Red Sox 3B Situation - Holt or Bogaerts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Red Sox 3B Situation - Holt or Bogaerts

1. With the trade deadline not over, the Red Sox are bringing Holt up since he has options.

2. The Red Sox face Iwakuma and King Felix the next two nights, two tough righties so the Red Sox would probably best be served with Holt, at least for Wednesday and Thursday.

3. Come Friday, and assuming the passing of the trade deadline, I see the Red Sox bringing up Bogaerts and either sending Holt back or Snyder back.

Bogaerts is 2 for 3 today with a double. His average is up to .281, his OBP is now .385, SLUG at .483 and OPS at .868.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Red Sox 3B Situation - Holt or Bogaerts

In response to ADG's comment:

1. With the trade deadline not over, the Red Sox are bringing Holt up since he has options.

2. The Red Sox face Iwakuma and King Felix the next two nights, two tough righties so the Red Sox would probably best be served with Holt, at least for Wednesday and Thursday.

3. Come Friday, and assuming the passing of the trade deadline, I see the Red Sox bringing up Bogaerts and either sending Holt back or Snyder back.

Bogaerts is 2 for 3 today with a double. His average is up to .281, his OBP is now .385, SLUG at .483 and OPS at .868.

Thoughts?

Agree, makes a lot of baseball sense !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

holt, but i think sox will give middy another shot very soon. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Why not bring them both up?  Bogaerts starts at 3B vs right-handers, and at SS vs lefties.  Middlebrooks starts at 3B vs lefties, and pinch-hits.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I think Snyder goes down.  Holt can play all infield positions and we have no backup 2B ss or 3B.  Snyder is pretty much a 3Bman....then again I've been wrong before and maybe some biased comes here because I really think Bogaerts is getting promoted (and I want him too) but I really think Holt is with the club for the rest of the year and Bogaerts will get the call up any day now.

Then again weirder things have happened.  Maybe the really want Bogaerts to get more time in at third and Snyder starts tearing the cover off the ball.  Then they might wait a little while....but if Snyder starts tearing the cover off the ball thats a good thing right?