Questionable Cherrington deals

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Questionable Cherrington deals

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Remember, papi only has to DH when he comes back.

He'll be back soon.

Just for the record, a D H needs to run from time to time....If we remember, he 1st pulled the heel in a Homerun trot (not his) ...........  BTW, 0-4 last night at Pawtucket.....  ???????

Oh my, a rehabbing player who is rusty from a long layoff had an 0-4 game.  

Seriously, Bill, you just can't be this ignorant about baseball. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

He'll be back soon.

Just for the record, a D H needs to run from time to time....If we remember, he 1st pulled the heel in a Homerun trot (not his) ...........  BTW, 0-4 last night at Pawtucket.....  ???????

3-15 while he's been there (all singles).......  Why can't you let me have my opinion ??? Better yet, have you given any thought that  he just might be done ???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

He'll be back soon.

Great insight Bill....thanks....stellar post as always.  Very fresh and new opinions coming from you as always.  Your baseball acumen is evident in everything you post.  I really enjoyed that amazing post where you said Bradley deserves another month just like Pedroia.  Clearly they are exactly the same player.  I think your opinion that we should not start the best and hottest players for somebody who can't hit a curve or an inside pitch is amazing baseball analyzing on your part.  Thanks for you 14,000 great posts Bill.....it truly shows what a great and busy life you must lead.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

He'll be back soon.

Great insight Bill....thanks....stellar post as always.  Very fresh and new opinions coming from you as always.  Your baseball acumen is evident in everything you post.  I really enjoyed that amazing post where you said Bradley deserves another month just like Pedroia.  Clearly they are exactly the same player.  I think your opinion that we should not start the best and hottest players for somebody who can't hit a curve or an inside pitch is amazing baseball analyzing on your part.  Thanks for you 14,000 great posts Bill.....it truly shows what a great and busy life you must lead.

Thank You, too !!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to lasitter's comment:

Papi: No question he can hit the baseball, but nothing counts unless you can make it around the bases. Does anyone remember his breakdown trying to run the bases from first last year when the batter behind him hit it out? It doesn't get easier than that.

The real question is what kind of starting rotation help we might have got for Papi's money plus a little. For that money plus what we're paying Drew we might have gotten some top shelf talent.

Last year papi was going full speed around 2nd at the time of the injury because at that point he didnt know if it was a HR or not. Its not like he was just jogging the bases and his achillies let go.

There wasnt a "top shelf" talent out there that was worth the $$ or the years. They held on to all their prospects for a few reasons. One being to make a possible trade for a young slugger or pitcher.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Papi: No question he can hit the baseball, but nothing counts unless you can make it around the bases. Does anyone remember his breakdown trying to run the bases from first last year when the batter behind him hit it out? It doesn't get easier than that.

The real question is what kind of starting rotation help we might have got for Papi's money plus a little. For that money plus what we're paying Drew we might have gotten some top shelf talent.

Last year papi was going full speed around 2nd at the time of the injury because at that point he didnt know if it was a HR or not. Its not like he was just jogging the bases and his achillies let go.

There wasnt a "top shelf" talent out there that was worth the $$ or the years. They held on to all their prospects for a few reasons. One being to make a possible trade for a young slugger or pitcher.

How many times in the last few years have we seen Ortiz go full speed around the bases?  The first time he did last season he got injured.  The first time in McCoy which he had to round third, he sat out the next two games and has not been on base since.

I am thinking that he is going to have issues with bases for the duration, but I am not a doctor or trainer, just someone who goes to Pawsox games and bases my opinions on what I see.

Ortiz had 100 hits with 25 doubles last year, before getting hurt.

That doesn't include walks.

With all those times on base, you think he never had to run hard around a base until July?

At least you're consistent.

You post at least one BS post per day....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

How many times in the last few years have we seen Ortiz go full speed around the bases?  The first time he did last season he got injured.  The first time in McCoy which he had to round third, he sat out the next two games and has not been on base since.

I am thinking that he is going to have issues with bases for the duration, but I am not a doctor or trainer, just someone who goes to Pawsox games and bases my opinions on what I see.

This is just wrong.  Ortiz hasn't always run hard to first on grounders, nobody's going to argue that.  But when he's been on base he's run hard.  I can remember a few specific occasions when Ortiz was charging for home and catchers dropped the throw.  I remember them because some of us were joking about the catcher freaking out at the prospect of the big guy barrelling in on them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

He'll be back soon.

allow me to refresh your memory, since you seem to have misremembered...

It wasnt a "trot". Someone hit a deep ball while papi was on first. Papi was running fullspeed around 2nd before he knew it was a HR. Im sure if you actually did some homework you would remember.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

This is just wrong.  Ortiz hasn't always run hard to first on grounders, nobody's going to argue that.  But when he's been on base he's run hard.  I can remember a few specific occasions when Ortiz was charging for home and catchers dropped the throw.  I remember them because some of us were joking about the catcher freaking out at the prospect of the big guy barrelling in on them.

