Quit Dreamin- this 2012 Sox edition blows!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Quit Dreamin- this 2012 Sox edition blows!!

In Response to Re: Quit Dreamin- this 2012 Sox edition blows!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quit Dreamin- this 2012 Sox edition blows!! : I agree with you there. I actually had the opportunity to meet both him and Ryan Klesko back in '07 when they played the marlins. I was pretty impressed with him then. They were both pretty cool guys to hang with as well. It was a Saturday night game and the marlins host a live music act and fireworks to try and help draw a crowd. It just so happened that Blues Traveler was the band that night and Cain and Klesko got us out on the field for it. I have some pretty cool pics that I should scan and post one day.
    Posted by TBSHBT1969[/QUOTE]

Cool. We finally found some common ground.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]The Sox were forced into a quiet off season because of previous signings like Lackey, Jenks and CC.  They also did the correct thing by not trading Youk or another key player until we see how this season pans out.   Remember also that AGon and Buch were extended in April 2011. That is actually where almost all of this winter's money went. Our team simply wasn't prepared on the pitching front last season even though it may have looked differently going in.   It's hard to prepare for your 3 and 4 starters going down for most of the season, including the whole second half, as well as your 5th starter pitching hurt and horribly all year, and your 6/7th starter (Doubront) out as well. With that said we have replaced players we lost with adequate talent and are once again taking a chance, but seem to have a bit more depth on the pitching staff if Bard can fit nicely in the rotation.  The Sox still have one of the best teams in baseball if we can limit injuries and play the way we are capable of.  If not, then we will begin to see the trade talk but for now lets just see what we really have. Health is the big key this year, as always. Look at 2004 & 2007 and how many starters our top 5 guys got, then compare those amounts to 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011. After the past two seasons I'm sure a lot of die hard Sox fans are skeptical going into 2012 but the team as a whole is pretty good. It's the same offense, but with an upgrade in RF. It's about the same staff minus Paps and Lackey, but plus Bailey & Melancon. Lots of questions for sure, but lots of reasons to be optimistic as well.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

I agree moon, we were pretty much strapped for cash from the start but still have the talent going into 2012, with more depth.  I also agree there is reason to be optimistic.

We improved in RF and in my opinion at C, especially with Lav to fall back on.  Only time will tell if our previous debates on the importance of Teks "game calling skills" will be missed.  Our staff is still a question mark but not bad.  I was hoping for a guy like Garza to join the staff but knew it was unlikely in our present state.  Lets hope Bard can inject the presence Lackey couldn't and our "big three" stay relatively healthy and productive.  We both realize Wake wasn't what he once was so hopefully one or more of our cheap arms can do as well or better.  Who knows maybe Miller will finally get control of the talent we all know is there, or Dice works out.  The pen doesn't look too bad either with Aceves back "if" Bailey/Melencon etc. pitch well.  I like the Carpenters potential as well.

A new GM, manager, better focus, health/conditioning and fresh faces could be exactly what we needed. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks for your well informed and valuable input.I think you gave us all something to seriously consider.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

As Mick Jagger and the Stones played as one of their favorites    ..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OagFIQMs1tw

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]Steve Beckley's article is a wicked downer today....someone tell him it's spring training....i was impressed by this photo: Josh running and I SEE NO GUT!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

me too geo! shaun mcadams said he thought that josh dropped atleast 20lbs during the off season. I honestly believe that bobby v is gonna right this ship. yesterday he played catch with diceK and the diceman said he had never ever played catch with his manager. and don't be surprised to see CC hitting with both hands in the next 3 or 4 weeks. I'm pretty psyched man.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

If I may add and I think I mentioned this a few weeks ago. In the end, talent will prevail. The Sox seem to have adequate bench depth to get through a normal year of injuries. And your starting 8 is strong.  Any Sox fan who thinks this Sox team is not competing for the Division Crown needs to really look closely at what motivates their fandom.

That being said, as long as Boston loses one more game than NY, I am good.

Tongue out

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

This 2012 season depends more on how the players will respond to Valentine than the team make-up.
    Chemistry will decide the Red Sox season.

Side Note: Dice-K will be the difference maker. I believe he will  be lights out upon his return.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quit Dreamin- this 2012 Sox edition blows!! : Just what we need, another new negative troll.  Move to NYC and become a Yankee fan. They really need people like you.  Georom,  Sorry I called you a troll in my last post above. I cancelled the post except for the above. For once you've actually said a few positives. Please keep the good side of your points of view on the board and contribute in a positive way. I know there are players you don't like but whether or not you like these players they are on the roster and deserve our support going into the season.   Regards,  Hetchinspete
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

no sweat pete

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]This 2012 season depends more on how the players will respond to Valentine than the team make-up. Chemistry will decide the Red Sox season. Side Note: Dice-K will be the difference maker. I believe he will  be lights out upon his return.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

I never bought into the theory of team chemistry when it comes to baseball. I believe in Camradarie and team unity is big in baseball, but chemistry is more about how a team players and how they play in unison. Basketball - point guard to playmakers; Football - QB to receivers; RB to offensive line. Safeties to CB's.

Anyway, is just an opinion.