Rays Series: Predictions/Thoughts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Rays Series: Predictions/Thoughts

))
     )
    It'll be Kyle Weiland vs. J. Hellickson followed by Josh Beckett vs. J. Shields, Jon Lester vs. J. Niemann and Tim Wakefield vs. D. Price.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Guvnor. Show Guvnor's posts

Re: Rays Series: Predictions/Thoughts

would be delighted with a split given the pitching matchups

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

2-2

I think we'll see a little something from Weiland.  Just needs to stay away from the walks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

The way we've been playing I'll be happy with a split with Rays and with the other teams the rest of the year, provided the Rays also split. Need the Yankees, since it seems they are going to win the division, to do us a favor & take at least 4 out of 7 in their series with Tampa.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: Rays Series: Predictions/Thoughts:
    [QUOTE]2-2 I think we'll see a little something from Weiland.  Just needs to stay away from the walks.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

Yup, the problem with walks---and today was a perfect example as we were leading 4-2 and give up 2 walks in the 8th. Now, we can't nibble to risk another walk and the opponents know we need come down the middle so can look for a fat pitch !!!

Monday morning quaterback I know but with a 2 run lead, make sure you don't walk anyone & let the batter hit. If he gets a hit, so be it but at least there's a chance they'll be an out. With a walk there is no chance !!! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bballfan99. Show bballfan99's posts

stop walking batters--- our D is great!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tetonman50. Show tetonman50's posts

[QUOTE]The way we've been playing I'll be happy with a split with Rays and with the other teams the rest of the year, provided the Rays also split. Need the Yankees, since it seems they are going to win the division, to do us a favor & take at least 4 out of 7 in their series with Tampa.
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]
    Surely they will do their best to take at least 4 out of 7. I am sure they would much rather face us rather than TB in the post season. Forget the regular season record that was built with a different Red Sox team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

2-2 I think: L, W, W, L. Wakefield might get lucky and get that last one. But even so, 2-2 is ok. With the Rays losing tonight, it'd drop the magic # to 7 with 10 to play, down to 5 if Wake can get lucky.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rays Series: Predictions/Thoughts : Surely they will do their best to take at least 4 out of 7. I am sure they would much rather face us rather than TB in the post season. Forget the regular season record that was built with a different Red Sox team.
    Posted by tetonman50[/QUOTE]

NYY will do what suits NYY. They don't care about us one way or the other. They'll do what puts them in the best position. I'll go out on a limb now, NYY will not win the World Series this year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Not too far out on that limb are you?  The Yankees are the weakest of all the teams when it comes to starting pitching and the strongest when it comes to hitting.  The old adage will prevail - Good pitching shuts down good hitting everyday.  Yankees have no chance to win WS.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

I predict we get swept.   Gonzo out (?), Ortiz out (?), Youk basically damaged and playing poorly, who will score runs in the power spots?   PD and Els can't do it alone.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Defensively I would prefer to see Aviles at third and Lowrie at first and give AGon and Youk a day to heal a bit. If Papi's not ready, go with Lavarnway for another day or two. Move CC into the three slot.
    Perhaps we might get two great efforts from Weilland and Wake with Lester feeling the need to make up for his poor performance last week. Who knows about Beckett--

I would give Bard the weekend to get things together.

My suggestion would be to slide Aceves into Bard's 8 th inning slot for the weekend with Atch and Morales in the 7 th. It's desperation time--the starters need to all give at least 6 innings.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

lol duck boats ... good one

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

We can end this with a sweep.
    Clearly they have the pitching edge and the desire to stay in the hunt.
    I would say we lose tonight but then we get stellar performances from Josh, Jon, and Timmy to take 3 of 4.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

They take 3 of 4 and end Tampa's hopes for the WC.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Obviously , this is the biggest series of the year. Let's hope the Sox give it everything they have in them. Need good at -bats.  Pitchers throwing strikes. (Tired of seeing our starters in early pitch count trouble and spotting the opponent an early lead.) Solid defense. No more rest days.  All hands on deck. And that includes Papi , AGon and Youk.  With a maximum effort , we can take three out of four and pretty much wrap up the wild card.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene--. Show Bad-Scene--'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rays Series: Predictions/Thoughts : NYY will do what suits NYY. They don't care about us one way or the other. They'll do what puts them in the best position. I'll go out on a limb now, NYY will not win the World Series this year.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

I can agree with that but the Sox certainly aren't going to win the WS either.  They have a lot of holes for a team that was supposed to win it all. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Don't know what to expect, wouldn't be entirely surprised by a sweep either way, but I'm thinking split, which would almost be enough to get us to October (thanks to the Orioles); I'm thinking Weiland's going to have a decent outing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Here's a disturbing thought.  The Rays could only score 9 runs in 3 games against the Orioles staff.  But that was after scoring 22 runs in 3 games against the Red Sox staff.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Yeah for some reaon people say our schedual is more easy the rest of the way... but the Orioles and Blue Jays seem to have enough to beat us up some.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I say, L-W-W-W.

We end the season losing only 3 more games.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Red Sox win 3 of the 4 games

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

[QUOTE]I say, L-W-W-W. We end the season losing only 3 more games.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Personally, I'd rather see a W-W-L-W, W-L-W-W, W-W-W-L, or a W-W-W-W.

I don't think the Sox should automatically lose tonight because they think they should. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Rays sweep, we will be very lucky and fortuneate to win one. Maybe Lester?? Doubtful.