RED SOX BRIDGE (year) IS FALLING DOWN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

RED SOX BRIDGE (year) IS FALLING DOWN

I am completely amazed at this teams total lack of direction.  True fans could have waited a year or two to rebuild.  Seeing the kids play would have been a refreshing change.

GOMES.  NAPOLI.  VICTORINO.

LOOKS LIKE THE SOX ARE SIGNING AND OVERPAYING GUYS FROM MY FANTASY LEAGUE WAIVER WIRE!  THERE WAS NOTHING OUT THERE ON THE FA MARKET THIS YEAR (or next year) AND THEY STILL MANAGED TO BLOW MONEY!  I DON'T WANT HAMILTON EITHER-JUST START PUTTING SOME PIECES BACK TOGETHER! 

AND I KNOW IT IS NOT MY MONEY BUT SOMETIMES IT SURE FEELS LIKE IT!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: RED SOX BRIDGE (year) IS FALLING DOWN

you done crying now?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

you done crying now?

[/QUOTE]

No-not even close.  Total shock that they are going down this road! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Come on, Boston need to buy some time to get these kids down in the farm system to get ready to play at the major league level.

But tell you what, Ben C have been in touch with Hamilton, Swisher, Ross, among others, and guess their asking price is probably much worser than Shane's such as they may be asking for 4 plus years contract!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Come on, Boston need to buy some time to get these kids down in the farm system to get ready to play at the major league level.

3 years of Victorino

2 years of Gomes

That's a lot of time bought.

Although Ells is gone soon enough, I guess they only think 1-2 out of Bradley, Brentz, de la Cruz, Linares, and Jacobs will be ML ready in this time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CougarLover16. Show CougarLover16's posts

I personally like the sigings. I think this means Ellsbury is certain to be gone one way or another by next year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

3 years of Victorino

2 years of Gomes

Although Ells is gone soon enough, I guess they only think 1-2 out of Bradley, Brentz, de la Cruz, Linares, and Jacobs will be ML ready in this time.

[/QUOTE]

Bradley, ...maybe Brentz will be ready to contribute by 2014....the rest, who know,s

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to makonikyman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

3 years of Victorino

2 years of Gomes

[/QUOTE]

Bradley, ...maybe Brentz will be ready to contribute by 2014....the rest, who know,s

[/QUOTE]

other way around brentz and MAYBE bradley. don't count on him to be our starting CF'er by 2014

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to spewey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am completely amazed at this teams total lack of direction.  True fans could have waited a year or two to rebuild.  Seeing the kids play would have been a refreshing change.

LOOKS LIKE THE SOX ARE SIGNING AND OVERPAYING GUYS FROM MY FANTASY LEAGUE WAIVER WIRE!  THERE WAS NOTHING OUT THERE ON THE FA MARKET THIS YEAR (or next year) AND THEY STILL MANAGED TO BLOW MONEY!  I DON'T WANT HAMILTON EITHER-JUST START PUTTING SOME PIECES BACK TOGETHER! 

[/QUOTE]

And what kids would you like them to play? Brentz and bradley arent ready. Rubby needs  time after being out all of 2012 after tjs. Webster Barnes? Not ready...Bogaerts? Nope. I could even put a question mark next to Lavarnway and Iggys names because both of them dont seem fully ready to be a ft MLB player either.

So once again, what kids? Theyre not ready yet. This buys them 2-3 years. They paid more to give less years. thats normal business.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to makonikyman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

3 years of Victorino

2 years of Gomes

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

other way around brentz and MAYBE bradley. don't count on him to be our starting CF'er by 2014

[/QUOTE]

I'm not counting on them, but I'm not really counting on Gomes in 2015 & Shane in his 3rd year either.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well said, I'm in total agreement with you, so far, this looks to be another forgettable season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I understand what you are saying about the youth developement. If we took a real look at it 3 years is not a long time. Ellsbury will not be sign to an extension, never know he may be on the trade come deadline. If one of these young OF's come in and gets the chance to play, and he accomplish what Middlebrooks did last year. Gomes I will not make an judgement call until I see him play next season. I am thinking when the Sox go on the road we may see one of the youths who shows promise during spring training take the LF role. This is one way to develop the prospects.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It's one way to maximize our youths years of team control by keeping them in the minors.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jh13. Show jh13's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you mean seeing  how the youngsters (who aren't ready) will succeed?  And what would you like?  The end of last season showed how bad the Sox will be without help.  They sign a few solid veterans, will develop the youngsters and see what happens.  They want to compete (and this team will probably be solid) and not hamper themselves long term.  Sounds like they have a fairly solid plan and they are implementing it.

