Rangers win rights for Yu Darvish

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Rangers win rights for Yu Darvish

From MLBTraderumors.com:

If Yu Darvish plays for a Major League team in 2012, he'll be wearing a Rangers uniform. Texas won the bidding for the Japanese right-hander via the posting system, according to Yahoo's Jeff Passan (on Twitter).

The bid, which appears to exceed the $51.1MM Boston paid for Daisuke Matsuzaka five years ago, offers a 30-day negotiating window. If the sides don't agree to a deal within the next 30 days, Darvish will stay in Japan and the Nippon Ham Fighters won't obtain any cash.

Darvish posted a 1.44 ERA with 10.7 K/9 and 1.4 BB/9 in 232 innings this past season and he hasn't posted an ERA above 2.00 since 2007. MLB agents suggested to MLBTR’s Tim Dierkes that it will cost at least $100MM to lock Darvish up, including the posting fee and contract.

The Blue Jays, Rangers, Yankees and Cubs placed bids on Darvish before last week's deadline. Conversely, the Giants, Athletics, Marlins, Mets, Rays, Angels, Twins, Red Sox and Orioles did not bid, according to recent reports. The Blue Jays had been favored to win the bidding for Darvish ever since the process wrapped up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Re: Rangers win rights for Yu Darvish

Just read that myself.  Great news.  Glad he is not going to pitch in the ALE.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stodknocker. Show stodknocker's posts

I'm also glad he is staying out of the AL East but it sucks he went to Dallas....
    I hate the Rangers.....
    I'm now hoping he is a major bust! 
    HAHA.....I'm synical 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

What are the chances that the American League representative to the 2012 World Series will come from the AL West for the third year in a row?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Looking at the AL East next year I think that the AL West is the tougher division - at least the first 2 teams.  Both the Sox and Yankees lack the pitching depth it takes to win at a WS level.  Texas has good pitching even with the loss of CJ Wilson and they were the number one hitting team last year.  If I could give the Sox the Rays pitching staff, nobody would have to bother showing up next year except for the WS.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Rangers win rights for Yu Darvish:
    [QUOTE]Looking at the AL East next year I think that the AL West is the tougher division - at least the first 2 teams.  Both the Sox and Yankees lack the pitching depth it takes to win at a WS level.  Texas has good pitching even with the loss of CJ Wilson and they were the number one hitting team last year.  If I could give the Sox the Rays pitching staff, nobody would have to bother showing up next year except for the WS.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

That is why they play 162 games - you just never know and it doesn't matter how stacked a team is. If anything, we learned that last year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I lived in Dallas for 8 years in the 90's and have always had a very high respect for Nolan Ryan. Having said that I wish them well with Darvish and hope they have not made the "DiceK" mistake. Given the historical success of Japanese players in MLB, Darvish will not come even close to being worth the total price.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Texas still has to sign him. Any idea what he is looking for? I would imagine it is in the Dice K range,

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Thank you God..

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Now the question is "Will Darvish accept the contract offer fron the Rangers?"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]Looking at the AL East next year I think that the AL West is the tougher division - at least the first 2 teams.  Both the Sox and Yankees lack the pitching depth it takes to win at a WS level.  Texas has good pitching even with the loss of CJ Wilson and they were the number one hitting team last year.  If I could give the Sox the Rays pitching staff, nobody would have to bother showing up next year except for the WS.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

Great point. The Rays pitching staff would be more than enough for the Sox to win it all.....Same thing for the Rangers, Yankees & Angels.  If the Rays get more offense than the AL East will really be diificult to win.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

will be interesting to see what las vegas future book odds on the WS will be.I'd have it rangers,phillies,angels as the top 3 followed by the yanks,sox,rays and tigers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Talks are supposedly coming in between 12 - 15 million per year with a 5 or 6 year deal. That is a lot of money for someone who has never pitched in the Major's.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Well, the Rangers did not make the team any better cuz they lost Wilson and added Darvish if he accept the deal with them. So it is like saying minus one and plus one.  Plus the Rangers have few players that are often injure proned players such as Hamilton, Napoli, Beltre, Mooreland, etc.  

I just think that the Angels will be the biggest threat to the Rangers for the AL West division. The Angels do not have a true #1 pitcher on the starting pitching staffs, but still they have guys that are all more alike all "#3" starting pitchers.  I would take five middle starting rotation pitchers than having just one true #1 pitcher along with four "#5" pitchers on the starting rotation.  Like the Tigers, Tigers cant just depend Verlander for the whole season.  

Will the AL West send a team to the world series for the third straight year?  I think they can.  But there are also alot of other good teams depending if they can all stay healthy can make to the world series too such as Yankees, Red Sox, Rays, and Tigers.  I know it sounded like it is almost the same teams from last year.  Which that is because all other teams didnt make much big moves except the Royals.    

