Red Sox fan injured by beer can punted by Gomes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Re: Red Sox fan injured by beer can punted by Gomes

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

In response to 67redsox's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

ADG - the bottom line is if a fan did this he'd be in jail and all the people who loved what Gomes did would be piling on the action of the fan.  I'd expect nothing less........

And now, cue all the insults directed at me.........and try it make it more personal this time too!!!!

No insults here andrew.  I think we all know how you feel however, LOL!  I see your point of view but I can understand what others are saying also.

You seem to feel deeply about this.  Are you a lawyer or involved with the law in any way?

[/QUOTE]

the only reason the others feel the opposite way is because it is a Red Sox player

and if they try and rationalize that "No one got hurt" then my question to them is do they support drinking and driving as long as no one gets hurt?

and finally, to say it's wrong to file charges or use a lawyer - not only would the Sox do that but everyone here would do the same thing if someone caused them harm

we could argue all day long about if JD Drew was worth his contract or not...But some of the views on Jonny Thugs is very disturbing.....

[/QUOTE]

andrew~

I think people on both sides of the argument are pretty firm in their beliefs.  I don't think you are going to change any minds.  As I said I can see both sides of this issue.

If it were me I would want tickets to all post season games this year, including world series tickets.  I would also ask for season tickets for at least next year if not longer.  Priceless!!! Wink

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

ADG - the bottom line is if a fan did this he'd be in jail and all the people who loved what Gomes did would be piling on the action of the fan.  I'd expect nothing less........

And now, cue all the insults directed at me.........and try it make it more personal this time too!!!!

No insults here andrew.  I think we all know how you feel however, LOL!  I see your point of view but I can understand what others are saying also.

You seem to feel deeply about this.  Are you a lawyer or involved with the law in any way?

[/QUOTE]

the only reason the others feel the opposite way is because it is a Red Sox player

and if they try and rationalize that "No one got hurt" then my question to them is do they support drinking and driving as long as no one gets hurt?

and finally, to say it's wrong to file charges or use a lawyer - not only would the Sox do that but everyone here would do the same thing if someone caused them harm

we could argue all day long about if JD Drew was worth his contract or not...But some of the views on Jonny Thugs is very disturbing.....

[/QUOTE]

andrew~

I think people on both sides of the argument are pretty firm in their beliefs.  I don't think you are going to change any minds.  As I said I can see both sides of this issue.

If it were me I would want tickets to all post season games this year, including world series tickets.  I would also ask for season tickets for at least next year if not longer.  Priceless!!! Wink

[/QUOTE]

Right......OK......and if the fan did that to Gomes do you think the fan could just allow Gomes to watch the fan work for a year ("if not longer") for free and Gomes would let it go?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

andrew~

[/QUOTE]

Right......OK......and if the fan did that to Gomes do you think the fan could just allow Gomes to watch the fan work for a year ("if not longer") for free and Gomes would let it go?

[/QUOTE]

I don't know andrew, I'm just trying to lighten things up Laughing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

For the love of god....let it go.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

In response to S5's comment:

Here's a thought.

Rather than be talking about what this injured buy SHOULD do or what he MIGHT be entitled to, how's about we just let him do whatever he thinks is right and keep our collective noses out of it?

Speaking only for myself (who else?) the last thing I want or need is some do-gooder making a mountain out of a molehill when it's none of his business. 

Accidents happen, and not every accident requires a lawyer or legislative action to be sure it never happens again. 

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

Because this affects me to.  I'd like to be able to go a game without having the risk of being hammered with a beer can.  Of course, if the Sox don't address the issue I simply won't go back but that would be a shame

No it wouldn't.  That would be a wonderful thing for all Fenway fans, especially for the ones who would have to sit next to or near you.  Now that you mention it, I hope the Sox don't address the issue for the sole reason of you not attending a game.  In fact, if the man that was struck by the beer can reads this thread, he will beg the Sox not to address the issue just so he would never have to encounter you either.  

Being struck by a beer can is no comparison to having to sit by you when you've paid good money to enjoy the Red Sox play at Fenway.  Gomes, the players, the fans, and even the front office will all join in one big beer can puntfest directed toward you.  If the elderly man gets hit with stray can intended for you, he will stoicly regard it as friendly fire.  They might even promote it as a special event  - AndrewMitch Beer Clown Night.  A guess will join Don Orsillo and Eck in the booth to talk about it during the NESN broadcast, and Don and Eck will get in on the action too.  Eck will show off his educated cheese boot that will bonk you squarely on the noggin.

