Put Lackey on Mentally Unable to Perform List

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Put Lackey on Mentally Unable to Perform List

I've had enough of watching this trainwreck on the mound...you clowns who want Wakefield out of the rotation, ought to rethink where you are coming from when this 82-million dollar albatross continues to implode start after start...he's not getting outs, and he has one good start for every 3 bad ones...enough.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Put Lackey on Mentally Unable to Perform List

July 4th supposed to be a fun return to Fenway, but John couldn't record an out while flailing and being upset when Drew can't get a foul ball or Scutaro can't catch a scorching liner...pathetic.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Put Lackey on Mentally Unable to Perform List:
    [QUOTE]I've had enough of watching this trainwreck on the mound...you clowns who want Wakefield out of the rotation, ought to rethink where you are coming from when this 82-million dollar albatross continues to implode start after start...he's not getting outs, and he has one good start for every 3 bad ones...enough.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Not the type of performance our team needed after coming off a tough road trip.  Like I said before if Lackey's arm is hurt, or can't handle consecutive outings sit him so it doesn't hurt our team.  I would rather see one of youngsters called up and get a shot.

Knowing Lackey, I think 4 or 5 runs tops should have been his cut off.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

craze, like i said, the millions of Sox Nation could recognize a guy who was toast at least by 4-0....I mean, the hits were solid shots, line drives to right, center, left, a homer, foul ball scorched just foul for a foul HR....Tito just obviously plays way too much into the have to nuture Lackey's ego....btw, Wheeler two shutout innings, but the what the hell do we know as fans...Manager knows best...Marathon, not a Sprint.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

John Lacking's antics are getting very tiresome indeed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I don't care who takes his spot in the rotation. Just get rid of him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

sindarin, i wish it was that easy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Put Lackey on Mentally Unable to Perform List:
    [QUOTE]craze, like i said, the millions of Sox Nation could recognize a guy who was toast at least by 4-0....I mean, the hits were solid shots, line drives to right, center, left, a homer, foul ball scorched just foul for a foul HR....Tito just obviously plays way too much into the have to nuture Lackey's ego....btw, Wheeler two shutout innings, but the what the hell do we know as fans...Manager knows best...Marathon, not a Sprint.

DC, that has always been one thing about Terry I have never liked.  Too much loyalty to his players who struggle in return "more often than not" takes all the steam out of the team.  Lackey really needs to be removed from the rotaion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

the worst pitcher ive seen in a red sox uniform. down there with eric gagne. straight garbage

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarylandFan. Show MarylandFan's posts

His ERA now stands at a hideous 7.34. He denies he needs Tommy John surgery so it's obviously mental. Sitck him in the BP or send him to Pawtucket, he's not tradeable given his moribund performance this yr and salary. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncsoxfan4life. Show ncsoxfan4life's posts

HARD 2 WATCH THIS GUY, GET OUT OF THE ROTATION !!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]HARD 2 WATCH THIS GUY, GET OUT OF THE ROTATION !!
    Posted by ncsoxfan4life[/QUOTE]

I'm going to enjoy a nice family barbeque and illegal firework show regardless, but Lackey is a much bigger issue than any other spot on our team.  Terry should have shut him down quickly today and maybe "just maybe" our offense would have the motivation to come back.  All thats left now is to hope for the best.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]craze, like i said, the millions of Sox Nation could recognize a guy who was toast at least by 4-0....I mean, the hits were solid shots, line drives to right, center, left, a homer, foul ball scorched just foul for a foul HR....Tito just obviously plays way too much into the have to nuture Lackey's ego....btw, Wheeler two shutout innings, but the what the hell do we know as fans...Manager knows best...Marathon, not a Sprint.

Now Francona is in a quandry. He's already trying to figure who he'll use as a long reliever tomorrow, IF one is needed. On top of that, who will he use on Sept 4th as a long reliever, IF one is needed. It must be perplexing for Terry. Maybe he should have left Lackey in for a couple of more innings, after all, games in April, May and June aren't that important. Wait, make that April, May, June and July. He would have handled today's situation much differently if this game were played after the middle of Sept.. Games after mid Sept. are the important ones.Undecided

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

bosox, exactly

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan1967. Show soxfan1967's posts

DFA or DL.  Your choice.  I would not give this another start this year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

Tjheo and francona are P@ssies when it comes to this sort of thing.  I don't see how they could tell wake to go back to the pen and let this guy pitch.  he needs to go on the dl

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The problem is like Drew this signing will always be a mistake and as the years go by with this guy it will hurt more and more.  What a terrible addition.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

We will read tomorrow how his fielders let him down and the hits just sneaked in to the outfield, but he threw the ball well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]bosox, exactly
    The Sox might have the best ERA in the league, if it weren't for Francona's penchant for making sure the starter gives up a minimum of 6 and preferably 7 runs before the 5th inning

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

Havent you heard, Lackeys a "great competitor". Must be at damn scrabble cos he cant pitch to save his life. Gummer pile ugle looking cretin on the mound. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Put Lackey on Mentally Unable to Perform List : The Sox might have the best ERA in the league, if it weren't for Francona's penchant for making sure the starter gives up a minimum of 6 and preferably 7 runs before the 5th inning
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]

'41,
       This is one place we agree.  I've learned a lot about the way pitchers are handled "these days" in the last season or two by the many discussions here.  The best old example I lived by was Earl Weaver's way of handling his hurlers.  If they were struggling with two runs, the pen got busy.  If they struggled with 3 runs, often the starter was pulled at or before the fourth run crossed the plate.  He was an impatient man.

I cannot fathom what is wrong with Lackey, but SOMETHING is.  Same thing as Burnett last year?   I always hope the guys does well and pull for him, but ... this is tough.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Havent you heard, Lackeys a "great competitor". Must be at damn scrabble cos he cant pitch to save his life. Gummer pile ugle looking cretin on the mound. 
    Posted by jamesey271975[/QUOTE]

Terry's fault along with Lackey today.  Most of the time I like Terry but you would think he would learn after the first hundred times, not to leave struggling pitchers in until we are down by 7 runs. 

Props to Ells for a huge game, along with most of our pen and the offense for trying to mount an amazing comeback.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

Lackey is a highly overpaid lemon.     He's reached his level of incompetency and will get progressively worse by the end of 2014 when his contract runs out.
    No team in their right minds will pick up his contract unless John Henry eats 99% of it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

ONE IMPORTANT QUESTION I WANT ALL OF YOU POSTERS
    TO ASK YOURSELVES HONESTLY !

"IF LACKEY WERE PUTTING THIS KIND OF PERFORMANCE
    IN AND WAS ON THE YANKEES, WOULD THEY SHUT HIM
    DOWN OR DEMOTE HIM ???

I THINK YOU ALL KNOW THE ANSWER. HINT: THINK ABOUT
    PHIL HUGHES !