It will just all come down to health to the team especially the starting rotation!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

ouch!...shows what i know, i thought the Jays' were a lock....Sealed

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Sox don't need Yu, they need a closer and in my opinion a RFer.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Rangers win rights for Yu Darvish:
    [QUOTE]From MLBTraderumors.com: If Yu Darvish plays for a Major League team in 2012, he'll be wearing a Rangers uniform. Texas won the bidding for the Japanese right-hander via the posting system, according to Yahoo's Jeff Passan (on Twitter). The bid, which appears to exceed the $51.1MM Boston paid for Daisuke Matsuzaka five years ago, offers a 30-day negotiating window. If the sides don't agree to a deal within the next 30 days, Darvish will stay in Japan and the Nippon Ham Fighters won't obtain any cash. Darvish posted a 1.44 ERA with 10.7 K/9 and 1.4 BB/9 in 232 innings this past season and he hasn't posted an ERA above 2.00 since 2007. MLB agents suggested to  MLBTR’s Tim Dierkes  that it will cost at least $100MM to lock Darvish up, including the posting fee and contract. The Blue Jays, Rangers, Yankees and Cubs placed bids on Darvish before last week's deadline. Conversely, the Giants, Athletics, Marlins, Mets, Rays, Angels, Twins, Red Sox and Orioles did not bid, according to recent reports . The Blue Jays  had been favored  to win the bidding for Darvish ever since the process wrapped up.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

Its obvious Nolan Ryan wants to win, knows his talent any how to market it.  He is quickly becoming the best baseball mind out there in my opinion.  Eventually the Rangers will be WC's, or at the very least be a very difficult team to beat for years to come along with the Angels.

Larry and Ben have serious competition and not just from the Yankees anymore.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

If Nolan want to win, he should go after Fielder too!!!  Hamilton and Beltre cant carry the team for the whole season due they are both an injure proned players.  Rangers were fortunate to play in an easy AL west division.  Now the Angels are a much better team, the Rangers will have a difficult task to win the division next season as well for the next many years!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]If Nolan want to win, he should go after Fielder too!!!  Hamilton and Beltre cant carry the team for the whole season due they are both an injure proned players.  Rangers were fortunate to play in an easy AL west division.  Now the Angels are a much better team, the Rangers will have a difficult task to win the division next season as well for the next many years!!
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree Uconn, nothing fortunate about it.  The Rangers had a good staff, solid pen and well rounded team who "like the Sox" when healthy always have a chance to win it.  They deserved to be there and Ryan has done a great job since taking over he doesn't need Fielder to win it all.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rangers win rights for Yu Darvish : I have to disagree Uconn, nothing fortunate about it.  The Rangers had a good staff, solid pen and well rounded team who "like the Sox" when healthy always have a chance to win it.  They deserved to be there and Ryan has done a great job since taking over he doesn't need Fielder to win it all.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Disagree with you.  Had the Angels have a good team during the years that Rangers made to the world series, Rangers would not be able to give alot of extra days rest to Hamilton or Beltre or Napoli or Young, etc.  Unlike Boston forcing some of their own players to play hurt to try to help Boston to stay in the playoff race.  

I agreed with you that Texas have a bit far better pitching than Boston.  But the difference between Boston and Texas is that Texas did not over use their pitching staffs especially their bullpen while Boston over-worked everyone.  

That is why I say that the Rangers did benefit alot for playing in a weak west division!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

My prediction of 61 was a bit of an overbid. At least the Jays didn't get him...but good pickup for the Rangers. I look forward to watching him this year if he signs. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rangers win rights for Yu Darvish : Disagree with you.  Had the Angels have a good team during the years that Rangers made to the world series, Rangers would not be able to give alot of extra days rest to Hamilton or Beltre or Napoli or Young, etc.  Unlike Boston forcing some of their own players to play hurt to try to help Boston to stay in the playoff race.   I agreed with you that Texas have a bit far better pitching than Boston.  But the difference between Boston and Texas is that Texas did not over use their pitching staffs especially their bullpen while Boston over-worked everyone.   That is why I say that the Rangers did benefit alot for playing in a weak west division!!
    I would note that the Rangers advanced to the 2010 World Series without Adrian Beltre or Mike Napoli.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]If Nolan want to win, he should go after Fielder too!!!  Hamilton and Beltre cant carry the team for the whole season due they are both an injure proned players.  Rangers were fortunate to play in an easy AL west division.  Now the Angels are a much better team, the Rangers will have a difficult task to win the division next season as well for the next many years!!
    How is Beltre injury prone??  In 13 season he has played less then 145 games only 5 times and has never played less then 110 in a season.....and has 7 seasons with over 150 games.  The guy is a gamer and shows up to play every day.  As far as I'm concerned the Sox should have found a way to keep him.  I would take Beltre over Youk anyday...... 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rangers win rights for Yu Darvish : How is Beltre injury prone??  In 13 season he has played less then 145 games only 5 times and has never played less then 110 in a season.....and has 7 seasons with over 150 games.  The guy is a gamer and shows up to play every day.  As far as I'm concerned the Sox should have found a way to keep him.  I would take Beltre over Youk anyday...... 
    Posted by d3f863d9338d62909b0c5acb8fc2aef4[/QUOTE]

Nice post but can't you scrap that moniker name? It looks like a moniker that Spock or Data from Star Trek would come up with.