Red Sox Do Not Award Starting Roster Spots Based on Merit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Red Sox Do Not Award Starting Roster Spots Based on Merit

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Moon, you make an interesting point...didnt theo/ben and co demand Ells be moved out of CF to make way for 37 yr old Cameron a few years ago?  

Bradley is a better defensive CF'er than Ellsbury and Cameron combined. Hands down.

Since jacoby is walking anyways after this yer- move him.

and this is another i dont understand about waiting....Jb increases team leverage re the trade of excess OFs..and like you said Ells is leaving anyways....trade them before they get hurt, play poorly, or play like they dont care....trade them NOW and improve the team NOW...give us some hope....im so tired of the typical bs of slowly promoting these kids and playing them inconsistently...JB has EARNED the right to play and start...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

Moon, you make an interesting point...didnt theo/ben and co demand Ells be moved out of CF to make way for 37 yr old Cameron a few years ago?  

Bradley is a better defensive CF'er than Ellsbury and Cameron combined. Hands down.

and this is another i dont understand about waiting....Jb increases team leverage re the trade of excess OFs..and like you said Ells is leaving anyways....trade them before they get hurt, play poorly, or play like they dont care....trade them NOW and improve the team NOW...give us some hope....im so tired of the typical bs of slowly promoting these kids and playing them inconsistently...JB has EARNED the right to play and start...

how so? being able to hit fastballs that pitchers -who don't care about the outcome- throw to get into gear for the season? funny how you didn't make a plea for Dmac last season when he murdered pitching in ST..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from einrac. Show einrac's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

how so? being able to hit fastballs that pitchers -who don't care about the outcome- throw to get into gear for the season? funny how you didn't make a plea for Dmac last season when he murdered pitching in ST..

mef429-mef429=Big Zero

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to einrac's comment:

mef429-mef429=Big Zero

clever. i guess that means i win??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from einrac. Show einrac's posts

mef429-mef429=Big Zero

No it means your a BIG ZERO!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

mef429-mef429=Big Zero

if you can't beat them, insult them.

clearly that means i have won.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from einrac. Show einrac's posts

mef429-mef429=Big Zero

BIG ZERO=mef429;adds nothing and I mean nothing to this forum. BIG ZERO

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

mef429-mef429=Big Zero

and yet posters like bill are this forums greatest asset? you obviously live in the twilight zone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from einrac. Show einrac's posts

mef429-mef429=Big Zero

and yet posters like bill are this forums greatest asset? you obviously live in the twilight zone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

einrac = burrito and carnie stalker/troll of the week

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

einrac = burrito and carnie stalker/troll of the week

and a poor one at that. what happened to the days when trolls were original??

kids these days.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from einrac. Show einrac's posts

So now we know where these posters came from!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

mef429-mef429=Big Zero

einrac = 2004Idiot = stalker

posted at 3/22/2013 8:42 AM EDT

• 2004Idiot
    • First: 3/12/2013
    • Last: 3/22/2013

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to ArtCarnie's comment:

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

spam

and not even funny

actually they're very funny.

The only thing that's funny is that you actually think you might be fooling anyone.

I repeat:
    Art Carney is regarded as one of the finest comic actors in television history.

Comedy is very important in one's life. Art Carney is most remembered for the simple-minded, effusive, and charismatic character of Ed Norton who played a foil to Jackie Gleason's Ralph Kramden on the situation comedy The Honeymooners.

I chose his name for my moniker in dedication to the smile he brought me and millions of fans of his.

You are not Art Carney.

Please do not confuse yourself with this great actor.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Bradley Jr. - " I have been trying hard to make the team this spring. I have hit well over .400 , played flawless defense, hustled at all times and expressed a willingness to play any outfield position."  " I have been the best player in camp , and the biggest story of spring training."       Ben C.  - " Jackie , it's meaningless."

Bradley Jr " I know I have a bright future and had a really good spring. I  only played a half season in AA ball last year and I struggled. I would like to make the team this year for opening day but if I don't it's no big deal, I know I will be there soon"

Dgalehouse "Jackie this is a big deal."

Ben C. " I'm really torn on this.  I know  Bradley deserves to make the team , but business - wise it makes sense for the future to send him to Pawtucket for a bit. We will save a year of control down the road, but on the other hand, we really need to get off to a good start. I'm just not sure what to do."         Snakeoil : " Don't worry Ben , you can do no wrong as far as I am concerned."

Drew bad signing, Dempster overpaid, Victorino overpaid. 

I don't think I have even ever typed Cherington's name before this let alone said he can do no wrong.

Nice try moving the goalposts.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Drew bad signing, Dempster overpaid, Victorino overpaid. 

I don't think I have even ever typed Cherington's name before this let alone said he can do no wrong.

Nice try moving the goalposts.

His goalposts must be made of Balsa Wood, otherwise his back would be broken by now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Bradley Jr. - " I have been trying hard to make the team this spring. I have hit well over .400 , played flawless defense, hustled at all times and expressed a willingness to play any outfield position."  " I have been the best player in camp , and the biggest story of spring training."       Ben C.  - " Jackie , it's meaningless."

Yes, it's meaningless because Notin says the pitchers are just going through the motions. As for his defense that his manager is impressed with, that's only because the ball isn't being hit hard because the hitters are just going through the motions.

If Bradley was going through the motions, he might have a better case to take the starting spot away from Gomes. But, remember, Ellsbury and Shane cost about 23 million a year so you know how good they are. No room there.

A ball hit 300 feet, still goes 300 feet. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Think the whole question of whether to bring up Bradley for opening day or not is kind of moot.  Look around...an injury vacancy is going to inevitably get him to Fenway at some point in 2013.  Probably sooner rather than later.  For now, though, they need to quit messing with his head with the indecision.  As for Ellsbury, why trade him now?  The burden is on him to set the stage for any team to want to pay big money for him when he hits FA status.  He needs to shine this year.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Management's latest moved goal post was "let's see how he does against a good LH MLB pticher like Cliff Lee". Oh well, move the goal posts again.

1. We see him as a CF'er

2. We are going to look at him in LF

3. We need to see how he handles good LHP

4. We're going to start him in the minors to save some money about 7 years from now

5. We are incompetent management

I'm still waitibg for you to supply one single post where you had something good to say about the Red Sox.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Management's latest moved goal post was "let's see how he does against a good LH MLB pticher like Cliff Lee". Oh well, move the goal posts again.

1. We see him as a CF'er

4. We're going to start him in the minors to save some money about 7 years from now

I'm still waitibg for you to supply one single post where you had something good to say about the Red Sox.

I've given up on reading Softy's posts, if they are more than a sentence I just don't bother investing that time from my life. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

1. We see him as a CF'er

I've given up on reading Softy's posts, if they are more than a sentence I just don't bother investing that time from my life. 

I'm pretty sure he's not even a Red Sox fan. He just comes here to annoy us. :-)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

1. We see him as a CF'er

Exactly. They're a massive waste of time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

1. We see him as a CF'er

Exactly. They're a massive waste of time.

just a lot of words that say nothing