Red Sox @ Blue Jays: 4/10 Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Red Sox @ Blue Jays: 4/10 Game Thread

In Response to Re: Red Sox @ Blue Jays: 4/10 Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Red Sox @ Blue Jays: 4/10 Game Thread": But he needs a 3rd pitch
    Posted by MikeNagy stilleatsworms[/QUOTE]

thats for sure. but it will come. this is only his first start. he will mature as a starter and that 3rd pitch will come along.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

20 pitch average won't keep him around for long.  Hopefully he will get better as he goes along.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

lets get those bats swinging!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dublin_Sox. Show Dublin_Sox's posts

Bard reminds me so much of Joba. Way over rated. I find it funny everyone was clamouring for him to be closer, i was never confident with him in games when it was on the line last year. Cant see why everyone thinks hes the answer, the answer was Paplebon. Our pitching stinks. If Beckett takes his customary year off after a good year we are screwed. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

That shift really suks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy stilleatsworms. Show MikeNagy stilleatsworms's posts

That's not fair!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Do Jerry and Don even know there is a game going on???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy stilleatsworms. Show MikeNagy stilleatsworms's posts

In response to "Re: Red Sox @ Blue Jays: 4/10 Game Thread": [QUOTE]Bard reminds me so much of Joba. Way over rated. I find it funny everyone was clamouring for him to be closer, i was never confident with him in games when it was on the line last year. Cant see why everyone thinks hes the answer, the answer was Paplebon. Our pitching stinks. If Beckett takes his customary year off after a good year we are screwed.  Posted by Dublin_Sox[/QUOTE] That dog seems familiar

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]Bard reminds me so much of Joba. Way over rated. I find it funny everyone was clamouring for him to be closer, i was never confident with him in games when it was on the line last year. Cant see why everyone thinks hes the answer, the answer was Paplebon. Our pitching stinks. If Beckett takes his customary year off after a good year we are screwed. 
    Posted by Dublin_Sox[/QUOTE]

not if cook comes through. plus dice-k comes back in june..... bard is the ideal setup man. im iffy about him starting, i'd much rather see him in the pen. he could close too if he wanted. after all he was groomed to be Paps succesor...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Do Jerry and Don even know there is a game going on???
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

162 games going on -- nothing wrong with the occasional side tracks. It's not like they missed any action.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jumpshotking13. Show jumpshotking13's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Red Sox @ Blue Jays: 4/10 Game Thread": But he needs a 3rd pitch
    Posted by MikeNagy stilleatsworms[/QUOTE]

he's never needed one, therefore he has yet to refine one. In college he could throw gas and get by. In the minors he walked far too many men per 9innings, thus was converted to a RP to help the club sooner. Now, after establishing himself as a premiere set-up man (needing only 2 pitches), he has been put back into the rotation... and expected to have 3 quality pitches now? I just don't understand this. With the runs that this lineup should put on the scoreboard, isn't a top-notch RP worth more than an average #5 SP?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

We are seeing more and more shifts employed in baseball , and not just on a few select hitters. Joe Maddon uses quite a variety of shifts. It is up to the batters to make the adjustment.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox @ Blue Jays: 4/10 Game Thread : not if cook comes through. plus dice-k comes back in june..... bard is the ideal setup man. im iffy about him starting, i'd much rather see him in the pen
    Posted by mef429[/QUOTE]

I think thats just where you'll see him, mef. Sooner than later, especially of Cook continues to do well in Pawtucket. He can take the shuttle with Lavarnway

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox @ Blue Jays: 4/10 Game Thread : I think thats just where you'll see him, mef. Sooner than later
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

i agree, with how hot/cold the BP is he could be the anchor we need to solidify it. Plus with cook waiting to take his place in the roto the only available spot pending beckett is not injured would be bard's

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

is anyone else annoyed at how long this ump takes to call strikes and balls? the infield was already halfway to the dugout when he called the strikeout.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy stilleatsworms. Show MikeNagy stilleatsworms's posts

Nice pitch selection there

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy stilleatsworms. Show MikeNagy stilleatsworms's posts

In response to "Re: Red Sox @ Blue Jays: 4/10 Game Thread": [QUOTE]is anyone else annoyed at how long this ump takes to call strikes and balls? the infield was already halfway to the dugout when he called the strikeout. Posted by mef429[/QUOTE] Hes a stutterer

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

good double. just short of a HR but a good swing nontheless

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

at some point ( hopefully sooner than later) they need to call iglesias up, what he lacks at the plate he makes up for with his glove. id rather see iglesias out there than 78 year old punto, get the kid some major league at bats.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Wow!  Those fans are crazy!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]at some point ( hopefully sooner than later) they need to call iglesias up, what he lacks at the plate he makes up for with his glove. id rather see iglesias out there than 78 year old punto, get the kid some major league at bats.
    Posted by isurfvb24[/QUOTE]

iggy is getting shredded by AAA pitching he IS NOT, i repeat, IS NOT, i'll say it one more time IS NOT ready for MLB pitching. he would be decimated. and since our offense ATM is not where it should be he definitely should not be playing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

not crazy just stupid, remember what they did in vancouver after the b's whipped up on them to win the cup.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

"at some point"......ellsbury and youk are getting shredded by major league pitching.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]"at some point"......ellsbury and youk are getting shredded by major league pitching.
    Posted by isurfvb24[/QUOTE]
    no their just off to a slow start. we know ells and youk can hammer the ball. there is no indication whatsoever that iggy can swing his way out of a wet paper bag let alone an mlb pitcher.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

hi all.. this all seems eerily like september. you keep hoping for one blowout easy shutout game and yet nothing.. oh well, at least bard has no walks!