If you want to go see the kids play, PawSox and Seadogs tickets are still available.  Seriously, most of the Sox top prospects are just hitting AA.  Last time we were excited about a player who was just hitting AA, it was Rizzo.  And he is just now showing he is ready for the pros on a full-time basis.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

[QUOTE]

3 years of Victorino

2 years of Gomes

[/QUOTE]

Gomes will not be the everyday LF. RS hoping that Kalish will finally be ready to contribute next year after finally having a full off season to prepare, see a platoon to start. Signing of Victorino could mean I'm wrong about RS not trading Ellsbury. But with all these deals being 3 yrs or less, means RS are serious about building through the farm. Not to tough to eat/trade 1 yr of contract, than to hope the Dodgers come along every yr and eat those 7 yr commitments. Like what Ben is doing in very weak FA class, overpay in the short term [RS have $ to spend] while buying time for all the young guns in the minors to arrive. So what if Victorino is 4th outfielder his 3rd yr here, means that Bradley, Brentz, or say Jacobs/other have arrived and are doing well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

I don't mind the signings, just don't like what they paid for Naps and Victorino. A bit much I think at this time in their careers. What I don't like is the Sox just keep getting older not younger(Ortiz, Naps, Vic).

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

How about the Giants paying Scutaro about 24 mill for 3 years at 37 years old. Everybody is overpaying. Dan Haren on a down year gets 13 mi from the Nats. You take your chances with who you sign. At least the Red Sox are signing established players. Not like the AAA tean that was out there at the end of last season. I do agree that you can't have enough good pitching.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How about the Giants paying Scutaro about 24 mill for 3 years at 37 years old. Everybody is overpaying. Dan Haren on a down year gets 13 mi from the Nats. You take your chances with who you sign. At least the Red Sox are signing established players. Not like the AAA tean that was out there at the end of last season. I do agree that you can't have enough good pitching.

[/QUOTE]

people are crying about the sox overpaying for the old farts SV and MN. imagine if the sox gave scoot that contract at age 37!? the tears would be nonstop

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In the wake of Hunter for 2 @16, Haren for 1 @ 13, Gomes for 2 @5, Scutaro for 3 @ 38 BJ for 5 @15...

I love Napoli for 3 @ 13

I am okay with Vic for 3 @13.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

people are crying about the sox overpaying for the old farts SV and MN. imagine if the sox gave scoot that contract at age 37!? the tears would be nonstop

[/QUOTE]

Did you look at Victorino's year last year.  People act like he did nothing well.  39 steals, 6 times CS .  Thats elite.  Three gold gloves in the last 5 yrs.  Thats elite.  These arent numbers that are indicative of an old man.

Vic has 3 gold gloves.  RF defense is critical at Fenway.  Vic hit 17+ HR's in 2 of the last three seasons.  Thats good for a speedster.  Well rounded player, elite defense.  

In the last 5 years, he has 3 GG, 2 yrs where had MVP votes.  Yes, he had a poor 2012.  But if he didnt, we'd be talking about a lot mroe than 13 per over 3.

People just downright hate players over 30.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did you look at Victorino's year last year.  People act like he did nothing well.  39 steals, 6 times CS .  Thats elite.  Three gold gloves in the last 5 yrs.  Thats elite.  These arent numbers that are indicative of an old man.

Vic has 3 gold gloves.  RF defense is critical at Fenway.  Vic hit 17+ HR's in 2 of the last three seasons.  Thats good for a speedster.  Well rounded player, elite defense.  

In the last 5 years, he has 3 GG, 2 yrs where had MVP votes.  Yes, he had a poor 2012.  But if he didnt, we'd be talking about a lot mroe than 13 per over 3.

[/QUOTE]

thats what im getting at. i like this move a lot. but good luck explaining anything to the crybabies..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Drewski5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

thats what im getting at. i like this move a lot. but good luck explaining anything to the crybabies..

[/QUOTE]

Is that a bat in your avatar or an arm tattoo?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

tattoo. its different now but i can't change my avatar to update it

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

People, listen to Drewski. he knows his stuff. 

another thing to think about before everyone panics. 

the last year Buchholz was fully healthy, he posted a 2.33 ERA. not saying that's going to happen again, but what if he takes major step towards repeating that.

2011 Lester had a 3.47 era and was very good up until the teams collapse. Not unreasonable to think that he can get back to that.

Doubront took a pretty giant step forward last season. He is only 25 and should still be improving.

Rubby De La Rosa has the tools and could be major league ready. 

2 of these things happen and our staff is looking much better without BC making a single move