A pleasant time is guaranteed for all.   

sheriff - I would love to know what your education is like. I can only imagine. High school at best.

Maybe if I had more schoolin', I would be smarter than John Farrell and the Red Sox front office and be able to lambaste them with poisonous venom in hindsight after every disappointing Red Sox game outcome.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[/QUOTE]

Andrew, do you think there is a single poster here that disagrees with your premise i.e. Gomes was wrong and wreckless?  I don't.

I think the entire issue is scale.  One man's "can launched at a man's face" is another man's "boo boo".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

andrew~

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know andrew, I'm just trying to lighten things up Laughing

[/QUOTE]

Of course you know the answer.  Everyone here knows the answer. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Andrew, do you think there is a single poster here that disagrees with your premise i.e. Gomes was wrong and wreckless?  I don't.

I think the entire issue is scale.  One man's "can launched at a man's face" is another man's "boo boo".

[/QUOTE]

You can't watch the video and think the beer can was gently tosses..We all saw what happened.  It was reckless and dangerous and idiot.  Whether it ended up in a boo boo or a broken face is not the issue......Again, do you think drinking and driving is OK as long as any accident only results in a BOO BOO?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Well, that's it for me here. 

I've been a fan 3 dozen years.  We got a great team.  I am not going to let Johnny Thugs ruin my October party.  The responses here are a typical comment on today's society.

I trust that justice will prevail in time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

drinking and driving is a far worse crime than kick the can at fans.

1 of them kills people every day.  the other causes facial lacerations.  the punishment should fit the crime. 

drive drunk?  pay a fine (1k-3k) + possible loss of license for a short time.

kick the can at fans?  a warning from employer not to do stupidity again + settlement (probably $10k if i had to guess).

fair?  i dont think so.  DD should have to pay more than kick the can IMO.

when the sox win the ALDS and the team has a small celebration i highly doubt JG would do this again.  but if he did, then i would expect someone in a uniform & a badge to have a "discussion" with him.

as for the argument that if a fan did it to gomes he would be arrested.  of course.  double standards.  not a difficult thought to grasp.  it's a fact of life.  have any friends that are minorities?  ask them how often they are "profiled".  double standards happen daily. 

fact of life.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

FWIW...i actually like the "jonny thugs" moniker.  i bet he would like it too. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

as for the argument that if a fan did it to gomes he would be arrested.  of course.  double standards.  not a difficult thought to grasp.  it's a fact of life.  have any friends that are minorities?  ask them how often they are "profiled".  double standards happen daily. 

fact of life.

Life must be fair and everyone should get a trophy.

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

fact of life.

Life must be fair and everyone should get a trophy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I'm Korean and people assume that I am good in math and computers.  So not true.   LOL

People also assume that I like rice.  I prefer a wheat bagel toasted (or everything bagel) with extra cream cheese at Dunkin Donut over a bowl of rice or noodles.   LOL  Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

I'm Korean and people assume that I am good in math and computers.  So not true.   LOL

People also assume that I like rice.  I prefer a wheat bagel toasted (or everything bagel) with extra cream cheese at Dunkin Donut over a bowl of rice or noodles.   LOL  Laughing

Too funny, IC!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]

Too funny, IC!

[/QUOTE]

Good morning ThefourBs!   Laughing

I lived in Cambridge, MA for two years and I tried so hard to have a Bostonian accent like Ben Affleck did from the movie, "The Town".   LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Too funny, IC!

[/QUOTE]

I lived in Cambridge, MA for two years and I tried so hard to have a Bostonian accent like Ben Affleck did from the movie, "The Town".   LOL

[/QUOTE]

Then you've seen the DD ads on TV.  Either you've got it or you don't - and since you're a Sox fan we like you anyway!  Laughing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

hahahaha.

"we" also assume you are a terrible driver.

btw - your post made my stomach growl.....going to get bagel now!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Too funny, IC!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL

I'm with S5. It's tough to fake.

Just throw in "the bastids", every once in a while. That'll work. LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I've been a fan 3 dozen years.  We got a great team.  I am not going to let Johnny Thugs ruin my October party.  The responses here are a typical comment on today's society.

I am pretty sure people like you are what is wrong with society.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yup.

Someone always has to be fired, sued and /or blamed for every mishap.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

I would assume though that you like ice cream, but I wouldn't assume that you'd necessarily like kimchi ice cream.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No need to add the "pretty", Joe.  I'm certain.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

well, I don't think the Red Sox are too concerned......NESN is running a commercial of the celebration following the division clinching game, including JG punting cans into the crowd.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

The Sox should be sued for their lack of concern!!