisition of Prince Fielder vault the Tigers to the top of the American League? A 3-4 of Cabrera and Fielder reminds me of Ortiz and Ramirez in their prime. Add to that Justin Verlander and Detroit could be the team to beat. Posted by davidap[/QUOTE] That's why they play the games...the Sox were the team to beat going into last year. How'd that work out? The Adrian Gonzalez contract keeps looking better all the time...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

just close to 24mil a year.  wow.  That'll chain em down for awhile.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Adrian Gonzalez wants a do-over. Man, that is crazy money. Pujols and Fielder can at least slide over to DH if need be, cause those contracts are not moveable. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

So Cabrera moves to 3rd or they alternate the 2 between 1B and DH?  Cabrera is signed through I think 2016.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Good talent for Detroit to pick up, but for 2012 they only gain Fielder [minus] Martinez....significant but not earth shattering.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In Response to Re: Prince Fielder nearing 9 year/$214 million deal with Detroit:
    [QUOTE]Good talent for Detroit to pick up, but for 2012 they only gain Fielder [minus] Martinez....significant but not earth shattering.
    Posted by SonicsMonksLyresVicars[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree. They have the 2 hitting stars and a bunch of holes. I also think Verlander, of course very good, has a hard time repeating a once in a  acreer type year. Scherzer, Porcello and Furbush dont excite me.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Detroit now ties the Yankees and Phillies for most $20M+ players (Verlander, MCab, Fielder vs. ARod, CC, Tex and Doc, Lee, Howard)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Prince Fielder nearing 9 year/$214 million deal with Detroit:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Prince Fielder nearing 9 year/$214 million deal with Detroit : Yes, I agree. They have the 2 hitting stars and a bunch of holes. I also think Verlander, of course very good, has a hard time repeating a once in a  acreer type year. Scherzer, Porcello and Furbush dont excite me.  
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]
    In late July the Tigers traded Charlie Furbush and others for Doug Fister, who last season ranked sixth amonth American League pitchers in WAR*, comfortably ahead of all Red Sox pitchers:

http://www.fangraphs.com

* Wins Above Replacement as reported at FanGraphs