Realistic Yankee Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Realistic Yankee Thread

Moon has been a respected poster here for years. As far as I can tell, he has never bashed the Yankees in his threads for fun. He is also the author of a series of "Tampa Bay not going away" threads, much to my disappointment. Not that he puts them up, but because when he puts them up, I know we're going to have a problem with them.

His Yank Tank thread was well-researched, and as per usual Moon, also included statistics to back up what he was posting. My opinion is there is no way that thread should have been removed as everything to do with the Yankees has to do with the Sox being in the same division. Again, his Rays threads have always remained as well.

Do you believe his realistic thread on the Yankees possibly tanking this season should have been removed on a Sox forum? I'm not putting this up as a poll because that's anonymous voting, and you never know where the votes are coming from when you do that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from caseycsw. Show caseycsw's posts

Re: Realistic Yankee Thread

The Pike-like alter ego act continues, as Pike kisses moon's moon at every other opportunity, and he starts a thread dedicated to her that gets removed...OMG, this is pretty sad stuff...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I guess the question is, are we not allowed to look at the Yankees realistically here?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

It was removed? !!! I did not even notice.

Surely discussing our biggest in-division threat and our chief historical enemy is worth  a thread "On the Front Burner"...

I have always wanted other teams being represented on the forum as it gives us insight to our competition. Surely there is room for say a Blue Jays Thread or a Yankees Thread rather than 5 or 6 Trade for Hanley Threads, or 3 or 4 Release Lackey (forthcoming)..... what is up BDC?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from caseycsw. Show caseycsw's posts

In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread:
    [QUOTE]I guess the question is, are we not allowed to look at the Yankees realistically here?
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Are we not allowed to look at emotionally abusive posters, Pike, such as yourself "realistically" here?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]It was removed? !!! I did not even notice. Surely discussing our biggest in-division threat and our chief historical enemy is worth  a thread "On the Front Burner"... I have always wanted other teams being represented on the forum as it gives us insight to our competition. Surely there is room for say a Blue Jays Thread or a Yankees Thread rather than 5 or 6 Trade for Hanley Threads, or 3 or 4 Release Lackey (forthcoming)..... what is up BDC ?
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

It's unreal. Moon has had many threads on the Rays, and they are never deleted. Again, he was looking at the team realistically, not bashing them. Apparently, that was even too much.

The way he creates his threads, with all the statistics to back up what he's saying as fact makes no sense that it was removed. I don't get it. There must be posters who don't want the Yankees looked at realistically. Might cause them to have to "keep it real" about their own team for once.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

A Main Thread on the Yankees, Rays, and any other team that is set to win in 2012 should be maintained on the board.... isn't it about the competition as much as the home team?  Do we pretend other teams don't exist?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]A Main Thread on the Yankees, Rays, and any other team that is set to win in 2012 should be maintained on the board.... isn't it about the competition as much as the home team?  Do we pretend other teams don't exist?
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I agree. It's ridiculous when you can't even look at your competition.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

It's going to be hard to post on the board if we can't debate the Yankees' side of things.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : Thank you. I agree. It's ridiculous when you can't even look at your competition.

Selective Competition - BDC has had zero issues with Rays threads for the past year. Smells Fishy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I was looking for that thread last night. It was an excellent thread, Moon put up some good numbers with room for debate plus we had some good humor going on.

If it was BDC who removed it, then that was pizz poor of them . It is also possible that Moon removed his own thread (I think).

Put the Yankee thread

back BDC

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]I was looking for that thread last night. It was an excellent thread, Moon put up some good numbers with room for debate plus we had some good humor going on. If it was BDC who removed it, then that was pizz poor of them . It is also possible that Moon removed his own thread (I think). Put the Yankee thread back BDC
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

You said the same thing last season when I created a Yankee thread and it was removed almost immediately. First of all, you can't remove your own threads, and you know this. You guys are constantly deflecting the blame onto Sox fans. Just like the blame for bumping threads, multiple aliases, deleted posts and threads, and anything and everything that is wrong with this board. I have absolutely no idea how that still goes over here. Yankee fans can do no wrong. It's unbelievable on a rival team's site. It's not even on your radar that Yankee fans had it removed. Their numbers in the off-season can easily eclipse the Sox fans. It was either Moon or BDC at will according to you. Again, unbelievable.

You also know that you can't put threads back that have been deleted. What should happen here is there should be an ability to create a thread that would look at the Yankees realistically -- like is done with the Sox and the Rays, and not have it removed. The removal makes no sense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I can't believe that thread was removed.  There was nothing offensive in it in the least.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Bad move to remove that thread. I don't think Dottie works 24/7, so there might be a rotation of thread watchers, who have different standards about what should be removed. He/she did not perform due diligence, and probably went largely by the title. Someone should notify Dottie and ask why it was removed, to the point that even a few Yankee fans are wondering. Also, I believe they can restore deleted threads, but don't hold me to it; I think they've done it before, but I don't have perfect recall about when.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]I guess the question is, are we not allowed to look at the Yankees realistically here? Posted by kimsaysthis
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

Hey Zac

I hope you had a great off season.  I agree with you on ticket sales.  I usually have all my tickets bought by now but last year has left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I had tickets to the last games at the Yard last year.  I went to one game, they stunk so much I stayed home for the second.  Why make a two hour trip when those guys had thrown in the towel.

The Sox have something to prove this year, they have to show this fan that they are worth the price of a ticket.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]Bad move to remove that thread. I don't think Dottie works 24/7, so there might be a rotation of thread watchers, who have different standards about what should be removed. He/she did not perform due diligence, and probably went largely by the title. Someone should notify Dottie and ask why it was removed, to the point that even a few Yankee fans are wondering. Also, I believe they can restore deleted threads, but don't hold me to it; I think they've done it before, but I don't have perfect recall about when.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

I think you're 100% right.  It was a snap decision by someone who didn't look at it closely enough.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I don't see the Rays thread anymore either, but the one on Friedman is still around. Go figure!

