2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

Re: Red Sox Designate Scott Atchison For Assignment

In Response to Red Sox Designate Scott Atchison For Assignment:
    [QUOTE]Red Sox Designate Scott Atchison For Assignment
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]
      He was a dirt dog.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Had a strong feeling it wouldn't be DMac, but I really liked Atchison. Maybe something good will come out of this.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Designate Scott Atchison For Assignment:
    [QUOTE]Had a strong feeling it wouldn't be DMac, but I really liked Atchison. Maybe something good will come out of this.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Like what?  Other than Ross I mean.  Sox have 0 trade leverage.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I meant, maybe he will end up back here or do well elsewhere, or that it gives Bowden a chance to finally convince me he has the talent I thought he had watching him in Maine many summers ago.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Moon a fellow 'Dog watcher? very glad to hear that...I do hope, also, that Bowden gets a solid chance. 

My guess is that both Jackson and Oswalt will go elsewhere and the Sox will wind up trading for Floyd, which I would like to see.

Who goes in that trade?

Is there another trade before ST that would make sense?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Moon a fellow 'Dog watcher? very glad to hear that...I do hope, also, that Bowden gets a solid chance.  My guess is that both Jackson and Oswalt will go elsewhere and the Sox will wind up trading for Floyd, which I would like to see. Who goes in that trade? Is there another trade before ST that would make sense?
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

I live about 5 miles from Hadlock.  I liked Atchison. I know Bowden is younger but I would way rather have atchison with the ball in a game that counts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]I meant, maybe he will end up back here or do well elsewhere, or that it gives Bowden a chance to finally convince me he has the talent I thought he had watching him in Maine many summers ago.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Bowden just hasn't impressed whatsoever. He was touted as an up and coming major league pitcher, but his appearances at the ML level have been disappointing.
    Decent K ratio but 11 walks in 20 IPs is not good.
    At 24, he should have better control, and if he still has any value left, the RS should cut ties and try to get get a better prospect for him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I grew up in Portland, and lived in Gray, Limington, and New Gloucester until 2004. I return to Maine every summer and try to catch at least one dog game.

I saw Bowden pitch several times and thought he was going to be a very good MLB player. I lost faith in him, but still hold out hope.

I really liked Atchison, but am not sure he would have made the 25 man roster anyways, and since he was out of options, I guess he would have been gone anyways. My fear is that we may have several injuries and end up with our 12th pitcher being worse than him come this spring.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I don't know why people are so down on Bowden.

He's only 24, younger than the typical "breakout" age of 26.

He managed to get his first taste of the majors at only 22 or so.

All reports are he definitely has the right attitude and personality to pitch at the ML level.

I wouldn't be surprised if confidence is a major issue here.

I don't think I even knew who cliff Lee was until he was 27, maybe older.

Not everyone can be Felix Hernandez, dominating major leaguers at 20. That's what makes Felix one of the ELITE pitchers across baseball.

I would give Bowden another 2 solid years before I passed judgement. Spring Training 2014 would be when I'd expect some definitive answers on him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox Designate Scott Atchison For Assignment : I live about 5 miles from Hadlock.  I liked Atchison. I know Bowden is younger but I would way rather have atchison with the ball in a game that counts.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

I liked Lew Ford and Casey Fossum.... what is your point?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox Designate Scott Atchison For Assignment : I liked Lew Ford and Casey Fossum.... what is your point?
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Aww someone got up on the wrong side of the bed.  Poor Mr Cranky Pants. You know the part where I said "I know that Bowden is younger but I would way rather have Atchison with the ball in a game that counts'?

That was the point.  Let me know if you don't understand it again this time and I will try and slow it down a little more for you grumpus.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

The sky is falling... the sky is falling. The Sox let Atchison go, what are we going to do, who could possibly fill that all important 5th or 6th inning down 3 runs or more role. He also knows all the short cuts between Pawtucket and Boston.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

I would rather they kept Atchison and let Albers go.  Albers fooled hitters for half a year.  But I have no faith he will ever do that again.  Atchison has been consistently ok.  Albers was very good and then very bad.  Give me Atchison.

As for Bowden...when has he ever really gotten a chance to prove himself.  Perhaps if they trade him he will get his chance, and don't be surprised if he is the next Meredith or Anibal Sanchez, if they do trade him.  He has succeeded at every level of play, when given a chance.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I would rather they kept Atchison and let Albers go.  Albers fooled hitters for half a year.  But I have no faith he will ever do that again.  Atchison has been consistently ok.  Albers was very good and then very bad.  Give me Atchison.

You make a good point, but Albers has a gauranteed contract, so if we cut him, we'd still pay him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Now I see the logic, even if I don't like the result.  Thanks.