re LAVARNWAY'S DOUBLE OFF THE TOP OF THE WALL.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

re LAVARNWAY'S DOUBLE OFF THE TOP OF THE WALL.

Like i had been saying before. let this guy work in the weight room in the offseason and put on a few pounds and those long balls that were inside the park are gonna go farther.

someone mentioned potentially trading him for a pitcher.
    i'm looking for him in the future. beyond papi and youk, and alongside middlebrook possibly in the sox order.

in my fantasy, that's long after we sign ellsbury.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: re LAVARNWAY'S DOUBLE OFF THE TOP OF THE WALL.

6'4 and 230..Hes a pretty big boy already..No worries, he'll get his fair share of round-trippers...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to re LAVARNWAY'S DOUBLE OFF THE TOP OF THE WALL.:
    [QUOTE]Like i had been saying before. let this guy work in the weight room in the offseason and put on a few pounds and those long balls that were inside the park are gonna go farther. someone mentioned potentially trading him for a pitcher. i'm looking for him in the future. beyond papi and youk, and alongside middlebrook possibly in the sox order. in my fantasy, that's long after we sign ellsbury.
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

I never thought anyone would suggest this guy should get bigger. He's one of the biggest call-ups I've ever seen.

I also wouldn't trade him in a million years. I think he's going to be huge for the Sox (no pun intended lol).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

Lavarnway and Salty, share catching and DH ing from 2013 onward.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

He was an outfielder--work on him in LF and move CC to right. What's  the point in looking for a RHanded bat--we have two with "Way-back" and DMc. We will need a place for him to play if he keeps hitting.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

In Response to Re: re LAVARNWAY'S DOUBLE OFF THE TOP OF THE WALL.:
    [QUOTE]He was an outfielder--work on him in LF and move CC to right. What's  the point in looking for a RHanded bat--we have two with "Way-back" and DMc. We will need a place for him to play if he keeps hitting.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

Good idea, except, one problem, Crawford has no arm, you need an arm to play right, otherwise , every runner on first makes third on anything hit to right, even shallow stuff. However that is an option, it may be the best solution. Considering that Crawford is totally untradeable.

They need a right handed bat in the outfield. Don't know if Lavarnway has enough speed to play right, being a catcher he certainly has the arm .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]6'4 and 230..Hes a pretty big boy already..No worries, he'll get his fair share of round-trippers...
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

yes he's big, i'm looking at his frame and what he can carry athletically without slowing him down. and hes got some room. btw even if he dint want to put on weight, there's powerlifting. his body still looks raw with a lot of potential.

i'm a gym rat for many years, so thats why i notice and speak about this.

agreed kim. hes a keeper. just need to fit him in a position.
    even if its pinch hitter when papi and youk come back.
    and trying him in different positions in practice is always good to see if he can stay in when he pinch hits later in games.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: re LAVARNWAY'S DOUBLE OFF THE TOP OF THE WALL. : yes he's big, i'm looking at his frame and what he can carry athletically without slowing him down. and hes got some room. btw even if he dint want to put on weight, there's powerlifting. his body still looks raw with a lot of potential. i'm a gym rat for many years, so thats why i notice and speak about this. agreed kim. hes a keeper. just need to fit him in a position. even if its pinch hitter when papi and youk come back. and trying him in different positions in practice is always good to see if he can stay in when he pinch hits later in games.
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

It's a mistake to bring this kid up in the middle of a penant race and make hm fill Papi's shoes....too much pressure.
    The RS syhould have gone out and got a veteran bat for the stretch.
    Epstein and Francona are idiots.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

You're putting us on, Alibi Gripe. Good one. LOL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

No way Lavarnway ever sets foot in Fenway's RF. LF is not impossible though but this guy is real slow. If his bat is as projected though he might someday be acceptable in LF.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

I wouldn't worry about his pop. 30 HR in around 480 AB is not bad at Pawtucket. The International league average hitting is around .260. Not a homer haven also. The guy has great numbers. And he's just 24. He might well be a 40-45 HR guy later on in Fenway. He is built for that park. No way we trade him any time soon.
    I'm not projecting him to hit 40-45 HR ok guys. I'm just saying it's plausible given his minor league numbers and the approach and contact rates I'm seeing at the plate.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

That ball he hit for the double was close to 380. That would easily have been a wall ball in Fenway, or over the wall.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: re LAVARNWAY'S DOUBLE OFF THE TOP OF THE WALL. : It's a mistake to bring this kid up in the middle of a penant race and make hm fill Papi's shoes....too much pressure. The RS syhould have gone out and got a veteran bat for the stretch. Epstein and Francona are idiots.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]They were going to but they were all out at WalMart.

Lavarnway is up until Youk comes off of the DL or until Ortiz is healthy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: re LAVARNWAY'S DOUBLE OFF THE TOP OF THE WALL. : It's a mistake to bring this kid up in the middle of a penant race and make hm fill Papi's shoes....too much pressure. The RS syhould have gone out and got a veteran bat for the stretch. Epstein and Francona are idiots.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Let's see. Where would this RH upgrade play? At what cost? How often will he play? Will he validate the cost?
    Lavernway is 24. He's got a borderline M.L. bat. What more can he learn about hitting facing AAA competition? How is hitting in a pennant race going to impede his progress? If he were in AA and seen as an all-around player, then I can see UR point.

Lavernway has earned the right to understudy for Youk. He's a DH. He's a cost-effective replacement who should prosper from the unique experience. At his age, it's time. Nobody is expecting him to carry the team on his shoulders. Anything he can produce is a gift - for both him and the team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

He's tall, too, did I mention that Ryan is tall?