My thread on the Yanks had everything to do with the Sox and our chances of passing somebody in our division. It was respectful and filled with facts about age, trends, and possibly weaknesses and question marks. 

I think sometimes the monitors just delete any thread with the word "Yank" in it. The Rays threads lasted months and months, but my Part III is nowhere to be found. At least they could have just moved them to another thread rather than just delete all my well researched work. I don't save most of my research.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

I guess that starting threads with refererances to the Yankees in the tittle without includung a reference to the Sox is grounds for those with oversight to remove them without actually checking the content. Perhaps Moon (and others) should rename the thread to "The Yank's tank in 2012, Red Sox seize opportunity"...

Frankly, there are far more Red Sox post that should be deleted, then those that are started to discuss our long time rivals...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In Response to Realistic Yankee Thread:
    [QUOTE]Moon has been a respected poster here for years. As far as I can tell, he has never bashed the Yankees in his threads for fun. He is also the author of a series of "Tampa Bay not going away" threads, much to my disappointment. Not that he puts them up, but because when he puts them up, I know we're going to have a problem with them. His Yank Tank thread was well-researched, and as per usual Moon, also included statistics to back up what he was posting. My opinion is there is no way that thread should have been removed as everything to do with the Yankees has to do with the Sox being in the same division. Again, his Rays threads have always remained as well. Do you believe his realistic thread on the Yankees possibly tanking this season should have been removed on a Sox forum? I'm not putting this up as a poll because that's anonymous voting, and you never know where the votes are coming from when you do that.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]This site needs yankee fans to keep it real. Otherwise it turns into a love in with unrealistic expectations. Must have a healthy mix of fans to keep it real. If BDC eliminated that thread and others like it they are signing their own death certificate. They will lose posters bottom line.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Realistic Yankee Thread : This site needs yankee fans to keep it real. Otherwise it turns into a love in with unrealistic expectations. Must have a healthy mix of fans to keep it real. If BDC eliminated that thread and others like it they are signing their own death certificate. They will lose posters bottom line.
    Posted by Hingham Hammer[/QUOTE]

The other Hammer is a Red Sox fan. What's up with stealing his moniker?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

In Response to Realistic Yankee Thread:
    [QUOTE]Moon has been a respected poster here for years. As far as I can tell, he has never bashed the Yankees in his threads for fun. He is also the author of a series of "Tampa Bay not going away" threads, much to my disappointment. Not that he puts them up, but because when he puts them up, I know we're going to have a problem with them. His Yank Tank thread was well-researched, and as per usual Moon, also included statistics to back up what he was posting. My opinion is there is no way that thread should have been removed as everything to do with the Yankees has to do with the Sox being in the same division. Again, his Rays threads have always remained as well. Do you believe his realistic thread on the Yankees possibly tanking this season should have been removed on a Sox forum? I'm not putting this up as a poll because that's anonymous voting, and you never know where the votes are coming from when you do that.

I think your arguments have merit, Kim, and I think the thread should not have been removed.

The Red Sox and the Yankees are the Ying and Yang of the AL East, if not all of baseball.  Complementary opposites.  They - we - are locked in an etertnal struggle with each other and our intentions.  

And we are their fans.  We follow their fortunes because, in the best of times and on the best of terms, the rivalry between BOS and NYY provides evidence of our better natures - striving for excellence, purity of purpose and intentions, humility in victory and grace in defeat.  We want to see ourselves in them.  We want to identify and like them. Like I said, on the best of days, we look for these things, even if they don't always happen. LOL.

Whether one or the other is evil should be beside the point.  This is extreme competition.  The best and worst of ourselves is at stake here.

We will fight the other until hell freezes over. And after that, we will fight on the ice.

That said, it is impossible to think of one franchose making a move without evaluating the potential impact on the other.  So within that context, it is perfectly reasonable to have a thread that talks about the Yankees because, inevitably within the context of the postings witihin that thread, discussion of the Red Sox will follow.

If this were not so, then why would the Yankees and the Red Sox have been involved in so many bidding wars for free agents and/or trades??  Why would they have gone to battle over the srvices of Curt Schilling and Alex Gonzalelez? 
    Like they say on Law and Order - "Asked and answered your honor!"

And you are right with respect to moonslav59.  I cannot imagine him being banned for any reason.  He is the most reasonable among us and a superior maderator of a thread, as his Realistic threads have proven in the past.

So I support your premise and you are free to use my name, for what it is worth, in any defense that you might want to muster against this egregious decision.  

I think we need some answers on this one.  We don't need answers very often, but this one needs explaining.

Thanks for raising the issue, Kim.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Thank you for that dissertation Professor.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]I don't see the Rays thread anymore either, but the one on Friedman is still around. Go figure! My thread on the Yanks had everything to do with the Sox and our chances of passing somebody in our division. It was respectful and filled with facts about age, trends, and possibly weaknesses and question marks.  I think sometimes the monitors just delete any thread with the word "Yank" in it. The Rays threads lasted months and months, but my Part III is nowhere to be found. At least they could have just moved them to another thread rather than just delete all my well researched work. I don't save most of my research.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

It's really a shame that your Rays and Yankess threads have been deleted Moon.  I'm not sure why they would have been deleted.  I would have to guess along with others that one of the mods just didn't read it closely enough, and that it was deleted erroneously.

FWIW, you really shouldn't feel the need to have to defend your threads (or yourself against other posters).   It is obvious that you put a good amount of time and thought into your posts.  Anyone who is here regularly knows the quality of your posts and of your threads.   Keep up the great work.  :-)