Q&A with Garin Cecchini

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Q&A with garin Cecchini

Cant wait for this kid to get here. Smart ballplayer. Future AS...

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20140109&content_id=66282586&fext=.jsp&vkey=news_milb&sid=milb

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Re: Q&A with Garin Cecchini

Hope he can become a Gwynn or Maurer type hitter. Seems he's from that mold high avg / obp doubes type hitter. Good time to be a RS fan!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cant wait for this kid to get here. Smart ballplayer. Future AS...

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20140109&content_id=66282586&fext=.jsp&vkey=news_milb&sid=milb

[/QUOTE]

I love Checchini, if he can find a rhythm somewhere defensively the kid should be a good ballplayer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Seen him play about 4 times last season in Portland.  The kid is 'built' like a ball player.  Just has a certain 'air' about him and the way he carries himself.  My seats are right on the 3rd base line and can probably hit him with a sunflower seed if I wanted to.  Between innings sometimes he'll coe out and chat.....real personable and just a nice kid.

The thing I'm a bit shocked about though are his power numbers.  He handles the bat GREAT, put's the ball in play, hits a lot of line drives and can use the whole field...but with a lot of top spin.  I'm just shocked that kid as big as him doesn't generate more power.  I know it may not be his game but I would like to see him turn into a 17-20HR guy.....especially in a park like Fenway which with his skillset....should be able to take advantage of the angles and the wall.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

The kid has a very bright future.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seen him play about 4 times last season in Portland.  The kid is 'built' like a ball player.  Just has a certain 'air' about him and the way he carries himself.  My seats are right on the 3rd base line and can probably hit him with a sunflower seed if I wanted to.  Between innings sometimes he'll coe out and chat.....real personable and just a nice kid.

The thing I'm a bit shocked about though are his power numbers.  He handles the bat GREAT, put's the ball in play, hits a lot of line drives and can use the whole field...but with a lot of top spin.  I'm just shocked that kid as big as him doesn't generate more power.  I know it may not be his game but I would like to see him turn into a 17-20HR guy.....especially in a park like Fenway which with his skillset....should be able to take advantage of the angles and the wall.

[/QUOTE]

Hes got that sweet swing from the left side. He also has show a lot of LD power and Im betting that still could develop into 15-20HR hitter. Especially if he can go the other way a lot and get a little loft on the ball. I like the part about knowing he has some strides to make defensively and other areas. Hes a ballplayer through and through. Got a good head on his shoulders too. Boston is gonna love this kid when he finally arrives.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

He's the number three position prospect for a reason, he can flat out rake. Here's a name to watch for all those who watch the prospects Forrest Allday. Just a kid but I think he'll make some noise over the next 2-3 years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's the number three position prospect for a reason, he can flat out rake. Here's a name to watch for all those who watch the prospects Forrest Allday. Just a kid but I think he'll make some noise over the next 2-3 years.

[/QUOTE]

Hes a CF'er with not much power, but a solid approach at the plate. just drafted this past june. he will be 23 in april. i sure hope he can do something before hes 25yo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hes a CF'er with not much power, but a solid approach at the plate. just drafted this past june. he will be 23 in april. i sure hope he can do something before hes 25yo.

[/QUOTE]

He will likely be playing right field next year with Manuel Margot in center.

I Like Forrest Allday, and he hands down has the best name ever but I'm not too confident in him having much of a big league career.  He's got some good on base skills, but hasn't proved himself above ssshort season A ball yet at 22 years old.  With very little power and a swing that produces ground balls his ceiling might be more of a speedy versatile utility player who can pinch run as well, or pinch hit to bunt etc etc etc.  but even then a lot of that will be tied into how his hit tool progresses. If he has a future, then he needs to take off soon.