I also remember folks here last year saying how papi was running out balls to 1b now since he was in a contract year. Also about him being in shape.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

He'll be back soon.

3-15 while he's been there (all singles).......  Why can't you let me have my opinion ??? Better yet, have you given any thought that  he just might be done ???

Your opinion has been noted Bill. No one denies your right to it. It is, however, illogical unless you think Ortiz has fallen off a cliff in less than a year. Last year he .313/1.026. The issue is getting him back on the field, not his productivity. I hope you are not trying to argue that if he gets out there its likely he will stink. There is no reason whatsoever to believe that other than personal bias.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Ortiz had 3 or 4 infield hits last season... which you need to run full speed to get usually. Not to mention usually when running the bases or trying to get a wall-ball double one runs full speed.. seriously, i know you don't like the guy but at least present a good argument.....

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

In response to jasko2248's comment:

In response to jasko2248's comment:

Yes, Questionable deals.

I would have gone with Iggy and I think Ben needs to spend more time in McCoy.

Obviously the Ortiz signing is not one of my favs.  Here we are more then a half of season listening to that he has a heel strain.  He is not even one of the better players for the Pawsox at the moment.

Whaaaat?  You're basing this on 11 AB's in Pawtucket, in which he has 3 hits and 3 RBI?  This is a candidate for wackiest post of the year.

No I am basing it on that Ortiz has been out for over a half of season with a heel strain.  I am basing it on that he has missed three games since being in Pawtucket. Possibly he comes back to fenway and produces like he did this time last year, I would just feel better about that prediction if he first goes yard at McCoy before arriving in Boston.

When are you going to come clean with this unhealthy Ortiz obsession you have that's been going on for years?!  

Did you walk up to him in a restaurant while he was having dinner and he refused to sign something?

Are you a closet Yankee fan and still upset over 2004?

Were you his wife Tiffany's high school sweetheart and you're still not over her?

Seriously, what is it? The first step in getting help for an unhealthy obsession is to admit you have one before you can get over it, and it's definitely time that you get over it...

The question should be to you & ALL......  When are you going to come to grips that the "BIG PAPI" WE KNOW, could be/is  DONE ????  Do the math......  1/Got hurt last July.... 2/ Came back in August for one game, then had to shut down.......  3/Obviously he didn't/couldn't run all last fall/winter.......  4/ ditto for SPRING TRAINING...........  As the last great S O S once said,   "WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE"  !!!!

I did not see jasko's remarks the first time.  Jasko, thanks for sounding like many others on this forum. Just posting what I see, thanks for the feedback.  There is another game tonight where we all get to see where David is on his road back to Boston.

Let me guess...You'll be sitting behind home plate sticking pins into a miniature Ortiz doll?

No but I actually took the drive down 95 to see Ortiz in person.  Luckily I went to the home opener because he has not played much since.  No pin sticking just opinions, of which this forum is made up.

In your case, your "opinions" are designed to bring attention to yourself.

Ever notice that 90% of your posts are about other posters?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I also remember folks here last year saying how papi was running out balls to 1b now since he was in a contract year. Also about him being in shape.

Did I say that?  I said that he was in better shape this year in person then on TV.  I said he motored home from third in game one.  But I never said he hustled to first.  Actually, I may kid about him jogging to first but I have no problem with the sluggers jogging to first on a routine fly or a clear single.  They stand to long at home during an at bat and often get tight.  Sprinting to first on a routine fly can cause them to pull a hamstring.

wasnt naming specific names JB. Cant remember if you did or not, I just remember posters mentioning Papi running out grounders in the infield and running the bases hard.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

He'll be back soon.

Your opinion has been noted Bill. No one denies your right to it. It is, however, illogical unless you think Ortiz has fallen off a cliff in less than a year. Last year he .313/1.026. The issue is getting him back on the field, not his productivity. I hope you are not trying to argue that if he gets out there its likely he will stink. There is no reason whatsoever to believe that other than personal bias.

NO, NO, its not a CLIFF, it's a HEEL !!!!  He can't run !!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Ortiz has homered for the PawSox!  Hallelujah! Laughing

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Eh, where did you hear this?  Some blog?  Can't be true.  Ortiz has a heel injury and no one has ever come back from a heel injury before.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Eh, where did you hear this?  Some blog?  Can't be true.  Ortiz has a heel injury and no one has ever come back from a heel injury before.

yes, this has to be false information. why you say? because Bill said so. It cannot happen, hes "done".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

Space,  I love your HUMOR !!!!   Glad he hit the H R, just hope that he doesn't have to sit out tomorrow !!!