Rays Gone Fishin' With Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Rays Gone Fishin' With Red Sox

Will the yanks be next???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Rays Gone Fishin' With Red Sox

In Response to Rays Gone Fishin' With Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]Will the yanks be next???
    Posted by westcoastsox9[/QUOTE]

Three HR's today, big game for Beltre.  It looks like Tampa's pitching met their match and Maddon may have used his secret weapon "Matt Moore" one too many times.  It would be great to see Texas beat up on Lee and the Phils in the WS.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

In Response to Re: Rays Gone Fishin' With Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Rays Gone Fishin' With Red Sox : Three HR's today, big game for Beltre.  It looks like Tampa's pitching met their match and Maddon may have used his secret weapon "Matt Moore" one too many times.  It would be great to see Texas beat up on Lee and the Phils in the WS.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Yea Beltre wasn't hitting wall scrapers either, they were crushed!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

All that for 4 extra games.  I'll take the draft picks thank you very much.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Rays Gone Fishin' With Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]Will the yanks be next???
    Posted by westcoastsox9[/QUOTE]

After last night's game, I would say that the Yankees should win their series against the Tigers.  Although, I suppose that anything can happen on Thursday. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

Yankees could have lost if Granderson didnt make that two nice catches.  Now the game is down to game #5.  Yankees havent play five games series in a while.  Normally either the Yankees are done or advance to the next round with 4 games or less. 

Too bad Verlander cant pitch game #5.  Who know he could come in as a reliever.

Texas were just too strong against Tampa.  I am sure Boston would have trouble playing against them cuz Texas have a two nice left handed starting pitchers at the same time Boston is too lefty.

Well, now Joe Maddon will be on the manager listing for Boston team!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Rays Gone Fishin' With Red Sox : After last night's game, I would say that the Yankees should win their series against the Tigers.  Although, I suppose that anything can happen on Thursday. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

I have felt that as well, if the yanqees won game 4 they would win the series.  But stranger things have happened and we will see a young Ivan Nova in a closeout game, going to be interesting!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from majormathew. Show majormathew's posts

Nova will do his thing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

If the truth be known, the Rays will be back.     They'll have a full year from Desmond Jennings who was slated to replace Crawford anyway.     Maybe a full year of health from Longoria.     Their young pitching staff won't get worse.    The LH Matt Moore looks like a kid with a future.      They keep churning good prospects from a well run farm system.     Amazing that they can do so well with a small payroll and not much of a fanbase.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from majormathew. Show majormathew's posts

Yeah Rays aint going no where.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

The Rays only made the playoffs through a 'Gift from God' as Adrian Gonzalez tried to sell us.

They had no business being there if the Red Sox had finished their business!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]If the truth be known, the Rays will be back.     They'll have a full year from Desmond Jennings who was slated to replace Crawford anyway.     Maybe a full year of health from Longoria.     Their young pitching staff won't get worse.    The LH Matt Moore looks like a kid with a future.      They keep churning good prospects from a well run farm system.     Amazing that they can do so well with a small payroll and not much of a fanbase.
    Posted by OnDeckCircle[/QUOTE] They have a great farm system and they develope their own pitchers and starting players. How they get their young guys is by offering top dollar as draftees,then they have them under control for 6 years if they haven't made it to the show in 6 years oh well!!! Next! Theo has s krewd the pooch as far as developement is concerned. They Sox do have a couple of interesting propects but unlike the Rays you don't see them in the bigs because the Sox also have already MLB players at those positions.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

Rays is going to deal with all kind of problems during the off season.  Here is the headline that I copied and pasted from mlbtraderumor.
    Eligible For Free Agency (4)

Contract Options (3)

• James Shields: $7MM club option with a $2MM buyout.  Otherwise arbitration eligible.  This seems like it will be an easy choice to exercise.  Shields is under control through 2014, and if he becomes available this summer or winter the Rays could get a nice bounty.  We're getting ahead of ourselves, though - the team is only three games back in the AL East.
    • Kelly Shoppach: $3.2MM club option with a $300K buyout.  Shoppach hasn't done much hitting in his Rays career, so this is a tough call.  One factor to consider is the progress of catching prospect Robinson Chirinos.
    • Kyle Farnsworth: $3.3MM club option with a $650K buyout.  He's gotten the job done so far, and this option will merit consideration.

Arbitration Eligible (7)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Rays played hard, but talent usually wins...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

The Yanks will win it all, adding extra heavy salt to our deep wound of this season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]The Yanks will win it all, adding extra heavy salt to our deep wound of this season.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

I can only hope that you are wrong.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from njalb. Show njalb's posts

Sour grapes all around here, the Rays are just better than us.  12-6 Rays this year, nuff said

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Yanks don't have the pitching to go deep in playoff...I will say that I am impressed with that kid catcher Montero that they have...21 years old...he is exactly what the Sox need in the farm system...catching is their weakest position all around.  That said...the pitching was pretty shabby that last month too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Rays is going to deal with all kind of problems during the off season."

Unlike the Sox, yeah, we have no offseason issues at all. Except potentially losing our closer and David Ortiz to further weaken a non-clutch offense. Oh and the manager is gone and maybe the GM too. Yeah, the Rays have all kinds of problems but we're all set. Oh, and Youk is done (or close to it) and we have no natural position for him. Oh, yeah, there is that.